motorcycle stands

I have the t-rex rear stand and the construction seems fine. It does come real close to the taillight when lifting the bike though. Definetly add the spools for ease and stability.
I know several people that have T-Rex stands, and none of them have had any problems either.

check these by Puig

DSC00698.jpg

4348N gran.jpg

DSC00694.jpg

I got the T-Rex (I'm cheap) and they work fine. I bought them when I had my '06 (Gen I), and now use them on my 08 (Gen II). It is a little tighter fit on the Gen II, but works fine. Use spools---only why to go IMO. I also put a small 2x6 under the side stand to "straighten" her up before I put her on the rear stand. GOOD LUCK!

I got a Vortex rear and spools for 79.00 and another vortex triple tree front stand for 99.00 Both are heavy duty with four nice urethane wheels on each. My dealer always hooks me up.

^ Ian has been a good sponsor to the board and attends the Bash from time to time. Donates a set of stand from time to time too...

Best stands ever made, front and rear, are the Cycle Cat stands. My wife lifts her bike with one finger, literally. Easy up, easy down.

Vid:

Okay, she used her whole hand that time! LOL

The front stand is outstanding as well.

Only caveat? They tend to be pricey and if I'm not mistaken, they are not making them any more. I heard a rumor that they may resume making them but nothing in concrete yet.

--Wag--

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres my setup. Front stand is a triple tree pin and the rear uses the spool mount . I also have the front frame sliders from T Rex.

1 more cycle pix.jpg

Attachments

• cycle pix 2-1-09 001.zip
    216.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Do you put your front or rear stand first? This is one man operation.
I was worried that I will drop her if I put the front first.
I tried putting rear stand first but I just cannot lift the front stand up after that.
I just got the front stand and need some advise what is the best way to put them up.

I got a Vortex rear and spools for 79.00 and another vortex triple tree front stand for 99.00 Both are heavy duty with four nice urethane wheels on each. My dealer always hooks me up.

Same here. Good stuff! Here's what they look like:

front.JPG

back.JPG

spool.JPG

Opinions Requested

Pit Bull Front stand, currently configured to lift from fork (not stem)
Not sure I'm satisfied with this positioning, need opinions ...

First pic L side - everything looks good, right?

IMG_9671.JPEG

Second Pic R side
Notice how the stand isn't sharing the weight evenly across the fork as it is on the other side. The speed sensor mount is where the other spindle (rearward) is gaining purchase. It's all one construction but I'm still nervous ...
IMG_9674.JPEG

Back