Gen3 Calder wave rotors

I'm sure that MotoGP figured out the best metal rotor and pad materials, before they went to carbon/ceramic/composite rotors(which are of course $$, and not readily available).
So it would be interesting to see that data, and compare to metal aftermarket rotors and pads.
Ductile iron are available, and with impressive results.
As we know, aftermarket MC's and calipers really help improve stopping, ss lines give great feel, and rotors save weight, but the single best and cheapest way to improve stopping is as simple as a pad change.
Carbon ceramic pads like Ebc's Extreme Pro(I finally found them for the '18 gsxr at Schintz Racing) make a dramatic improvement in shortening stops.
I have ran them on gsxrs and my gen2, highly recommended.

You’re disregarding the study of metallurgy.

Upgraded rotors aren’t just for looks nor is weight the only factor of a high quality rotor. If different pad material bites better or worse, wouldn’t different rotor material have an influence as well?
Thanks

Ok here is the photo just mounted as you asked for Galfer front disc for Hayabusa Gen3

IMG_20230204_183314_120.jpg

Skip Chance rear gen 3 cut rotor... First gen 3 they did

View attachment 1663418

It does look cool, and the front brakes provide the majority of the stopping power, but that doesn't look very efficient.
That there isn't enough surface material for a good bite, regardless of high rpm, that it would be more prone to warp, and to scallop the pads.
It'll be interesting to see how the rotor and pads hold up.
No disrespect intended.

Back