Any news on a decent aluminum subframe for Gen3?

I have great news Gen3 aluminum subframe oem fitment is here!!!

View attachment 1669489

Screenshot_20230813_145250_Chrome.jpg

That looks like the stock replacement that DME sells. I’d buy that one.

Let us know when you figure out the cost plus shipping. :)
Hi i already purchased one im wayting for it to get done and arrive the price is $700 and the shipping depends where you live. If you want send them an email to get the shipping quote they have a great costumer service. I hope this information can help!!!

Well i just called the credit card to cancel the order first the order was supposed to take 3 to 4 weeks and i plased the order in august 9 we are in october 1 and the order hasent been ready neather i have any good news from them only that it was almost ready on september 13 i just cant wait no more ill see if DME will make them later on.

So this is going to be unpopular opinion.
Im about to go to a JL Design Gen 2 6 over subframe with a Montgomery full carbon +6 tail. I really want to drop the bike another .5" for high speed stuff and the stock tail just wont let me do it safely. (the subframe in total would weigh under 5 lbs too)

So this is going to be unpopular opinion.
Im about to go to a JL Design Gen 2 6 over subframe with a Montgomery full carbon +6 tail. I really want to drop the bike another .5" for high speed stuff and the stock tail just wont let me do it safely. (the subframe in total would weigh under 5 lbs too)
They dont make the Gen 3 subframe?

They announced it would be ready in 3ish weeks, 2 months ago. As far as I know no one makes a +4 or +6 Gen 3 tail yet either. Catalyst has a +21 and stock.

I do like the look of the Gen 2 tail with Gen 3 front fairings though. And the full carbon tail will match the Catalyst carbon fairings once I snag those up too

Hi all.

Just fyi.

I modified a gen1 aluminium subframe and fitted it to my gen2. This saved me 2.78kg, so quite a good value upgrade.

The fact it's aluminium isn't the problem. It's a poop design without diagonal bracing to transfer vertical loads properly. I haven't bothered, but a simple aluminium strap welded into place from the top mounts down to the bottom rail, out about 6" would fix that issue straight away and very easily.

I wouldn't hesitate to modify one for the gen3 if you were equipped to do so.

I’m in a pre order list for a carbon subframe that should be here in January. They’re in production now

JL Designs also has a Gen 3 replacement subframe available from what I understand.
Ill verify JL the carbon one is oem fitment? thank you

Back