What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

New oil and hose! Made it home seconds before downpour...everything but the CCT spring showed up so I'll have to do it next oil change.
1000002950.jpg

Any advice on a new oil plug? Noticed mine is marred up new the base :confused:no leaks yet

Well, so much for that...came out this morning to see oil drops from the plug. I'll re-drain the oil into a clean pan, but what's the consensus? crush washer, rubber washer or bare bolt?

Suzuki crush washer.
They're made from some cheap aluminum, tin, or pot metal, which is fine, as they are meant to crush and seal any leaks.
The smaller diameter goes against the oil pan too, so it crushes into the opening of the threads.
If you put the large diameter against the pan, the crushing serves no purpose, and you might as well use a flat washer.
Some oil pan threads and drain bolts seal better than others, just based on the variations in small tolerances/sizes, and thread lead-ins.

Put the engine in the back of a rental (I need tires on my truck) and drove down to Powerhouse in NY. Delivered and talked to Frank about what I needed. Then drove back home. I hate the entire state of Connecticut. Sat in traffic for hours for construction. The whole way up 95 was a giant construction zone...rant over...

I started fitting my parts, did the tank protector pad, I YouTubed and saw the string-line and masking tape method and used that. Straight as a die, whatever the hell that means lol. Next is the el-cheapo oem replacement footpegs, I hope they don't break off in flight!

The tank had the original 3 warning stickers on them, suddenly they looked so out of place I got the heat gun out and pulled them. Bit of a job, they were baked on after 12 years and I needed turps to get the residue of glue off. I have a shelf with turpentine, kerosene, metho, toluene (nasty stuff that, will melt plastic) thinners (acrylic and enamel ) and isopropyl alcohol and some different sprays. You never know what these glues are based on, one will strip it straight off and the others will turn it into a gooey mess, or simply not touch it.

Did the sidestand mod finally. A bit rough but good enough for government work.

mod-01.jpg

mod-02.jpg

mod-03.jpg

Lean looks about right, a bit more if anything. Was a Bitch to get up on the track stand, I think I need a HD one.
I carry a metal saucer under the seat to put under the stand when on sketchy ground. I had the RR go over on what I though was solid grassy ground once. A week after I bought it (Angry as F*#k emoji)

mod-05.jpg

Didn't get a picture but added a carbon fiber chain guard yesterday, and made my appointment with the shop for Sept 3rd. Will drop her off for:
BST Carbon Wheels, Galfer Wave rotors front and rear, Brembo RCS master Clutch and Brake, Carbon Fiber Fluid Reservoirs for both sides, New Brembo Calipers front and rear, Braided Steel brake lines, Gilles Rearsets, and Magical Racing Swingarm Covers. This should finish her off for the mostpart as far as cosmetics aside from Maybe doing the Carbon Fiber Tank cover.

Didn't get a picture but added a carbon fiber chain guard yesterday, and made my appointment with the shop for Sept 3rd. Will drop her off for:
BST Carbon Wheels, Galfer Wave rotors front and rear, Brembo RCS master Clutch and Brake, Carbon Fiber Fluid Reservoirs for both sides, New Brembo Calipers front and rear, Braided Steel brake lines, Gilles Rearsets, and Magical Racing Swingarm Covers. This should finish her off for the mostpart as far as cosmetics aside from Maybe doing the Carbon Fiber Tank cover.
Not fooling around are you?

It's going to be pretty awesome coming out of that shop....

Those are the fun jobs to do!
Sure beats basic repairs and overdue maintenance...someone is going to have a good day at work!

I'm going to gently rinse the bugs off the radiator and fit this. It's the hi-end one but I don't like the method of attachment? Q-straps? Time will tell I suppose. Light as a feather Titanium.

View attachment 1686554

Can you buy stainless steel zip-ties/Q-straps locally there?
Or just use stainless steel tie-wire through the radiator.
And, if you have this dish cleaning spray there, it works excellent as a degreaser.
But most any mild degreaser sprayed on the radiator, let it soak, then some more and scrub with a toothbrush, does a great job getting the grime off without damaging the radiator fins.

Back