Should I buy a Gen III

Thanks for the tip
Dial in your suspension. I'm a fat ass at 6'3" 240lbs. First I worked on the rear shock which I'm not too heavy for. Fine tuning the preload and rebound. I highly recommend buying one of these to everyone that owns a Gen3 Shock Collar Spanner Wrench 68/87mm - Motion Pro

The front just felt all wrong until I really dove into it. I took out the owners manual and reset everything to factory. Even though my bike was new someone played with the settings. Cranked the prelaod down to 1 1/2 lines showing rebound 6 clicks out and she is so much better leaning in to corners. The front and rear don't feel disjointed anymore. My settings on U1 are TC off PWR1 EB1 LF2 QS1

Celebration Japan GIF by Everise

Dial in your suspension. I'm a fat ass at 6'3" 240lbs. First I worked on the rear shock which I'm not too heavy for. Fine tuning the preload and rebound. I highly recommend buying one of these to everyone that owns a Gen3 Shock Collar Spanner Wrench 68/87mm - Motion Pro

The front just felt all wrong until I really dove into it. I took out the owners manual and reset everything to factory. Even though my bike was new someone played with the settings. Cranked the prelaod down to 1 1/2 lines showing rebound 6 clicks out and she is so much better leaning in to corners. The front and rear don't feel disjointed anymore. My settings on U1 are TC off PWR1 EB1 LF2 QS1
Does the wheel come up on LF2 ?

Moto Mx GIF by Perri's Powersports

My 2023 Hayabusa :-) I took her for a short spin today and she does everything I want her to do, pulls hard down low in the rpm range where I do most of my riding. I still need to get the bike registered but I need to save a grand to pay state sales tax :-( I'm really happy with my decision and I'm looking forward to getting a lot more miles in the saddle to see what the bike can really do. Bar risers, lowered pegs and grip puppies are the only mod's I plan to do and maybe next spring I'll look into aftermarket panniers to give me the option to take her out on a few multi-day trips. I do wish the mirrors were another inch further out so I can get a better view of what's behind me. The mirrors are OK but not as good as the mirrors on other bikes I've owned.

1710438232031.jpeg

1710437715378.jpeg

Last edited:
My 2023 Hayabusa :-) I took her for a short spin today and she does everything I want her to do, pulls hard down low in the rpm range where I do most of my riding. I still need to get the bike registered but I need to save a grand to pay state sales tax :-( I'm really happy with my decision and I'm looking forward to getting a lot more miles in the saddle to see what the bike can really do. Bar risers, lowered pegs and grip puppies are the only mod's I plan to do and maybe next spring I'll look into aftermarket panniers to give me the option to take her out on a few multi-day trips. I do wish the mirrors were another inch further out so I can get a better view of what's behind me. The mirrors are OK but not as good as the mirrors on other bikes I've owned.

View attachment 1680178

View attachment 1680177
Very nice indeed. Congratulations... As I see it is THE Busa Season is coming.

I've never thought of buying a Busa because I was never thrilled with the looks but the Gen III has caught my attention and now I'm thinking of adding one to the stable. I owned a BMW K1300S, 2018 H2SXSE and ZX14R so I'm not new to fast bikes but this would be my first Suzuki so I have a few questions before I pull the trigger.

Are bar risers available or a handlebar kit to give me a more upright riding position?
Peg lowering kit to get a little more leg room?
Aftermarket soft or hard panniers? I do like have some storage capacity
Taller windscreen?
I know insurance rates vary from place to place but what are riders paying? I'm in the northeast just outside of Philadelphia, PA.
What do you like most about the Gen III and least
Any regrets
Any known issues to be aware of?
How many miles do you get per tank?
The bike will be fast enough for me from the factory so I don't have any interest in performance modifications.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all
Within 90 days? This worth a second congrats!

I was thinking of going high tech myself looking at BMWs K1600 SIX. Just didn’t fit me plus the maintenance expenses on it are incredibly high. The 740 pound weight with just 160 ponies also played a part in my decision not to buy. But, if it had spoken to me like the CBXs do and the Hayabusa does, I might’ve taken the plunge. So, ha, instead of modernizing I went the other direction and bought an air cooled 5 speed dinosaur 42 year old six. :laugh:

I was thinking of going high tech myself looking at BMWs K1600 SIX. Just didn’t fit me plus the maintenance expenses on it are incredibly high. The 740 pound weight with just 160 ponies also played a part in my decision not to buy. But, if it had spoken to me like the CBXs do and the Hayabusa does, I might’ve taken the plunge. So, ha, instead of modernizing I went the other direction and bought an air cooled 5 speed dinosaur 42 year old six. :laugh:
I owned 2 K16's a 2014 GT and 2016 GTL and while they are heavy the weight disappears the instant you put the bike in gear and take off. While the HP is only a 160 ponies the torque is 129 lb ft so the K16 really pulls hard and they also handle extremely well for a bike tipping the scales at over 750 lbs. If you want a heavy sport touring bike that almost offers the same performance and handling as a sport bike buy a K16. With that said when I totaled my GTL after an encounter with a deer the weight is one of the reasons I opted not to replace it with another K16. BMW is very liberal with test rides so one day when you time to kill go take one for a spin and you might be surprised.

Back