Rear bike stand

I really like the Power Stands. They are both spool and regular.

http://www.powerstands.com/

DSC05727a.jpg

Both are excellent. I prefer the Pit Bull myself, but I've used the Redline before and it is also good.

That having been said, I see a problem using this "One-Man Stand" on the K8:

F0043-000LG.jpg

Watch the video to see this problem. The issue is confirming that the RIGHT spool (as you sit on the bike) is properly engaged in its spool arm before lifting the bike. It looks like a trivial exercise in the vid; but they are using a tiny little Triumph sportbike. On the K8 with stock exhaust, the right bazooka is so huge you would likely not be able to see the right spool (remember, you're standing on the left side of the bike when you use this stand). If you go ahead and lean over to the right to try to see the spool, you are really setting yourself up for the bike falling on its right side.
I have this one-man PitBull stand. Worked great with my little R6, but when it came to the Busa, you have to be a Hulk, and I'm not weak, to get it up, the bike that is. I use a PVC pipe and slide it over the bar to give extra length for leverage. And you are correct, the other drawback is that you cannot see the right side spool and it's tricky to make sure you have it on there. I now have an 08 Busa, and still have the stock exhaust and I don't think the one-man PitBull will work with that huge exhaust on the left side of the bike. Looks like the ABBA stand is the tits.

wowold.gif
I'm shocked we have got a product that you guys haven't.

ABBA stands are terrific, you can clamber all over your bike when it's on one of these stands, one handed and one person lifting, best of all change your bike and just buy a new adaptor kit and your off.

They also make a front lift to go with the rear stand so you can take off wheels / shocks/ forks without any problems.
hello.gif

wowold.gif
I'm shocked we have got a product that you guys haven't.

ABBA stands are terrific, you can clamber all over your bike when it's on one of these stands, one handed and one person lifting, best of all change your bike and just buy a new adaptor kit and your off.

They also make a front lift to go with the rear stand so you can take off wheels / shocks/ forks without any problems.  
hello.gif
Glad to see someone else from Scotland. I am with you i have the Abba stand and it is great.Much easier to use than a rear padock stand .Agree most of the items i wanted for the new busa i have bought from the states

That Abba stand is cool. Not sure I like the front one but the rear one seems good.

I sent ABBA an e-mail last night about how I can order a ABBA superbike stand from the USA and heres the reply I got back:

We currently do not have a distributor in the USA, We can sell direct no problem at all but the shipping prices are very expensive. It would cost around £90.00GBP just for the shipping to send the abba superbike stand to you in the US. (Fedex)

This is how I do it. take a bar that fits thru the hole in the swingarm pivot about 4 foot long , while sitting on the bike slide the bar thru and put it on jackstands now when you get off the bike is sitting upright on the wheels go behind the bike put your stand on the spools and lift it , when you want to put it down just lower it slowly right back on the jack stands
cool.gif

Anyone heard anything good or bad about vortex stands, they are the only stands I could find to get shipped over here?

Anyone heard anything good or bad about vortex stands, they are the only stands I could find to get shipped over here?

Back