Who's faster in the twisties? Sports Car or Motorcycle

LOL at comparing a F1 car to ANYTHING.

I'd rather you compare your moto GP bike to a GT1 or GT2 corvette lap time. its on the ultra high end of a door slammer race car and I believe they race on the same tracks? That's about as real of a comparison as you will get to both without entering into comparing lap times of the prototype class Le Mans cars.

I thinks it was top gear that tested the fastest cop cars in the USA . At the ended the winner which was a corvette had to chase a bike and according to the test the car won. But, that was on the streets not on a track.

Remember when I originally posted I was talking about a typical sports bike and a common sports care like a corvette, mustang, or camaro on a street or track. I truly think unless the sportbike rider has unusual skill, the car would win.

Remember when I originally posted I was talking about a typical sports bike and a common sports care like a corvette, mustang, or camaro on a street or track. I truly think unless the sportbike rider has unusual skill, the car would win.

Tough call on a street bike to a street car. I'd say a C6Z06 and a 1000cc bike would be a great race and would fall mostly depending on the track layout. Assuming the rider is fairly experienced with pushing the 1000cc bike to it's limit, I'd still lean towards the bike....I think?! Late braking and acceleration speed would be so hard to compete with i would think in a street car, even one with as much going for it as a C6Z

My dream car is a 2003 50th anniv Z06. Want it in blue with the gunmetal wheels. 405HP is enough for me. One day I will own one!

Here's the deal imho. Most of us can afford a decent car, not a great car, just a decent car. However, what we can afford is a fantastic bike. Most of the cars on the roads that we encounter are consumer cars, not detuned race cars. Our bikes are a different story, in some cases being very close to GP bikes. We can play God to almost any car we happen to encouter on the road. If we could all afford slightly detuned F1 cars we'd all have very different opinions on who's quicker. They would kill us on most any road condition you could dream up. We'd get them on the short drag, if we were turbo'd, other than that, sorry, not even close. Here's the good news. We didn't spend enough on our bikes to even pay for a set of F1 brakes.

Here's the deal imho. Most of us can afford a decent car, not a great car, just a decent car. However, what we can afford is a fantastic bike. Most of the cars on the roads that we encounter are consumer cars, not detuned race cars. Our bikes are a different story, in some cases being very close to GP bikes. We can play God to almost any car we happen to encouter on the road. If we could all afford slightly detuned F1 cars we'd all have very different opinions on who's quicker. They would kill us on most any road condition you could dream up. We'd get them on the short drag, if we were turbo'd, other than that, sorry, not even close. Here's the good news. We didn't spend enough on our bikes to even pay for a set of F1 brakes.

The comments above make the point: You must specify which car and which bike for starters. And, IMHO, you'd also need to specify the track, the level of driver skill, what mods are involved, weather, etc. Until the variables are nailed down, the question is too broad to be answered without qualification. This is exactly why racing requires rules that govern everything from where the races are held all the way down to what type of vehicle and what specific mods are allowed.

Finally something I can actually speak to...

Qualifications:
1) 2005 Hayabusa (mostly stock)
2) 2003 Porsche Boxster S
3) 2005 Corvette
4) 2007 Mustang GT (wife's car)
5) Driven just about every road course in the US at speed in everything from rental caprices to lamborghini murcielagos
6) My bike and I are one when we're together and we like twisties

The eternal question of who would win comes down to the variables in either side of the equation.
Let's go with what we know

Location: Silverado Trail in Napa (Silverado Trail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Conditions: Friday morning, no traffic
Weather: Sunny, 80F

Hayabusa vs. Boxster S
Hayabusa wins. This road rewards quick acceleration and deceleration. You don't meander through this route, you gun it, brake it, turn it, gun it, do it all again and again. The Porsche is a momentum machine. It doesn't accelerate like a busa and does better in long sweepers where you don't need to shut it down to 10mph to make the turn.

Hayabusa vs. Corvette
Corvette wins. Same reasons the Busa won above only the corvette brakes harder than the busa and lets the rear slip away slightly when the computer is in "competitive driving mode" letting the driver take the turns a little faster.

Hayabusa vs. Mustang GT
The fat pig of a mustang can barely turn out of the driveway much less on a twisty road. It loses on so many levels. (Wife loves it, I can't stand it)

And to be honest, if it's raining. Car wins everytime. And if I'm carrying groceries home, car wins again.

And my final point, price. The Busa costs less than any halfway-decent real sports car (your turbo VW bug is not a sports car). That alone is worth a win IMO.

Finally something I can actually speak to...

Qualifications:
1) 2005 Hayabusa (mostly stock)
2) 2003 Porsche Boxster S
3) 2005 Corvette
4) 2007 Mustang GT (wife's car)
5) Driven just about every road course in the US at speed in everything from rental caprices to lamborghini murcielagos
6) My bike and I are one when we're together and we like twisties

The eternal question of who would win comes down to the variables in either side of the equation.
Let's go with what we know

Location: Silverado Trail in Napa (Silverado Trail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Conditions: Friday morning, no traffic
Weather: Sunny, 80F

Hayabusa vs. Boxster S
Hayabusa wins. This road rewards quick acceleration and deceleration. You don't meander through this route, you gun it, brake it, turn it, gun it, do it all again and again. The Porsche is a momentum machine. It doesn't accelerate like a busa and does better in long sweepers where you don't need to shut it down to 10mph to make the turn.

Hayabusa vs. Corvette
Corvette wins. Same reasons the Busa won above only the corvette brakes harder than the busa and lets the rear slip away slightly when the computer is in "competitive driving mode" letting the driver take the turns a little faster.

Hayabusa vs. Mustang GT
The fat pig of a mustang can barely turn out of the driveway much less on a twisty road. It loses on so many levels. (Wife loves it, I can't stand it)

And to be honest, if it's raining. Car wins everytime. And if I'm carrying groceries home, car wins again.

And my final point, price. The Busa costs less than any halfway-decent real sports car (your turbo VW bug is not a sports car). That alone is worth a win IMO.

Excellent post! :thumbsup::beerchug:

Back