rear stands.

slash

Registered
where is the best place to buy a rear spool stand? is there differences in the quality or they all pretty much the same? i see big price variances. are the cheapo ebay ones ok?

any piccs you guys can post of yours so i can get some ideas?

Pit Bull or Redline.

I opted for the forward handle rear stand from Pit Bull. EXCELLENT quality but very difficult to use by myself. If I could do it over, I'd get the rear facing handle.

Many members have great things to say about Redline stands and they are a site sponsor here.

Bottom line, don't save a couple dollars on the only thing between your bike and the ground. One tip will cost WAAAYYY more than any stand on the market.

Best of luck!

PS: There are many threads on this subject and there are pics of bikes on stands all over the site. Do a bit of searching and you should find quite a bit.

i appreciate the reccomendation. i was looking for a little substance as to why thogh. enlighten me.:please:

lol sorry about that, usally i over explain things hehe, well they are very strong and made of good quality. I trust putting my bike on it and not worring about it being droped. we also have the trailer pitbull restraints sp? and I absalutly love them , no hassle with tie downs or straps!!

I got a sweet one from Harbor Freight! $39 and its really VERY sturdy
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the pitbull forward handle:
Will definately outlast anything in your garage. Pricey. Hard to operate. 5'8" at 170 it is about all I can do to lift the bike. The guy lifting th 600 on the website makes it look way easier than it really is to lift the Busa. With that said, this lift will last a lifetime. It could serve commercial duty in a shop and lift bikes all day every day.

I have the Redline:
Will last a long time. Not over engineered. Priced right. Easier to operate than the Pitbull. If I was doing it again I would buy the industrial spool instead of the commercial series. I think the extra handle would make the stand operation even easier.

Last edited:
lol sorry about that, usally i over explain things hehe, well they are very strong and made of good quality. I trust putting my bike on it and not worring about it being droped. we also have the trailer pitbull restraints sp? and I absalutly love them , no hassle with tie downs or straps!!

thanks!!:thumbsup:

I have the pitbull forward handle:
Will definately outlast anything in your garage. Pricey. Hard to operate. 5'8" at 170 it is about all I can do to lift the bike. The guy lifting th 600 on the website makes it look way easier than it really is to lift the Busa. With that said, this lift will last a lifetime. It could serve commercial duty in a shop and lift bikes all day every day.

I have the Redline:
Will last a long time. Not over engineered. Priced right. Easier to operate than the Pitbull. If I was doing it again I would buy the industrial spool instead of the commercial series. I think the extra handle would make the stand operation even easier.

+1,000,000!!!

Looking at the video later on I realized that the buy in the video is working with a smaller, lighter bike. However, before purchasing, I spoke to contacted Pit Bull directly and they said that using the stand on the Hayabusa was no trouble at all. I must respectfully disagree. Without at least one other person there, I can't put the bike up on the stand for fear of tipping it over. Aside from that, it's a great stand and Pit Bull definitely over-engineers the product so that there's no worries in terms of sturdiness.

My vote goes with Redline. I have the industrial rear spool stand from redline and love that it's welded instead of bolted together like the cheap ones.

I can also easily get the bike up on the stand by myself. I use my left hand to center the bike while my right hand places the stand under the spools. Once the stand is placed I put a little pressure on the handle of the stand which supports the bike a 100 percent. I then remove my left hand from the bike and push down on the handle of the stand with both hands to finalize the lift.

Redline Industrial Rear Spool Stand REDLINE ENGINEERING - SPORTBIKE REAR SPOOL STANDS FOR YAMAHA SUZUKI KAWASAKI HONDA : Redline Engineering, Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Kawasaki Hond

redlinestand1.jpg

redlinestand2.jpg

Last edited:
My vote goes with Redline. I have the industrial rear spool stand from redline and love that it's welded instead of bolted together like the cheap ones.

I can also easily get the bike up on the stand by myself. I use my left hand to center the bike while my right hand places the stand under the spools. Once the stand is placed I put a little pressure on the handle of the stand which supports the bike a 100 percent. I then remove my left hand from the bike and push down on the handle of the stand with both hands to finalize the lift.

Redline Industrial Rear Spool Stand REDLINE ENGINEERING - SPORTBIKE REAR SPOOL STANDS FOR YAMAHA SUZUKI KAWASAKI HONDA : Redline Engineering, Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Kawasaki Hond

redlinestand1.jpg

redlinestand2.jpg

winner winner chicken dinner. ordering today...

thanks for the input!!

Last edited:
Wait till you try an unwrap the redline stand....A+ for protection.

:banghead: to get said protection off of stand.

I'll throw my vote for the site sponsors and the Redlines. I purchased front and back and am a happy camper.

And yeah the packaging is fun!

Back