Pics of my cracked head

well omar will your bike be up and running by this weekend?
No.
sad.gif

I'm hoping that I can get the engine back in by next weekend.
please.gif

Well hopefully this is the fix to end the headaches right. You still have plenty of time. mines still in pieces everywhere.

Omar,
Awesome. I know you have been having fits with that thing since this started. I am glad that you finally nailed it down.

Don

Damn, damn, damn...hearing about 'em is one thing, but seeing these pics is just bad
sad.gif

I hope you get everything squared away in time for the bash Omar...

Dear Omar

I'm sorry you're having to go through all this trouble, and especially for having to chase down the problem for three years!

Your problem makes me think I should buy an extended warranty for my '08.

Good luck getting her going again! I hope to see you and her at the Bash.

The cause interests me-- maybe that head was poorly cast on a monday...glad it's almost over and running again.

Omar, did you ever actually see any anti freeze anywhere before you pulled the head off? I am looking for a coolant leak too. I can smell it, and have seen a little on the fairing, but I can't find where it is coming from.

Damn, Bro!

Hope this is the end of your probs.

Keep us posted.

Dear Omar

I'm sorry you're having to go through all this trouble, and especially for having to chase down the problem for three years!

Your problem makes me think I should buy an extended warranty for my '08.

Good luck getting her going again! I hope to see you and her at the Bash.
Thanks, Jaddie. I don't mean to influence your decision one way or the other, but I suspect that even if I had a warranty, their first response would be that it cracked because it overheated...and it would be on me to prove that it didn't (i.e., casting flaw?).

Anyway, I'm just glad that I've found what was most likely causing my frustration...

Omar, did you ever actually see any anti freeze anywhere before you pulled the head off? I am looking for a coolant leak too. I can smell it, and have seen a little on the fairing, but I can't find where it is coming from.
Brian, no - I never 'saw' any coolant. I would frequently smell it upon startup, but then the odor would disappear. This was most likely caused by the initial 'burn' of the coolant in the cylinder.

If you're seeing coolant on the fairing, you may want to carefully check your hoses - especially the overflow hose. Since the overflow hose doesn't really get pressurized, you may just have a crack or hole in it...

Back