EV vehicles

The 2nd time for that company to bite the dust... The Fisker Karma was a POS. There were/are companies that put GM LS powertrains in the cars to make them worth a darn...
The biggest problem they have is cost.
I happen to like Lucid. But I worry about their ability to survive price wise.

So far Elon is the only guy that has managed to sell overpriced poorly built cars.

The biggest problem they have is cost.
I happen to like Lucid. But I worry about their ability to survive price wise.

So far Elon is the only guy that has managed to sell overpriced poorly built cars.
Marketing is the EV's greatest ally.....that and having the government behind EV tech throwing taxpayer money at it like drunken sailors hitting their first port.....

Informed people aren't buying them especially in rural areas.

Marketing is the EV's greatest ally.....that and having the government behind EV tech throwing taxpayer money at it like drunken sailors hitting their first port.....

Informed people aren't buying them especially in rural areas.
They have their purpose. In city traffic jams, it's a great concept to have an a/c system that doesn't require your engine to run in order to cool. That's a pretty good bit of tech.

Lots of fuel wasted using an ICE to go nowhere.

They have their purpose. In city traffic jams, it's a great concept to have an a/c system that doesn't require your engine to run in order to cool. That's a pretty good bit of tech.

Lots of fuel wasted using an ICE to go nowhere.
However, that A/C isn't running on fairy dust....it's draining the battery fast sitting there running...

A person here who has a Tesla used for driving instruction runs without the A/C whenever possible because it sucks battery juice so fast....even in the 100'F heat yesterday.

However, that A/C isn't running on fairy dust....it's draining the battery fast sitting there running...

A person here who has a Tesla used for driving instruction runs without the A/C whenever possible because it sucks battery juice so fast....even in the 100'F heat yesterday.
Well yes there's that. I don't know the drain rate of the A/C system. And then there's the pricetag of the vehicle. $85K for an A/C system is something only an EV fan would justify as helping our planet so it's worth it.

Well yes there's that. I don't know the drain rate of the A/C system. And then there's the pricetag of the vehicle. $85K for an A/C system is something only an EV fan would justify as helping our planet so it's worth it.
I only know of other electric A/C systems....plug a window unit in and your lights dim slightly....

Turn on the A/C in an ICE vehicle and there is a noticeable change to the engine sound....

In my estimation A/C draws a lot of energy...regardless of application.

View attachment 1684603
Gee I hope this was an EV green grill and not one that uses fossil fuels he wants to ban.

Also hope he fired whoever told him this pic was a good idea. Rofl
As I got challenged on this one, perhaps just a few comments, for the technically challenged one:

Enjoy your gas grills, if you are using LP gas, that is propane, and it is regarded as a green energy source.

Because propane has such a low carbon content, it produces next to zero greenhouse gas emissions or air pollutants, making it a clean-burning energy source. It also has lower amounts of carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide than other petroleum fuel sources such as gasoline, diesel and heating oil.

If you are using natural gas, unless you live in a state where your electricity is generated by nuclear, or wind, or solar, you can still be considered green. About 43% of the grid is powered by natural gas and there is efficiency loss to convert the BTU's to kWh.

So it follows that in both cases, you will be using less energy than if you were cooking with electricity, no smoke as in wood and you will have a smaller carbon footprint using gas for cooking.

All that said, besides Schumer's grill being a good thing, I believe he has done a lot of damage to the country and even more to Israel, by demanding Netanyahu's resignation.

I only know of other electric A/C systems....plug a window unit in and your lights dim slightly....

Turn on the A/C in an ICE vehicle and there is a noticeable change to the engine sound....

In my estimation A/C draws a lot of energy...regardless of application.
AC and heating remains the biggest contributor to your utility bill, also sports the highest amperage breaker on your electrical panel. For a normal house the AC pump will normally have a 50A breaker and the emergency heating elements will be 100A. If you heat with oil, or gas the latter is not applicable.

Where an ICE scores is heating inside the car during winter. That energy is basically free, from the waste heat removed from the motor.

As I got challenged on this one, perhaps just a few comments, for the technically challenged one:

Enjoy your gas grills, if you are using LP gas, that is propane, and it is regarded as a green energy source.

Because propane has such a low carbon content, it produces next to zero greenhouse gas emissions or air pollutants, making it a clean-burning energy source. It also has lower amounts of carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide than other petroleum fuel sources such as gasoline, diesel and heating oil.

If you are using natural gas, unless you live in a state where your electricity is generated by nuclear, or wind, or solar, you can still be considered green. About 43% of the grid is powered by natural gas and there is efficiency loss to convert the BTU's to kWh.

So it follows that in both cases, you will be using less energy than if you were cooking with electricity, no smoke as in wood and you will have a smaller carbon footprint using gas for cooking.

All that said, besides Schumer's grill being a good thing, I believe he has done a lot of damage to the country and even more to Israel, by demanding Netanyahu's resignation.
Sounds like "Hank Hill" talking...LOL!

'cause he sells propane and propane accessories

Sorry, I still don’t get it.

1.) He is using hydrocarbon fuels to grill his meat which is anti his green policy.

2.) He hates Bibi just as much as you do.

3,) Unlike me, he is a liberal just like all your buddies this end, who protest in support of Hamas.

Enlighten me, what did I miss?
You’re supposedly the grill pro. You figure it out.
Most of the world who actually does it saw it right off.

