StreetShark's Hayabusa

200.gif

#Hayabusa ~ #SpokenHere *

Last edited:
I mean I understand you’re poking fun but actually you’re proving my point at the same time. Everything I’ve been doing up until this point has been an effort to strip everything unnecessary out of this bike and make it no frills, all business. It is counterintuitive at that point to add a luxury feature like a trunk popper to my bike. If I’m shaving ounces with carbon, WHY would I add a pound for something I don’t need? I’m not taking my bike to shows or anything and it almost never is just taken out for a cruise anymore so who am I trying to impress with something like that? I need something as basic as I can get to gain access to my storage compartment.

An area where I AM adding weight is with a quad lock/charger. I make a lot of dragy runs and also use my phone as a GoPro remote so I can wear a battery down fast. I made the determination that adding some weight in that situation was a compromise I was willing to accept.

I like the idea of making the Busa lighter. But what is the cost per pound saved per USD.
If it costs $100 to save just one pound the cost will soon add up if replacing parts for lighter ones. But if you can save the pounds by just taking parts off you don't need or want then i'm all for it. I Just said to the wife, if we had the spare money and room it would be something i would like to do to a Gen1, and she was happy for me to do that at some point. I'm not one for wanting more power, But if i could get a Gen1 to the same weight as my zx9r (180kg) then i'm all for it. But trying to find a 40kg saving will be costly.

I like the idea of making the Busa lighter. But what is the cost per pound saved per USD.
If it costs $100 to save just one pound the cost will soon add up if replacing parts for lighter ones. But if you can save the pounds by just taking parts off you don't need or want then i'm all for it. I Just said to the wife, if we had the spare money and room it would be something i would like to do to a Gen1, and she was happy for me to do that at some point. I'm not one for wanting more power, But if i could get a Gen1 to the same weight as my zx9r (180kg) then i'm all for it. But trying to find a 40kg saving will be costly.
Heck, if you look at by the cost, it would scare most people into the night...

The last thing I'd be wanting to ask people like @StreetShark and EJR is the cost factor to get where they are now...

I priced out CF fairings for my bike last fall and almost dropped the laptop when I saw the pricing...that was the end of that for me.

I mean I understand you’re poking fun but actually you’re proving my point at the same time. Everything I’ve been doing up until this point has been an effort to strip everything unnecessary out of this bike and make it no frills, all business. It is counterintuitive at that point to add a luxury feature like a trunk popper to my bike. If I’m shaving ounces with carbon, WHY would I add a pound for something I don’t need? I’m not taking my bike to shows or anything and it almost never is just taken out for a cruise anymore so who am I trying to impress with something like that? I need something as basic as I can get to gain access to my storage compartment.

An area where I AM adding weight is with a quad lock/charger. I make a lot of dragy runs and also use my phone as a GoPro remote so I can wear a battery down fast. I made the determination that adding some weight in that situation was a compromise I was willing to accept.
I wasn't 'poking fun'
I get it.
Why shave all that weight, only to add weight unessacerily?
Why add a useless showy feature?
Not my thing either.

I try to keep things light hearted.
I hate typing lol, or lmao on most of my posts, like a teenage girl.
But I found out years ago, if I didn't at least try to clarify or convey my mood or intentions, or make it clear I wasn't trying to cause problems...somebody Always took it the wrong way...as you did.
My apologies, have a nice day sir.

I wasn't 'poking fun'
I get it.
Why shave all that weight, only to add weight unessacerily?
Why add a useless showy feature?
Not my thing either.

I try to keep things light hearted.
I hate typing lol, or lmao on most of my posts, like a teenage girl.
But I found out years ago, if I didn't at least try to clarify or convey my mood or intentions, or make it clear I wasn't trying to cause problems...somebody Always took it the wrong way...as you did.
My apologies, have a nice day sir.
Honestly I wasn’t really that offended. That’s just the way I perceived what you wrote. I thought you were just kinda joking about me being obsessed with tearing the bike apart. And I really don’t mean anything against Michael for suggesting the idea. For someone, I’m sure that is a cool thing to do. It just doesn’t make sense with what I’m doing. I was just explaining my thought process about it more clearly and sometimes I can come across not so pleasant haha

I've been cranking out these tank brackets for the last couple weeks and they have SOLD OUT. I'm currently taking pre-orders for them as I wait for more materials to come in! I really did not foresee this happening when I started this project for myself a few months ago.

