What is your profession ?

That's ridiculous...classic example of what's wrong with this country.
I bet the city and county leaders were sure to get their raises, and raise everyone's taxes.
Meanwhile screw the first responders.
All in favor, say aye...done.
What a shame.
Sounds like you need to go a completely different route.
Look into manufacturing and the trades, they are sinking too, for a lack of people with common sense.
You should be able to start out at alot more than you're making just based on your current skill set.
And you are right, God will get you to where you need to be.
+1

Been a mechanic since I was 16 years old, in a shop for a living. Started out helping my dad who was a rural carrier, so his truck was his job. Then went to doing diesel fuel injection in the late 80’s for the next 20 years for the same small shop. Finally decided I wanted health insurance, vacation and more pay, so I wrench for the DOD now as a civilian.

Right this minute, in the middle of designing a kitchen for a new home, for a crazy lady who wants cabinets all the way up to 12' ceilings.

Retirement hobby, became a business, we do a bunch of design, supply and install.

Before that, automotive apprentice - soldier - college - automotive engineer Mercedes - VP high speed consumer food bottling and canning global - retirement.

Kitchen 1.png

Right this minute, in the middle of designing a kitchen for a new home, for a crazy lady who wants cabinets all the way up to 12' ceilings.

Retirement hobby, became a business, we do a bunch of design, supply and install.

Before that, automotive apprentice - soldier - college - automotive engineer Mercedes - VP high speed consumer food bottling and canning global - retirement.

View attachment 1686584

it just needs a rolling library ladder now
lol

I started my life as a Cisco certified networking associate (CCNA) moving in to get my CCNP (Networking Professional) I used to install large scale networks in corporate buildings.
I got bored and started a Managed Services business (Handles phone,internet,cctv and access control) until the recession and companies cut back.
Got into the Automotive diagnostics field and after 3 years as a diagnostician I was offered a job as an Operations Manager at a large scale fleet maintenance and repair facility. I now am Director of Operations and I oversee the Operations of 3 shops across the island.
We handle large fleets such as Long Island Rail Road, and Lufthansa Service Group Sky Chefs (yes their parent company is Lufthansa). They cater to many of the large airlines.
Lots of stress at my job lol. The oRg is my sanity!

View attachment 1593969

View attachment 1593970

View attachment 1593971

View attachment 1593972
Sort of dream life to me, whats up these days?

I do component level troubleshooting on airborne radars systems that go into fighter jets. The air force breaks them and I try to figure out how to fix it. Sounds way harder than it is. I normally spend most of my time watching motorcycle reviews on YouTube. I may have to start working some overtime because I saw a couple videos on the BMW S1000XR and I now want one. I think it will fit in nicely between the Hayabusa and Goldwing.

Back