EV vehicles

I didn’t find the leaf blower equal to my gas Bolens, or I would have added it. The weed eater however is excellent, my favorite purchase of the bunch.
I have a plug in blower and it works great...I use it to blow snow off my vehicles if the snow is light.....I've even blown off my entire driveway at times.

I use battery powered drills and drivers and they work great although I've had to replace the batteries one at a time when they die off....

As the batteries age, they lose their duration of use......then won't accept a charge any longer......at least the charger is a smart charger and tells me when the battery is no longer good.

If you are a fan of something you will always find justifications and reasons to own one. Take the Hayabusa for example, how many of us were quite happy riding a lesser bike before we upgraded, and now, well, you could never go back because of xyz features. But xyz comes with no drawbacks, no deal breakers. People are comparing running out of gas with running out of charge but this is a deal breaker. Extra gas can always be carried if it's warranted and 100% reliable gas stations abound across the nation. Not the case with the EV at all. Another comparison was made about car fires but a gasoline fire, while dangerous, can be easily put out with foam, and it doesn't fill the air with toxic chemicals either. Comparing the two is like comparing an oil spill from a crashed train to a sulfuric acid spill. I know which one I'd prefer to clean up.

Then we move onto the manufacturing collapse which really just effects all the European and US based companies, and their stockholders (God help them) Tesla, Rivian, will even they survive? How many TV sets are made in the states these days? How many toasters? How many motorcycle brands? Only one hey and the only reason it is still around is the niche market ethos surrounding them. You're not buying a modern motorcycle experience there, you're buying a Brand, an Image, the bad Boy image "Bro"

I think for a long time people have been cajoled into buying EV's because they felt they had to be progressive and green, now that things are falling apart they have an excuse to stick with a trusty, reliable, easily refueled Gas powered car and they are abandoning the EV hand over fist. It's like a rout almost now, go over to the reddit subs where the simps gather and read what they are saying, r/real tesla is particularly eyeopening. Tesla owners with Big complaints. Who ever said they were a better alternative to conventional vehicles needs their head read.

There are the numerous pitfalls already discussed here but No compelling advantage to buy EV. I mean what is the advantage to me as a consumer for buying an EV? And don't say saving money on fuel because that's a crock, another Big Fat Lie. In 10 years an EV is toast and half that money was in the battery, a $$ figure which easily matches 10 years of gasoline useage on my 2008 Jap 4x4 and my 2012 Hayabusa combined. Both of which have low milage still and will give me Years if not decades of reliable transport. I'm just now replacing the Lipos in a set of 2016 laptops, that's easy, and relatively cheap. In an EV it's near impossible and too expensive anyway. They are like mobile phones, you toss them out when the battery dies.

I use battery powered drills and drivers and they work great although I've had to replace the batteries one at a time when they die off....

As the batteries age, they lose their duration of use......then won't accept a charge any longer......at least the charger is a smart charger and tells me when the battery is no longer good.
And if you're like me, you go through that quirky little stage of grief over each 6Ah one that dies. You tap it, try to recharge it, then put it aside, then reluctantly toss it out because you know it's never gonna get refurbished. You say to yourself, that cost me $80, Damn!

Now imagine going through that process with an $80,000 Rivian truck! Oh No! I'm not going there lol lol, no way.

Good for a laugh if nothing else

Last edited:
And if you're like me, you go through that quirky little stage of grief over each 6Ah one that dies. You tap it, try to recharge it, then put it aside, then reluctantly toss it out because you know it's never gonna get refurbished. You say to yourself, that cost me $80, Damn!

Now imagine going through that process with an $80,000 Rivian truck! Oh No! I'm not going there lol lol, no way.

I’ll let you know when my truck needs a replacement battery :)

Actually these stories I have spent some time researching. Got the idea from watching them use Tesla battery packs to power sailboats. Open a Tesla repair shop that specializes in nothing but battery swap outs. You can buy accident TESLAS for pennies. Disassemble their battery bank into battery packs. Replace faulty packs to make up a complete assembly. Replace a failed Tesla with a refurbished pack. For half the price they are getting picked for. Still make a fat profit.

