motorcycle stands

cycleman

Registered
New guy here. Just got a new 08 model and have a few questions. I need to get some stands so I can service/work on the machine. Checking posts and it seems that the T-Rex is popular. Heres the question. What, if any, accessories are needed with the stands. I don't know what sliders and spools are. If needed what sizes? All help appreciated.

Get the spool type. Spools are little "Spools" the lift grabs to pick up the bike. Sliders are for the side of the bike to help lower damage in case it tips over.

I know 08's have a longer tail and some of the rear stands have fit issues. Maybe someone with a GEN II will chime in on the best fit for the rear.

I have a pit bull forward facing rear and Redline front for my 06.

and :welcome:

Last edited:

IMG_0100.jpg

Slider2 (Small).JPG

I choose pitbull also definitely some nice hardware. The Little blue wheels are spools. You can get them from pitbull also

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, go with spools. I've got a pitbull forward facing rear and a pitbull forkift front. They're not cheap, but imho they're worth it.

Ps. I don't know if anyone else noticed it, or if I'm just a wimp, but with the forward facing rear stands, do any of you have just a little trouble getting the bike up by yourself? I know I'm not a big guy (about 175lbs), but I was literally lifting myself at the end of the handle and not quite getting the bike high enough.. hell.. I thought of welding a breaker bar to the end.

Pics to come.

Last edited:
Forward facing does take some effort to get to the sweet spot, but I feel alot more comfortable being beside the bike when lifting.

Wag has a cool rear stand that works great...cant remember the name

edit: I have about 70lbs. on ya

I have pitbull's too. Spools in rear; stem for front. (There are a few diff types even from same manf!)

New bike? I just call em and get a diff pin for the front; at least that has worked for 10 years and 10 bikes.. For PB - gen 1 and 2 pins are the same #... But the Gen II sits lower on it / tighter to front cowl.

Hectic - I'm of similar size / with a muscle or two perhaps...

Getting the BUSA on the front stand by myself requires extreme concentration and luck for me too. I like it better when somene else can assist. I have 2 1000 cc bikes that are easy to lift and steady... (Busa is a heavy bike!)

God, I need to wash it when the water won't freeze. :(
I'm filled with shame.

On stands
007-1.jpg

Front Stand
010.jpg

Rear Stand Closeup
008-1.jpg

Front Stand Closeup
011.jpg

Frame Sliders
009-1.jpg

Hope this helped your decision.

007-1.jpg

010.jpg

008-1.jpg

Last edited:
God, I need to wash it when the water won't freeze. :(
I'm filled with shame.

On stands

Front Stand
010.jpg

Rear Stand Closeup

Front Stand Closeup
011.jpg

Frame Sliders

Hope this helped your decision.

in this picture the side chocks are upside down the weight is supposed to be facing towards the ground, doing it this way will scratch your fender too, not to mention you cant remove your axel to service your tire or brakes this way

That front lift looks easier to lift than a pin model would.. ( In my opinion! )

Pin model you have to Lift the front higher than resting position swivel floor brace into the exact position AND ensure a little approx 1/2" crossbar lines ep exactly with the floor brace BEFORE letting the bike back down..... That is an intense 30-60 seconds where a lot could go wrong.. You are essentially holding the bike up with one arm and setting the floor brace with the other.

Last edited:
Yep, the weights should point down.

I have been using LP Racing stands for several years on different bikes. They are the best I have used. The rear stand does not hit the tail on the Busa like a few others that I have tried. The front triple tree stand is also a good quality stand.

Alittle nervous with the T-Rex stands due to their construction. So I purchased the Pit Bull stands. Alittle more, but you can really tell the difference! Besides, you may need to remove your fender every time you use a triple tree for an 08. There is a great example
of alternatives here though.

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Welcome to the org, whatever brand of stands you decide to purchase, you will find them invaluable when performing routine maintenance on your busa. :beerchug:

I have the t-rex rear stand and the construction seems fine. It does come real close to the taillight when lifting the bike though. Definetly add the spools for ease and stability.

I got redline industrial stands and i love them. I got them on sale with their spools for $203 shipped plus he is a board sponsor give him a call his name is IAN you wont be dissapointed i promise.

Back