I haven't posted the final product here yet so I thought I would share with you guys.

These save over 1 pound over stock.

I'm selling these under Weapon Plus Performance on Instagram. I know you guys have seen me post about a few other projects I'm currently working on, and I have some I have not talked about publicly currently in the works as well. Right now I'm only working on Hayabusa parts but plan to expand into GSX-R, and hopefully S1000RR and ZX-10 down the road.

IMG_9606.jpg

IMG_9609.jpg

IMG_9612.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

That is very true Bumblebee.
Buying a bit at a time helps. I would never dream of adding up what i have spent on my Gen2 over the last year. I think the wife would string me up by my balls :eek:
:D
Hi. You all may know I do every thing I can to save weigh CF body work Ti chain, Ti clutch pusher, Ti rear shock spring, all Ti or aluminum bolts even plastic bolts, no key switch, a lighter then Ti front axle, aluminum top and bottom triple tree and Ti brake caliper pistons. Now when the turbo and intercooler intake added 60 lbs. If only I could afford to have the turbo made out of Ti carbon fiber and magnesium also the intake, cases block, head and many other parts to I would. Total cost maybe $250,000.00 to $350,000.00 or more. If I could get that kind of F1 money I would do it.

Hi. You all may know I do every thing I can to save weigh CF body work Ti chain, Ti clutch pusher, Ti rear shock spring, all Ti or aluminum bolts even plastic bolts, no key switch, a lighter then Ti front axle, aluminum top and bottom triple tree and Ti brake caliper pistons. Now when the turbo and intercooler intake added 60 lbs. If only I could afford to have the turbo made out of Ti carbon fiber and magnesium also the intake, cases block, head and many other parts to I would. Total cost maybe $250,000.00 to $350,000.00 or more. If I could get that kind of F1 money I would do it.
Hi. I have ordered the CF tank mount for my CF tank from Street Shark. I can afford to have some small custom parts made. If only I could have the motor, frame and more parts made out of Ti, Inconel, AM 162 Aluminum / Baraillum Maytrix and magnesium I would do no matter the cost.

In my opinion, this isn't really a mod someone should go out of their way to do...

I did it because I was going to be swapping over to ceramic bearings, and I figured while I have the wheel apart I might as well lighten it. If you're going at it from that perspective, it's worth it. Don't waste your time and $300-400 for 4 ounces.

They definitely look cool. Even if nobody can see them, I know they're there.

IMG_9649.jpg

IMG_9639.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

but at some point, 4 ounces, and 2 ounces, and 4 more, and on and on is 3 or 4 pounds...I'll take it.
If you have the time to shave all the useless weight; why not?
Exactly. What I mean is, don’t go out of your way to JUST do this mod. If the wheel is taken apart while doing bearings, or if you’re putting together a new set of wheels I think it’s worth it.

In my opinion, this isn't really a mod someone should go out of their way to do...

I did it because I was going to be swapping over to ceramic bearings, and I figured while I have the wheel apart I might as well lighten it. If you're going at it from that perspective, it's worth it. Don't waste your time and $300-400 for 4 ounces.

They definitely look cool. Even if nobody can see them, I know they're there.

View attachment 1647257
View attachment 1647258
View attachment 1647259
Hi. I could NOT pull up the photo from my phone. Are they CF spacers? Or are they drilled aluminum? Or are they drilled CF spacers?

Hi. I could NOT pull up the photo from my phone. Are they CF spacers? Or are they drilled aluminum? Or are they drilled CF spacers?
Drilled OEM aluminum spacers. Now that I do have an extra set, I am going to be exploring making some out of carbon fiber though. I’ve been playing around with that idea for a while and now I see BST is offering it on the GPTeks...

Drilled OEM aluminum spacers. Now that I do have an extra set, I am going to be exploring making some out of carbon fiber though. I’ve been playing around with that idea for a while and now I see BST is offering it on the GPTeks...
Hi. I drilled my aluminum ones. I will be very interested in the CF ones. Drilled too? I will look into more to see what I can find out like how much pressure on the spacers.

Back