A couple of summers ago, when it hit 105F+ and they decided to shut one of the main roads out, down to one lane over the bridge for roadworks, the traffic jam and backup went for miles and miles. There were Tesla and other EV owners sitting stationary for ages running the a/c. (and probobly the radio as well) Then the emergency services were called due to the cars running out of battery and owners having heat exhaustion as they had no where to go to get out of the heat.
The cars then became an issue as they were going nowhere and adding further to the traffic jam. Took almost 12 hours for the whole mess to be cleared up

A couple of summers ago, when it hit 105F+ and they decided to shut one of the main roads out, down to one lane over the bridge for roadworks, the traffic jam and backup went for miles and miles. There were Tesla and other EV owners sitting stationary for ages running the a/c. (and probobly the radio as well) Then the emergency services were called due to the cars running out of battery and owners having heat exhaustion as they had no where to go to get out of the heat.
The cars then became an issue as they were going nowhere and adding further to the traffic jam. Took almost 12 hours for the whole mess to be cleared up
Just saying, but on a fully charged EV battery, using the AC at 105F it will take around 30 hours to drain the battery.

Someone near me has one of Elon’s trucks. I’ve seen it moving a couple times and man is it an ugly duckling. Can it haul anything? Is there some reason it’s so hard to look at? Starting at 83K….

IMG_0753.png

Here we can often have the opposite problem......sometimes large snow storms will close down a major hiway stranding cars.....even ICE vehicles have issues and are often abandoned however, they can easily be recovered and refueled in situ whereas EV have to be flat bedded away and in many cases even this is problematic.

Nope, EV are not the saving grace they are being touted as....what is? Not sure but certainly not EV.

Here we can often have the opposite problem......sometimes large snow storms will close down a major hiway stranding cars.....even ICE vehicles have issues and are often abandoned however, they can easily be recovered and refueled in situ whereas EV have to be flat bedded away and in many cases even this is problematic.

Nope, EV are not the saving grace they are being touted as....what is? Not sure but certainly not EV.
Interesting how you are good with a battery mower, but not an EV.

I can see myself in an EV, but would never buy a battery powered mower, or chainsaw.

Interesting how you are good with a battery mower, but not an EV.

I can see myself in an EV, but would never buy a battery powered mower, or chainsaw.
It's very simple really......an E mower won't leave me stranded far from home on a cold winter's night or in a different city when the charging station won't work....

I currently have a great gas powered garden tractor, weed trimmer and chain saw.......I would not own an E-garden tractor BTW....

It's very simple really......an E mower won't leave me stranded far from home on a cold winter's night or in a different city when the charging station won't work....

I currently have a great gas powered garden tractor, weed trimmer and chain saw.......I would not own an E-garden tractor BTW....
Getting stranded with an EV to me compares to running out of gas with an ICE.

There is the adult maturity and responsibility necessary, to use equipment within its capabilities, understanding those capabilities and planning accordingly.

About the mowers, I like them fast. :D

Getting stranded with an EV to me compares to running out of gas with an ICE.

There is the adult maturity and responsibility necessary, to use equipment within its capabilities, understanding those capabilities and planning accordingly.

About the mowers, I like them fast. :D

Yes, in this instance they are comparable-running out of gas verses running out of electrical power......

The difference is the ease and convenience of refueling as well as better range with ICE.

EV have poor range and the infrastructure is not in place to make recharging easy or convenient and in my opinion, it will be many years or decades before this is a realty if at all. If I were to travel to my home town, I would have to recharge an EV on route to get there whereas I can get there on less than a tank of fuel in my truck.

That mower looks more like a go-cart than a garden tractor.

Yes, in this instance they are comparable-running out of gas verses running out of electrical power......

The difference is the ease and convenience of refueling as well as better range with ICE.

EV have poor range and the infrastructure is not in place to make recharging easy or convenient and in my opinion, it will be many years or decades before this is a realty if at all. If I were to travel to my home town, I would have to recharge an EV on route to get there whereas I can get there on less than a tank of fuel in my truck.

That mower looks more like a go-cart than a garden tractor.
I believe anyone who frequently do long distance trips, would be crazy to consider an EV for the tool.

Doing trips longer than what your Hayabusa can do, and never having to stop at a gas station again is pretty appealing though.

For me, the problem today is price, calendar life of current batteries, insurance, and trade in value.

Those negatives will be resolved in the next 10 years, I believe.

I believe anyone who frequently do long distance trips, would be crazy to consider an EV for the tool.

Doing trips longer than what your Hayabusa can do, and never having to stop at a gas station again is pretty appealing though.

For me, the problem today is price, calendar life of current batteries, insurance, and trade in value.

Those negatives will be resolved in the next 10 years, I believe.
Doing trips longer than what a Hayabusa can do in an EV is apples to oranges, that's like saying I should take my truck on longer trips so I don't have to refuel......but my truck isn't a motorcycle and an entirely different experience obviously...

Your perceived problems align with my own although I will add range anxiety and ease of recharging into that mix...these issues to me cancel out the benefits of EV as a platform. EV are constantly being touted as the green choice which is erroneous.....

I've discussed a friend of mine with a Model S which is a serious vehicle but even he has seen the dark sides of ownership and is seriously considering abandoning his EV in favor for an ICE vehicle......

Back