Who Rode Today?

when u forget to open fuel shut off valve and are in the middle of a turn with a mini bike

5324C3BD-3842-421E-9261-72503F45918A.jpeg

Great shots once again Nath, forgive my ignorance but which dam is that?
Benmore?
So how did the flashed ecu work out?
What was actually changed in the flash process?
That's Clyde dam :) Rode thru Alexandra, Roxburgh, Moa Flat , Gore and at Waimumu now , 5deg C...
The flash worked out well, with the full exhaust there where a couple of holes in delivery, also had very abrupt engine braking and on/off throttle feel, it made it hard feathering throttle around hills and while two up this became really annoying.
Now I have precise control , the map loaded sorted decel issues and gave a stronger throttle response and no lag or holes, Touring mode is usable now as in twist throttle will do something lol ,fan comes on now at 100deg off at 95, o2s are unplugged and disabled in ECU.
Haven't noticed bugger all in extra fuel usage I'm guessing theres extra fuel added into decel maps to stop the harsh engine brake.
490 bux worth....if I want anything changed now on it's $50 .

Last weekend.. We did a ride around our state. 3 days 1400kms +/-
Up north and then into the high country, before the snow comes. Beautiful weekend, avg about 25c every day.

After many, many upgrades and dollars and time:
  • New Akrapovic full system is killer. It's a thing of beauty
  • Light weight wheels
  • race spec rear shock
  • Upgraded front forks
  • P&P head with new cams (as well as +2 on rear)
  • Brembo masters
  • quickshifter
  • Saddlemen seat - way better than the Corbin I had
  • Much Ti bolts and fasteners.
Was really looking forward to giving the bike a good thrashing. Ended up blowing a LH fork seal at the start of the 2nd day. Had fork oil everywhere - LH brake caliper covered in oil, rims and bike. Put a dampener on the weekends fun. Thought about calling a tow, but we ramped up settings on the good RH fork, stopped every now and then to wipe down the wheel and bottom fork leg, and finished the ride using rear brake. Not as much fun, a little bit clenching of the 'ol bottom at times, but made it home ok.

This was the last run after we noticed the oil leak and I decided that this was the last fun I was going to have for the weekend. Wiped it down as much as possible, warmed up the rear brake, said a few prayers and slowed down a wee bit. Relying on engine braking and gear changes rather than more brake.
(it's my first attempt at Gopro'ing and editing footage - had a wired mike under the tail to try and get exhaust, but ended up more engine)

Got home and now she's waiting on the shop to do their thing.
IMG-20210313-WA0017.jpeg

Back