New things I'm learning about new busa

groran1000

Donating Member
Registered
It has an easy start. Instead of holding down the start button, yes press it once and it does the rest for you. The brake light flashes under hard braking. Previously only on the European model. I was told the key didn't have a chip. The handlebar is definitely higher and more back, easier on my wrist. The top of the gas tank has a plastic piece, so I can't use my magnetic bag. Has a hill brake so it doesn't roll back on steep inclines. Instant fuel consumption meter for MPG. Has a diagnosis display for the failure of multiple systems. Of course, a wonderful electronic control array that I think is better than the BMW 1000rr system. I didn't see anything about the break-in procedure. Love the LED running lights, so bright and has a nice angle to them. I was able to put my feet down on the floor so it may be a little shorter in height, not sure. Could have been my shoes. Anyone, please add to the list! I'm sure there's more.

It has an easy start. Instead of holding down the start button, yes press it once and it does the rest for you. The brake light flashes under hard braking. Previously only on the European model. I was told the key didn't have a chip. The handlebar is definitely higher and more back, easier on my wrist. The top of the gas tank has a plastic piece, so I can't use my magnetic bag. Has a hill brake so it doesn't roll back on steep inclines. Instant fuel consumption meter for MPG. Has a diagnosis display for the failure of multiple systems. Of course, a wonderful electronic control array that I think is better than the BMW 1000rr system. I didn't see anything about the break-in procedure. Love the LED running lights, so bright and has a nice angle to them. I was able to put my feet down on the floor so it may be a little shorter in height, not sure. Could have been my shoes. Anyone, please add to the list! I'm sure there's more.
do you still pull in the clutch to start it? I thought I saw Chris Moore start his without doing that in his video...

I was told the key didn't have a chip.
The key is coded to the ECU:

I didn't see anything about the break-in procedure.
Page 1-8 in the owner’s manual:

1D0C91D2-46D2-4548-8A80-131C932EB4AF.jpeg

I thought the manual said on immobilizer-equipped bikes. I asked the dealer and he said no chip in the key and it looks like previous gen's keys. I think the euro bikes have the chips for sure. Yes, men, keep it coming. See, I didn't see the break-in part, thanks for that.

(...)I think the euro bikes have the chips for sure. (..)

yes you´re right - all busas since 2008 / gen2 in europe have that immobilizers
and the gen3 for sure too.

info aside - the immo (at the gen2) can be flashed out, my brother told me some weeks ago.
if possible at the gen3 too? i have no clue.

from my point of view the theft protection by a chipped key (immobilizer) since 2008 is completely useless.
4 guys at 4 corners and the bike disappears inside a truck.
that action needs around 15-20 seconds - saw that in a short movie in the internet some years ago.

so what the fu ck

hey guys

here is the video
(and i have to correct my writing above - only 2 thefts at 2 corners)

the only thing that could help against such theft is a bar cemented into the ground plus a massive chain on the motorcycle
as i could see in budapest, hungary.
there they even chain a car around the rear axle to such a bracket when ever they park it (at home) even they stop only for 5 minutes or so.

I thought the manual said on immobilizer-equipped bikes. I asked the dealer and he said no chip in the key and it looks like previous gen's keys. I think the euro bikes have the chips for sure. Yes, men, keep it coming. See, I didn't see the break-in part, thanks for that.
If your bike has a immobilizer, a key symbol light comes on the cluster/dash then its fitted with anti theft ecu,

Got the bike today and man is it gorgeous. In the bright cloudless sky of SOCAL, you see the sparkles that I didn't know it had nor could I see it in the showroom and there are a lot of them, so much, it kinda changes the color of the black as noted. They are silver sparkles and make the black look like real dark grey metallic or kinda dark chocolate metallic. Everything has sparkles. The mirror frame is light gray with them, the case on side of the engine is a medium gray with sparkles instead of a black case. There is no lock on the side to take off the seat. Maybe it comes with the hump dunno. There are so many electronic options, I will take the manual with me on rides so I can adjust some stuff, no way I can remember due to being a lot of info or just too damn old to remember. I already ordered 40mm longer pegs because it hurts my hips at that angle and did so on the gen2 also. Now, the handlebar may not need to be heightened, have to wait and see, but it's definitely higher and back some so that's really good for me.

Back