Which rear stand do you guys use?

Pitbull and LOVE them...
beerchug.gif

black%20busa%20gen3%20carbon.jpg

Haven't had a chance to get the new girl up on them just yet...
cool.gif

I did my research before I bought my stand just like you. I ended up going with the reverse pitbull, like bluehaya's. I bought it because you stand along side your bike. I have not mastered it yet but I can tell you the busa is heavy and be careful. I will feel like the biggest jerk if I drop my bike trying to put it on its stand.

Not trying to be weird or funny,......but I use my 9000 lb. capacity automotive lift. It takes me a few minutes longer to raise my bike,........but,..........the lift is paid for. No bike stands lying around to trip over!!
whistling.gif

Question: I remember reading that the Pit Bull front stem stand puts too much pressure on the front light plastic before it lifts the weight of the bike. Do any of you owning Pit Bulls experience this with your K8?

Midlife - do you experience this with your front stand "Power Stand" ?

Question: I remember reading that the Pit Bull front stem stand puts too much pressure on the front light plastic before it lifts the weight of the bike. Do any of you owning Pit Bulls experience this with your K8?

I think it would but I have not tried it yet. I only plan on using it when I take the front nose cowl off and then it will lift the front with out any problem. To answer you question again, I tried to fit the pin in and I think it would put a lot of pressure on the plastic. I have call the company and they even said that they recommended taking the front cowl off before lifting the nose by the triple tree.

What is this you speak of....?

I've never heard of it or had a problem with my PitBull stands on the Gen-I.

Is this a Gen-II only problem or something else...?

I have this one....

wicky[/url]
Right on!! I use the CycleCat rear and also the CycleCat front since I have a non-stock front fender. For ease of use by one person and safely lifting the bike they can't be beat. Just a little more $$ than Pit Bull and the others.
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Midlife, thanks for your reply. To have to take the front cowl off is asking too much I think. I read somewhere that the LP works very good with a stock bike and don't have to take anyting off. But I wish I could confirm that with someone who used it with a K8. I'm looking for a front stand with a pin that can lift a STOCK Gen II or K8 by the triple tree without having to take any plastic off the bike.

Midlife, thanks for your reply.  To have to take the front cowl off is asking too much I think.  I read somewhere that the LP works very good with a stock bike and don't have to take anyting off.  But I wish I could confirm that with someone who used it with a K8. I'm looking for a front stand with a pin that can lift a STOCK Gen II or K8 by the triple tree without having to take any plastic off the bike.
I've got Pitbulls and a Gen-II. Give me a day or so and I'll let you know if they work...
thumb_up.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back