What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Got in trouble by the wife for playing with the kiddo on the back even though she loves it! Lol
Years and years ago one of my colleagues asked if I could take his 12 yr old son for a ride on one of my bikes so I showed up with my FZR1K.....

Of course the first thing out of the kid's mouth when we got back was "dad you should have seen how high the front tire was off the ground." all the dad said was "so you had a good ride then?"
Hard to believe that kid is in his 40's now.....and all his kids have dirtbkes including his wife.....

He still remembers that ride on my bike though.

I am.starting with water, but only with shower, so no pressure washer. Then rim cleaner for rims, bug removal for bug heavy areas, and overlaying these with Muc-off bike cleaner, doing in shade. Waiting for a bit, one or tow minutes than starting the agitation with a microfiber towel, carefully one side with webbing on bug heavy areas, then on the other areas with the microfiber part of the sponge. Then carefully showering down each part. After the rinse I am going through the whole bike with a special towel to dry, then air pressuring all bits to remove water from holes and tricky parts. After that drying with towel. When this is done, going through from top down with full heavy layer of professional silicon. I am first evenly spreading the silicon through the area with microfibre cloth, then with a new one removing the surplus, then after a while buffing with a third one. After this special treatment for the areas with chain wax spread, and rims and brakes, etc. After the whole I give it a good hour to dry, then push the bike back into the garage and turn on the A/C to remove the humid air to complete dry.
Thanks for the info...I might have to try the silicone and something for the bugs..been using the

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic ..I like it but there's always room to make it shiny without chrome lol​

1000009035.jpg

1000009036.jpg

Installed a vortex keyless gascap and swapped some engine bolts out for black titanium bolts.

My goodness, that’s not a bike but a mirror. Well done, you do that thoroughly. I do it the same way you do it.
I also like a shiny bike but hate cleaning. That's why I try to skip it as little as possible, because that only gives you more work afterwards. In addition, a clean motorcycle is less likely to absorb dirt. But dust even more so.

1000009036.jpg

Installed a vortex keyless gascap and swapped some engine bolts out for black titanium bolts.

So that's what a working sight glass looks like...:whistle: LMAO
IDK why, but I almost never see the fluid in mine...take off the top, remove the baffle and it's full...probably going to do a rebuild on the M/C this year just for the rubber boot on the plunger bit that's attached to the lever.
thumbnail_20240710_071013.jpg

So that's what a working sight glass looks like...:whistle: LMAO
IDK why, but I almost never see the fluid in mine...take off the top, remove the baffle and it's full...probably going to do a rebuild on the M/C this year just for the rubber boot on the plunger bit that's attached to the lever.
View attachment 1685345

You'll be suprised what a fluid change can do for lever feel too.

I have braided brake steel brake and clutch lines ready to go on, but waiting until my rearsets show up then going to do new chain and sprocket, brake lines, and rearsets and have the carbon swingarm cover put on. Also hoping to get carbon wheels and have the galfer rotors, titanium rotor bolts, and new tires ready to go. Gonna try a 200/55 rear tire.

Ordered OEM oil hose, CCT spring, crush washers, and intake tube foam through Babbitts. Ordering clutch master&slave rebuild kit (brakecrafters) and radiator hose kit (AS3) after I have 4wheels again...I'd rather not dive into those kind of repairs when this is my only mode of transportation.

Last edited:
Took it off rear stand for a ride and boom. Flat tire. Only have 500 miles on it maybe.

View attachment 1685938

Fix it. That looks like one piece curled around to make two holes. I’ve repaired five holes in rear tires, one with two nails about an inch part. All of them were ridden until their tread wore out. Tim (Pashnit) has also repaired many but he uses a plug vs what I use, those short, fat sticky orange worms. Both work quite well. Tire prices are way too high, always have been but I used to think they would go down once there were millions of us out riding but, no. Tell us how it went. BTW have everything ready to go and then inflate the tire to 45+ psi. It’s way easier to plug a flat when it isn’t.

Oh yeah, where are you? :)

Fix it. That looks like one piece curled around to make two holes. I’ve repaired five holes in rear tires, one with two nails about an inch part. All of them were ridden until their tread wore out. Tim (Pashnit) has also repaired many but he uses a plug vs what I use, those short, fat sticky orange worms. Both work quite well. Tire prices are way too high, always have been but I used to think they would go down once there were millions of us out riding but, no. Tell us how it went. BTW have everything ready to go and then inflate the tire to 45+ psi. It’s way easier to plug a flat when it isn’t.

Oh yeah, where are you? :)
I'm in missouri. Took the other bike to the bike night and picked up a patch kit while there. I have a new set of tires ready to go on carbon wheels (as soon a I buy them) so this just sped up my timeline. I'll order them Monday. Have a big bundle of parts ready to go on the bike.

Back