Or buy a Tesla with a spent pack and put in a refurbished one. For s fat profit. There is some litigation that has happened that prevents TESLA from stopping a person repairing a car that has been sold and no longer supported by Tesla.

I've seen some nice Teslas that just lost the battery get dumped for cheap. Plenty of fools that want to buy a used Tesla S for reduced prices.

I've seen some nice Teslas that just lost the battery get dumped for cheap. Plenty of fools that want to buy a used Tesla S for reduced prices.
I can imagine. I watched a fascinating vid, was it here? Of small Indian workshops gutting and rebuilding old truck batteries all by hand. One backyard outfit was actually making huge gears by digging holes in the ground, forming them up and pouring in the molten metal then finishing them on big old milling machines. Anything is possible if you have a cheap enough labor pool.

New here. This thread is interesting, sure has a lot of EV bashing.

We have the third Tesla model 3 now, mainly used by my wife. I drive a truck mostly.

She is a nurse doing home care and does just under 15,000 miles a year. She gets reimbursed for her mileage.

We lease for under $400 per month, with an annual 15,000 mile allowance, which gives us a new vehicle every three years.

We have solar, so on a bad month the electrical bill may be around $70, depending on weather.

The 240V charging plug cost me slightly North of $500 with a self install. From a 10% charge left in the batteries, about 7 hours to full charge. But normally she never goes as low as 10%

So in short, crediting her mileage reimbursement to the lease payment, no costs for gas, she is basically commuting for free.

We don’t use it for long distance, normally travel by air for that, or use the truck.

For what she uses the model 3 it sure works for us, we don’t see a gas vehicle in our future for local commuting.

We have the third Tesla model 3 now, mainly used by my wife. I drive a truck mostly.

She is a nurse doing home care and does just under 15,000 miles a year. She gets reimbursed for her mileage.

We lease for under $400 per month, with an annual 15,000 mile allowance, which gives us a new vehicle every three years.

We have solar, so on a bad month the electrical bill may be around $70, depending on weather.

The 240V charging plug cost me slightly North of $500 with a self install. From a 10% charge left in the batteries, about 7 hours to full charge. But normally she never goes as low as 10%

So in short, crediting her mileage reimbursement to the lease payment, no costs for gas, she is basically commuting for free.

We don’t use it for long distance, normally travel by air for that, or use the truck.

For what she uses the model 3 it sure works for us, we don’t see a gas vehicle in our future for local commuting.
Welcome....

Yes there are many who are very skeptical of EV and their planned forced implementation on the masses.

For the purpose you describe, an EV as a second, light use commuter makes perfect sense. When my wife was recently shopping for a new vehicle I mentioned a hybrid and her response was no 'effin way would she own either EV or hybrid....I was slightly taken aback as she has never been that forceful on anything before...

The good news is we mostly ride Hayabusas or something with an ICE on two wheels on this site so a little sanity prevails.........(very little though).

My sister has a Model X. She doesn't go far in hers either. And she uses superchargers when she can. She didn't want to pay 4 figures for the 240 charger install. So she doesn't care if it takes 4 days to charge. But it's all out of her pocket.

She has however had a windshield fail that TESLA is being a pain over. But she will just have to suck it up.

A friend of mine just bought a new Lucid and loves it except for the following. The electric dream was short when she discovered the closest charging station was at Sam's Club about 8 miles away. The order of refueling different cars was disorganized because the waiting lines were not orderly so people attending to recharge were discussing who was there first and who gets recharged 1st and all of that. Then, the time waiting to recharge turned into a drawn out waiting game... like an hour and 20 minutes. Then, once on the charger it took 40 minutes to get a full charge.

The next step was to get a home charger installed. It turned out to be a $1400 labor charge because of the layout of the garage.

