Gen3 Calder wave rotors

Its a new bike for street use my choise is to have them all 3 mounted same brand i would never take of the rear disc is not my style but thanks for the opinion.

That’s what I figured so have your OEM one sent off and lazer cut.
Hi. My rear rotor

20221112_162529.jpg

Who did your rear rotor for you?

I'm going to order the galfer, I think I read they save 1lb per side that's a lot rotating
Hi. It was made for me by DME. it is for a Gen1. When they get the info they will make them for a Gem 3. As I will call them on Monday and find out when they will be making them for the Gen 3. I am looking it to having them make me front rotors.

Hi. It was made for me by DME. it is for a Gen1. When they get the info they will make them for a Gem 3. As I will call them on Monday and find out when they will be making them for the Gen 3. I am looking it to having them make me front rotors.
Hi. I called they will be making the rear rotors a some point in time. You can send in your front and rear rotors and they will cut them. Just look up DME Racing.

What would be a good reason to make the front rotors and do not make the rear one? I dont find a real good answer in my mind

Well i dont think so because the main reason for someone to change the oems it has to be stoping power
Maybe I should have said very little gain.

I agree but 60-80% of stopping power is via front breaks so depending on bike, rider, weight, ABS, and road surface…might be a very small gain for the rear is my guess?

Well i dont think so because the main reason for someone to change the oems it has to be stoping power

No, rotors do little for stopping power, except less rotating mass/unsprung weight, as aftermarkets are lighter weight, so that is their main benefit, which is good.
The rest is just looks.
Increased stopping power comes from a better master cylinder with more clamping force.
And different pad material that bites better.
Stainless lines also only improve lever feel, and shorten lever travel, especially with hot fluid, but do not increase line pressure, so they do not shorten stops.
:beerchug:

No, rotors do little for stopping power, except less rotating mass/unsprung weight, as aftermarkets are lighter weight, so that is their main benefit, which is good.
The rest is just looks.
Increased stopping power comes from a better master cylinder with more clamping force.
And different pad material that bites better.
Stainless lines also only improve lever feel, and shorten lever travel, especially with hot fluid, but do not increase line pressure, so they do not shorten stops.
:beerchug:
You’re disregarding the study of metallurgy.

Upgraded rotors aren’t just for looks nor is weight the only factor of a high quality rotor. If different pad material bites better or worse, wouldn’t different rotor material have an influence as well?

You’re disregarding the study of metallurgy.

Upgraded rotors aren’t just for looks nor is weight the only factor of a high quality rotor. If different pad material bites better or worse, wouldn’t different rotor material have an influence as well?

Yes, 100%...but manufacturer's never post that info, at least that I have seen.
Different alloys could also possibly cool better.
But rather, I've seen "The wave rotor shape promotes better cooling", to which I just shake my head...I'de like to see that tested and proven as an efficient gain.

There's alot of 'splitting hairs' research on braking too.
In terms of bedding new pads.
As pads not bedded aggressively at first tend to glaze themselves and the rotors.
Vs the entire purpose(several high speed emergency stops) so high heat, which helps to embed pad material into the pores of the metal in the rotors.
As pad material sticks better to itself than the rotor.
So bedding the brakes improves the grip of the pad on the rotor.
But now there are pads(Vesra) that are a street/race, and say that they do not need bedded, so new pad materials all together.
Vs past technology where a race pad had more bite than a street pad, but should not be ran on the street, because the pads needed to stay hot to grip efficiently. Where in a race(road race)environment, the brakes are used often, so they stay hot. Vs the street, where under normal riding, the brakes cool off quicker, so a different compound is needed to bite well at lower temperatures.
Lots of variables

Back