What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I'm going to gently rinse the bugs off the radiator and fit this. It's the hi-end one but I don't like the method of attachment? Q-straps? Time will tell I suppose. Light as a feather Titanium.

View attachment 1686554
My gen2 had a similar guard installed with zip ties for many years and I just transferred it over to my gen3 and used the zip ties again. No concerns whatsoever. Those plastic ties will never even see direct sunlight.

Can you buy stainless steel zip-ties/Q-straps locally there?
Or just use stainless steel tie-wire through the radiator.
And, if you have this dish cleaning spray there, it works excellent as a degreaser.
But most any mild degreaser sprayed on the radiator, let it soak, then some more and scrub with a toothbrush, does a great job getting the grime off without damaging the radiator fins.
Interesting thought... After what @mabupa said I wasn't too concerned but I have some nice SS wire here so I'll look at doing a loop as a backup. I have a brush that's super soft and will use it to loosen any bits that won't come out naturally. Soaking over a few hours sounds like a great idea! I'll just use dishwashing liquid, it's only bugs. Lotz of Bugs round here

My gen2 had a similar guard installed with zip ties for many years and I just transferred it over to my gen3 and used the zip ties again. No concerns whatsoever. Those plastic ties will never even see direct sunlight.
Reassuring. Thanks for chiming in.

Interesting thought... After what @mabupa said I wasn't too concerned but I have some nice SS wire here so I'll look at doing a loop as a backup. I have a brush that's super soft and will use it to loosen any bits that won't come out naturally. Soaking over a few hours sounds like a great idea! I'll just use dishwashing liquid, it's only bugs. Lotz of Bugs round here
Wouldn’t there be concerns of those stainless straps being made of harder harder metal @sixpack577 and rubbing a hole in it?

Wouldn’t there be concerns of those stainless straps being made of harder harder metal @sixpack577 and rubbing a hole in it?

Not if they are tight, but anything loose will rub, vibrate and cause some type of damage, even if it's just cosmetic.
I have seen plastic zip-ties damage paint and plastic many times.
And, most radiator guards are held on by stainless steel tie wire anyway.
That wire would quickly chew through the aluminum radiator fins if it wasn't tight, but I have yet(yet), to see loose tie wire on a radiator guard(but I'm sure someone has done it).

And, most radiator guards are held on by stainless steel tie wire anyway.
That wire would quickly chew through the aluminum radiator fins if it wasn't tight
I'm sure my last one was held on by bolts? I had to undo some mounts top and bottom of the radiator from memory. I went to install it this morning and I can't see any attachment points, do I have to pull off the inner plastic shroud first? Please explain it to me like I was me like I was 5yo. @mabupa ?

I'm sure my last one was held on by bolts? I had to undo some mounts top and bottom of the radiator from memory. I went to install it this morning and I can't see any attachment points, do I have to pull off the inner plastic shroud first? Please explain it to me like I was me like I was 5yo. @mabupa ?
Mine required the bolt between the radiator and oil cooler to come off so the oil cooler guard could be installed but, the radiator guard just required zip ties and foam squatters with double sided tape so it doesn’t rub on the radiator

Red loctite in small hard pieces...gotta find a new bolt today! Any issue with the discoloration on the bottom copper wire?
1000003102.jpg

Lucky you caught if before it tore up your case...

Did you loosen the bolts or were they like this when you took off the case?
That's how they were when I took it off :crazy:
The bottom left was on by a 1/4 turn, but the other 2 were completely out. Little chunks of red loctite left here and there

Thank God I heard now and not 20miles later on the interstate.

No Red Loc-Tite!!!
That is permanent, and you will not have any fun if you ever have to remove those bolts again...even if you think that you won't have to.
That's why I used red the first time! :lol:
M6x35mm 1.00 pitch if anyone needs to go hunting at hardware store for a $.96 bolt. Coated the bolts in blue and tightened them suckers down. Crush washers and new oil pan bolt came in while I was at work so I guess it all worked out. Headed home in a few hours to pop all this back on and put some new oil in...AGAIN

Back