StreetShark's Hayabusa

Did you weigh them before and after?
If not, you're fired :poke:
Here’s the deal, I somehow lost my small scale. I tried weighing them on my larger scale and what I found out was that it doesn’t register under 5oz. Which explains why my carbon brackets didn’t register on the scale. I didn’t realize that until now.

So the larger spacer was 5oz to start and the other didn’t register.

I will be picking up a new scale to get smaller weights, and once I swap these spacers for the ones actually on my bike I’ll weigh everything and let you guys know what the numbers are.

Cutting the real deal tank brackets out tomorrow but in the meantime I’m working on another carbon project.

5C1C0A39-7783-4823-82F6-3E230CA3CF3B.jpeg

So are you an engineer, cad guy, designer, or just have the tools and know-how and like to make parts?
I love watching stuff like this.
My dad's a retired engineer, and I love watching him design things in Solid-Works(above my pay-grade, but I can follow along).
Who thinks of drilling spacers and making cf gas tank mounts to save weight?
Nobody I've seen.
Cool stuff.
Keep posting it!

So are you an engineer, cad guy, designer, or just have the tools and know-how and like to make parts?
I love watching stuff like this.
My dad's a retired engineer, and I love watching him design things in Solid-Works(above my pay-grade, but I can follow along).
Who thinks of drilling spacers and making cf gas tank mounts to save weight?
Nobody I've seen.
Cool stuff.
Keep posting it!

Haha, I am just a guy who figures stuff out. I did go to college for graphic design but dropped out. I had a job doing design work that transferred to laser engraving, vinyl, and embroidery. I did that for almost 10 years. I left that job after butting heads with new management and went to one of the big auto parts stores. I’m the manager there now.

I just kind of fool around in illustrator from time to time. I’m not sure if I posted any photos of the cafe racer I’ve been working on on this forum. I started messing with fusion360 and designed some headlight brackets for a 97 GSXR750 front end on a 78 GS425.

I’ve taken a break from working on anything else and have been focusing solely on the busa so I can actually make it what I want. I’m just noticing parts that can be made lighter that nobody is offering so I’m figuring out a way to make them myself.

Haha, I am just a guy who figures stuff out. I did go to college for graphic design but dropped out. I had a job doing design work that transferred to laser engraving, vinyl, and embroidery. I did that for almost 10 years. I left that job after butting heads with new management and went to one of the big auto parts stores. I’m the manager there now.

I just kind of fool around in illustrator from time to time. I’m not sure if I posted any photos of the cafe racer I’ve been working on on this forum. I started messing with fusion360 and designed some headlight brackets for a 97 GSXR750 front end on a 78 GS425.

I’ve taken a break from working on anything else and have been focusing solely on the busa so I can actually make it what I want. I’m just noticing parts that can be made lighter that nobody is offering so I’m figuring out a way to make them myself.
That's so awesome. :)

I'm curious where these fit in?. Looks rearset related.
Yes sir. Carbon rear sets. I’m waiting on a bearing and heim joint and will be testing these on my bike. There is a post on IG that was floating around a few weeks ago of some grudge pegs on a Busa and a few guys sent me the post asking if I could make something like that. So this is my take on that style of peg but with the shifter function like a normal rear set.

So basically sold out all the bracket I made first go around. I went back down to the shop today to cut some more in anticipation of getting some more orders once the first batch goes out.

While I was there I cut some pieces for another idea I've been working on lately.

This piece will be a pull tab to unlatch the trunk. I will be deleting my ignition switch in the spring and would like to not need a key at all. I'm sure some others who have deleted the switch would agree with this.

IMG_9579.jpg

IMG_9581.jpg

I was watching some videos on the new Porsche GT3s and for some reason the door pull stuck out to me this time. Instead of a piece of fabric though, imagine this piece with a small carbon fiber rod sticking through to pull on.

Back