New things I'm learning about new busa

Went ahead and ordered oem decals from Suzuki for now until something better pops up they are on ebay right now only a few left since you can't buy them from Suzuki yet ...smh

Screenshot_20210705-070714_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210705-070321_eBay.jpg

What would it cost to remove the plastics and have them clear coated with 5-6 coats?
The kanji decals would cost $160 if they're as expensive as the Gen2 decals. A professional clear coat is how I'd go on a brand new Gen3. Either that or wrap the whole thing in vinyl.

I remember hearing complaints about the Gen2 paint being vulnerable to damage too. My 08 has suffered more from rock strikes than my Kawasaki did but a tank bra has kept the tank in good shape.

I thought about using that clear film they use on new cars for rock chips and such. Maybe the whole top of the tank, then put the usual scuff preventer where the chest goes in a tuck. The stuff is super tough, stays clear, and is pretty cheap.

That it handles far better than I thought it would . At first it felt heavy,which I attributed to going from a gen2 with a yoshimura full exhaust to a gen3 with stock . 300 miles later it feels so well balanced esp at low speeds maneuvering in tight spaces . I will be looking at helibars when they are available .

The engine has a lot of changes including lighter-weight components like the rods. MotoGP-inspired clutch and brake handle with holes in them. Seven spoke wheel design. The diamond-like coating on the front shocks. Battlax hyper sport tires are designed especially for the new busa. The front brake disc is 10mm larger. Longer needle shaft bearings on the transmission shaft. Better lubing on crankshaft oil holes. Much more, look here.

Did you order off ebay ? I just looked and tank pad is sold out but side tank decals are still available... carbon mirror covers are on there for $150 but I asked seller and they just use 3m tape to put it on so not a fan of that since I will be doing high speeds and my luck they would fly off lol

Did you order off ebay ? I just looked and tank pad is sold out but side tank decals are still available... carbon mirror covers are on there for $150 but I asked seller and they just use 3m tape to put it on so not a fan of that since I will be doing high speeds and my luck they would fly off lol
That 3M tape is pretty serious stuff...that's what vent visors and ground effect kits are put on with...

Back