MotoGP 2024

Official now, interesting thing is the Gas Gas name is gone, the team is now just Tech3 KTM...
1718281644918.png

This is a little surprising/disappointing. BMW has been heavily rumored to be making a move to MotoGP in the near future, but then today their only Satellite WSBK squad announced they are disbanding at the end of the year. Leaves Gerloff and Redding in the breeze and also limits any of the potentially ousted MotoGP refugees from moving to WSBK in that case. Not sure what to make of this, as Toprak is currently leading the World Championship on the BMW after his hat trick last weekend. Just business I suppose.

I would imagine the lap times and top speeds will be vastly changed when the 800CC bikes take the field......

Maybe they'll redesign the tracks to make them more complex to add a different level of skill to the race series...?

Since there's no racing going on, I guess the Spanish broadcaster DAZN decided to spice things up with a Dani Pedrosa VS Jorge Lorenzo Boxing match! I couldn't make this up. Unsure if this is just for charity or what. Pedrosa looks fit, but he must be 50+Lb's lighter than Lorenzo at this point. Who you got?

I would imagine the lap times and top speeds will be vastly changed when the 800CC bikes take the field......

Maybe they'll redesign the tracks to make them more complex to add a different level of skill to the race series...?

I’m not so sure. They’re not going to be Moto2 bikes, just a 149/150 cc reduction to 850, a 75 mm bore vs an 81 mm. They’re claiming of course that the speeds will be reduced and the change will make things safer, with better mileage and thus more sustainable but, they had to say something. I really missed the high revving high pitch sound of the older F1 cars when they changed to turbos. Still do but the current cars are…tolerable. :) Will they change the Moto2 bikes too?

Fabio saying he absolutely does not want to race as long as Alex must have raised a few eyebrows at Yamaha after the truckload of cash they just dumped in his yard.

It's got to do something to stay alive........

Obviously it's struggling or it wouldn't be changing it's engine displacement

Struggling? Haven’t heard that. Moto3s are 250s, Moto2s are 765cc triples and MotoGP bikes went from 500s to 1000ccs (or are they 999ccs like all so called liter bikes) and in a couple years will be just 85ccs larger than Moto2 bikes? And with no ride height devices. I don’t like it. :confused: :race:

Struggling? Haven’t heard that. Moto3s are 250s, Moto2s are 765cc triples and MotoGP bikes went from 500s to 1000ccs (or are they 999ccs like all so called liter bikes) and in a couple years will be just 85ccs larger than Moto2 bikes? And with no ride height devices. I don’t like it. :confused: :race:
See @bigoltool s thread....they must be struggling if cost is involved......what is the return for all the expenses that goes into Moto GP?

Is there that big of a following to pay the wages and all the other fees that goes along with the sport.

Back