She mentioned it will rip your head off. Push the launch control button and step on the gas... She didn't know about the regenerative braking system and said running the gas peddle is like a brand new learning experience. I agreed... I drove a Tesla for about an hour one day for a friend that just bought a new one.

She came out of the top of the line Audi sedan... 2021 model I think... 100K car. Anyway, she leased the Lucid and given what goes on with batteries and EVs she is glad she made that decision instead of buying it. She claims she has a 400 mile range on a full charge.

A friend of mine just bought a new Lucid and loves it except for the following. The electric dream was short when she discovered the closest charging station was at Sam's Club about 8 miles away. The order of refueling different cars was disorganized because the waiting lines were not orderly so people attending to recharge were discussing who was there first and who gets recharged 1st and all of that. Then, the time waiting to recharge turned into a drawn out waiting game... like an hour and 20 minutes. Then, once on the charger it took 40 minutes to get a full charge.

The next step was to get a home charger installed. It turned out to be a $1400 labor charge because of the layout of the garage.

She mentioned it will rip your head off. Push the launch control button and step on the gas... She didn't know about the regenerative braking system and said running the gas peddle is like a brand new learning experience. I agreed... I drove a Tesla for about an hour one day for a friend that just bought a new one.

She came out of the top of the line Audi sedan... 2021 model I think... 100K car. Anyway, she leased the Lucid and given what goes on with batteries and EVs she is glad she made that decision instead of buying it. She claims she has a 400 mile range on a full charge.
I was offered a "driving experience" by Lucid last year. They bring you the car and pretty much let you drive it for a day. Anywhere you want. It's all a sales attempt. But it was nicer than the Tesla Model S I drove.

And yes they will rip your head off! For about 50 miles! They will get well past legal speed limits as effortlessly as the Hayabusa. You never realize it.

The set up they bring it in was pretty cool too. They bring them on a truck. Multiple cars. Probably 6. That truck has like a little office you can see the options etc. And it's own power recharge stations self contained that run off on onboard generator. They could run the office and charge like 4 cars.

The transport vehicle/showroom was almost as much of the sale as was the car. Nice girls with big tits bring you refreshments and stuff.

Nice car. But all the same EV concerns present with it.

Yeah all I had to do was act halfway like I was interested when they reached out to offer a test day.
Marketing. Just think of it, often the product is ok, sometimes not, sometimes total garbage but the marketing pressure in today's world is often so well engineered it can overcome your rational faculties and sweep you along to a purchase. There was a movie like 30 years ago, a young man walks into a showroom to look at a sports car and it's amazing! The cute girl talks him into buying all the extras at super cost. Turns out the car is garbage, made from secondhand parts from the breakers yard lol.

It Takes Two. 1988

I remember the movie because the mechanic/engineer had this chair on an articulated boom he rode around the workshop in.
Boobs Sell! Every young man should be forced to watch this B-grader back to back for a year so the message sinks in.

IT TAKES TWO.jpg

IT TAKES TWO-A.jpg

IT TAKES TWO-B.jpg

IT TAKES TWO-C.jpg

Marketing. Just think of it, often the product is ok, sometimes not, sometimes total garbage but the marketing pressure in today's world is often so well engineered it can overcome your rational faculties and sweep you along to a purchase. There was a movie like 30 years ago, a young man walks into a showroom to look at a sports car and it's amazing! The cute girl talks him into buying all the extras at super cost. Turns out the car is garbage, made from secondhand parts from the breakers yard lol.

It Takes Two. 1988

I remember the movie because the mechanic/engineer had this chair on an articulated boom he rode around the workshop in.
Boobs Sell! Every young man should be forced to watch this B-grader back to back for a year so the message sinks in.

View attachment 1684765

View attachment 1684762

View attachment 1684763

View attachment 1684764
I never reached out to Lucid. Your info gets sold around by however the aggregators collect info in you. I mean I know that they target based on the data they are buying.

Lucid I don't think have any brick and mortar showrooms. So they bring it to you.

Back