Voting for 99-02 owners only.

Voting for 99-02 owners only. - Reference bad starters.

• I haven't done a thing.

Votes: 36 100.0%
  • I bought some cheap fixes(<$100) before it goes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bought the more expensive fixes(>$100) before it goes.

• The starter blew up on me, had to repair.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no problems with my 01 but NOW it will probably blow up since i said something about it mad.gif

I voted i did nothing cause mine hasn't had a problem even with the bigger bore motor granted i don't have monster compresion i'm only at 12.5:1

Keep your battery fully charged and if you run a TRE, make it a switchable one and turn it off when starting the bike. Mine had a kick-back problem, but only with the tre turned on.I put a switchable one in and the problem was gone. Also if you are running any accessories (HID, led's ) turn them off before starting to keep the battery amps up. 2001 Busa

<!--EDIT|clrwtrbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107616654 -->

I very interested in how many busas have blown the starters vs. the busas that are fine. ?1999-2002 models only!!!&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;If you started to have problems then got them fixed before it blew or planning to fix it before next ride on the bike.  Still vote that it blew up, had to repair.  I want to find out how many have actually had this problem happen and how many or fixing it before any problems start.

&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;!--EDIT|Charlesbusa&lt;br&gt;Reason for Edit: None given...|1100194034 --&gt;
I've heard its only a prob with engine kickback. Supposedly if you keep a good battery in it and keep the battery up its not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back