Any news on a decent aluminum subframe for Gen3?

That is for a Gen1
99-20, but they all have the same bolt pattern to the frame. the seat and taillights tabs are in a different spot they they can be moved. the latch for the rear hump is the part. for racing you won’t use all the tabs anyways such as getting rid of passenger pegs.

IMG_1166.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

I’m under the impression DME will make you one but that’s based on my conversations with Brandi.

Money talks to if call and ask if they will fabricate you one and are willing to mail your subframe. They will make it.

Same with a front rack. Unit 5 will make one but I’d have to mail mine to them. That’s per RJ at 1 Stop Speed.
I know someone who’s ordered a Gen 3 subframe and they’re still waiting 6mo later

I ordered a swingarm from them and it’s still sitting on my garage floor months later!!

I’m so lazy that if I was paying myself to do that work I’d probably start a thread on here and say how little time I spend in my garage.

RCC even started a turbo build and I’m still not done…

That JL designs is a (very nice) grudge piece.

4 minute mark TPS Chris said he’s broken the JL subframe no less than 4 times. I wouldn’t run that on the street and have only seen one video of TPS street riding his bike.

I wouldn’t trust it to hold up a bunch of street parts, plug/play ecu, and a battery. Just call DME and say you want to pay them to build one for you.

Back