New things I'm learning about new busa

I found out there is no prop for the fuel tank .the manual gives you the part number so you can order one . I know it sounds crazy,but that annoys the deal out of me . Also the black paint on the plastic part of the tank scratches way too easily . Just on the ride home from picking her up scratched the hell out of the tank . I corrected about 95% of the paint and will get it to 100 but for the price they're asking I would expect better quality paint .

I found out there is no prop for the fuel tank .the manual gives you the part number so you can order one . I know it sounds crazy,but that annoys the deal out of me . Also the black paint on the plastic part of the tank scratches way too easily . Just on the ride home from picking her up scratched the hell out of the tank . I corrected about 95% of the paint and will get it to 100 but for the price they're asking I would expect better quality paint .

Nowhere under the rear cowling?

I love black but I've owned way to many black vehicles and the stress isn't worth it hahahaha.

No,and in the manual it states that if you wish to use a prop rod to order one followed by the part number for the prop rod

Those cheap bastards! :laugh: If I didn’t know I had one I might not have ever found it as it’s tucked into clips so neatly along the inside of the cowling. I really had to look for it. Sadly the tank on my Z doesn‘t and has to be unbolted front and rear to access the air filter.

Yep love the black but damn suzuki if I knew you were gonna be that cheap on the clear coat would've got the white one ...smh... no biggie she's getting ceramic coating soon and tank decal with clear bra asap.
Actually seen a real nice tank pad for the black gen 3 hanging on the wall at my local dealer when I went to get some parts the other day. If it wasn't for the little bit of gold at the bottom and me questioning how it would fit in my gen 2 tank I would of grabbed one for myself.

Yep love the black but damn suzuki if I knew you were gonna be that cheap on the clear coat would've got the white one ...smh... no biggie she's getting ceramic coating soon and tank decal with clear bra asap.
Let us know what tank decal and the clear bra that you get, please.

I had a magknite and it worked great but it started to crack after a couple years.
What’s your climate like?

I used to see them hanging in the accessories section years ago…I guess he’s mostly selling them direct now.

What’s your climate like?

I used to see them hanging in the accessories section years ago…I guess he’s mostly selling them direct now.
I live in Northern Wisconsin but I believe I was only doing summertime riding at the time I had the Magknight on the bike which was always parked in a garage. I'm sure I did store the bike all winter in the unheated garage with the Magknight on it though. I only removed it to wash and wax the bike. The Magknight started to crack at the small radius to both sides of the top center portion where your chest would rest while in a tuck. I think I started to notice this pretty soon after having the Magknight on the bike. Other than that, it was great! It never let go even at some very high speeds. It protected the tank and never left a mark on it. I would try a vynil wrap instead of a Magknight now. The vinyl stripes I had on the tank of that bike held up for 8 years and counting. Of course, vinyl won't protect 100% against something hard like a zipper or belt buckle.

I love the look of TecSpec but if the paint on the new busa's tank is that vulnerable, TecSpec may not offer enough coverage. You could buy a larger sheet of TecSpec and cut it into smaller shapes for complete coverage but that would be a lot of work and expensive and pretty heavy for just a tank protector.

My genuine Suzuki part Hayabusa tank bra has done the job on my Gen2 for 11 years. Kind of old school but it works.

Back