What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

I did the Genuine Suzuki DB, the wind is better (less wind) but I didn’t know it was clear which I prefer light smoke and it list for $379. I think I paid $329. New off eBay so they are expensive. It looks good and works good but I think I’m going with ZG touring.

View attachment 1650543

View attachment 1650544
I think this photo shows the windscreen better, it’s hard to see them when I’m attaching

EFDE2DEC-F936-42AE-BAA3-BBA9B32EAE5C.jpeg

Even more than I expected, actually the screen I wanted on a white. He happen to relay any feedback on how well it works vs stock screen?

Geez it's hard, I like the design but I think dark smoke may be more up my alley.

I see a New Image seat mod, I think I'm looking more forward to getting mine done than anything, lol. Is that wave rotors on the front?
The windshield is mounted but he hasent ride it because the bike its on modification mode the wave rotor is from a gen 2 and the Marvic wheels too

The windshield is mounted but he hasent ride it because the bike its on modification mode the wave rotor is from a gen 2 and the Marvic wheels too

Thanks for the info, if you think about it I'd love to hear feedback. I went to go purchase it in smoke last night only to realize the low profile DB are actually shorter than stock. I just assumed all ZG windscreens would be taller so now unsure what I want to get, lol.

I did the Genuine Suzuki DB, the wind is better (less wind) but I didn’t know it was clear which I prefer light smoke and it list for $379. I think I paid $329. New off eBay so they are expensive. It looks good and works good but I think I’m going with ZG touring.

View attachment 1650543

View attachment 1650544
Wow, $329 or $379 is a lot for a windscreen. It's nice that it has the Hayabusa logo on it, but at less than half that price I'll go with one of the aftermarket (ZG in my case) ones and use the extra for other accessories.

To afford his new windscreen he sold me this just a couple days ago !. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1650546
I have used this same trailer on my Gen 1 for 10 years. I sold the Gen 1 and now have the Gen 3 and Juan at Third Wheel Trailers made me a new axle connector for the trailer. Trouble is that the stock cans are so large and low that there isn't enough clearance for the trailer arms to connect at the rear axle. I think my only option now is to get a smaller set of mufflers that mount higher up and away from the rear axle.

Your pic doesn't show the trailer mount arm -- is it the sport bike or the standard cruiser trailer mount?

I have used this same trailer on my Gen 1 for 10 years. I sold the Gen 1 and now have the Gen 3 and Juan at Third Wheel Trailers made me a new axle connector for the trailer. Trouble is that the stock cans are so large and low that there isn't enough clearance for the trailer arms to connect at the rear axle. I think my only option now is to get a smaller set of mufflers that mount higher up and away from the rear axle.

Your pic doesn't show the trailer mount arm -- is it the sport bike or the standard cruiser trailer mount?
M4 slip one with the Yoshimura pipe covers might give you the clearance you need.

I just got back from Canada, Deano, Wolfman, came down and met me and we had a little trouble with the paperwork but Mr. Wall got us all squared away, I believe.

They haven't called me back and asked me to drive all the way back up there. Looking forward to picking up a tire today, then I'm going to build everything together, detail everything, and I also got a new an improved wheel so I may be doing some painting on the unit and the wheel as well.

Yes I have the sport bike attachment yolk. Which means I can use the spools on either bike. I've spent a lot of time in between getting the plastics painted on the new bike to take advantage of wiring both bikes so I have connectors on both swing arms.

i've been waiting on this trailer for over two years. Dean and I were talking about it before the pandemic and then I just couldn't get across the border.

Heck, I just noticed something. My friend's ZX 14 yolk fit on the rear stand spools. Looks like this one has an axle set of spools. I need to contact Juan, and order one of those with a couple of other things.

3ECF5CE5-189D-4365-B940-9B1F32FCE9FD.jpeg

DEB46756-8128-44DA-99A0-11414AD0AF7E.jpeg

CF4CB728-7311-4B9A-9194-97D621EA8CCB.jpeg

I just got back from Canada, Deano, Wolfman, came down and met me and we had a little trouble with the paperwork but Mr. Wall got us all squared away, I believe.

They haven't called me back and asked me to drive all the way back up there. Looking forward to picking up a tire today, then I'm going to build everything together, detail everything, and I also got a new an improved wheel so I may be doing some painting on the unit and the wheel as well.

Yes I have the sport bike attachment yolk. Which means I can use the spools on either bike. I've spent a lot of time in between getting the plastics painted on the new bike to take advantage of wiring both bikes so I have connectors on both swing arms.

i've been waiting on this trailer for over two years. Dean and I were talking about it before the pandemic and then I just couldn't get across the border.

View attachment 1650555

View attachment 1650556

View attachment 1650557
My brother pulls a trailer with his Beemer RT....he absolutely loves it.

When he bought it the owner couldn't find a part of the harness for the trailer lights so my brother made his own..

Years later the old owner was selling his RT and my bother and I just happened to be visiting him and we looked it over....the seat was off and I noticed a harness with an empty plug peeking under the rear seat..it turns out that was the light harness for the trailer...

...just a fun "feel good" story as we got the harness..

Wow, $329 or $379 is a lot for a windscreen. It's nice that it has the Hayabusa logo on it, but at less than half that price I'll go with one of the aftermarket (ZG in my case) ones and use the extra for other accessories.
For sure, I wish I had of gone ZG in the first place but I called Rev Zillo

M4 slip one with the Yoshimura pipe covers might give you the clearance you need.

Heck, I just noticed something. My friend's ZX 14 yolk fit on the rear stand spools. Looks like this one has an axle set of spools. I need to contact Juan, and order one of those with a couple of other things.

10492984_10152491889851210_2559155601703843771_o.jpg

This was taken in 2014. If you zoom in you'll see the connection at the rear axle. There's a steel rod that goes through the rear wheel hub with spacers that keep it from contacting the hub.

Using the rear stand spools would be a VERY BAD idea! Those spools are only M8 bolts (I think) and surely aren't meant to pull a fully loaded trailer. The dynamic load would eventually shear those bolts off!

View attachment 1650572
This was taken in 2014. If you zoom in you'll see the connection at the rear axle. There's a steel rod that goes through the rear wheel hub with spacers that keep it from contacting the hub.

Using the rear stand spools would be a VERY BAD idea! Those spools are only M8 bolts (I think) and surely aren't meant to pull a fully loaded trailer. The dynamic load would eventually shear those bolts off!
Deano and I were talking, and I had it wrong.

Back