EV vehicles

Government funded pages painting a rosy picture.......

Try living here and being immersed for a while then you will see the real picture....

The have nots are quickly gaining in prominence, people are really struggling to live here let alone be able to afford an expensive EV that has very questionable range and ability to be recharged.

This is hiway 401 at rush hour, imagine being out there in a snowstorm in an EV that has sat all day at your work without being charged....

Looks fun.......being in this is like being in a very slow moving parking lot. I hated getting caught in these.

View attachment 1684807
I believe Canada is the only country who is realistic about what it would take to be net zero in 2050, especially your grid.

The rest of the world is just idealistic about achieving something, without backing it up as to what will be impossible to achieve. The challenges to achieve that in the rest of the world is much greater. Biden is talking about something he knows very little about and no one is taking this seriously.

Mine for the day…. I want to hate it but I can’t. I won’t buy one but I have a different point of view on them now.

C4D6A643-6D52-49CD-9FAC-6C5892FCE918.jpeg
if you guys have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a decent EV, take it. Things look different from the drivers seat.

Mine for the day…. I want to hate it but I can’t. I won’t buy one but I have a different point of view on them now.

View attachment 1684850if you guys have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a decent EV, take it. Things look different from the drivers seat.
I found both the Lucid and Model S to be a pretty good drive. Just as I'm sure I'd find a Bugatti a pretty good drive. Doesn't change the formula for it being a good vehicle. Contrarily I never found a G Wagon to be that great of a driving experience. But there are probably more of them on the road that the previous 3 mentioned.

For all the EV bashing, ppl here are quick to forget all the electrical conveniences they use daily. I don’t see any of you guys burning if kerosene lamps and sending smoke signals to get these post on this forum.
Are you expecting an electric launch vehicle for satellites? Electric tanks and jet fighters? Of course not. But you have convinced yourself that electric everything else is better, which given the realities of life on earth is really quite an obsessive frame of mind. The EV bashing you rail against is quite mainstream now, EV lovers are in the minority. EV lovers are the new Vegans. We should all stop eating meat and dairy, meat is murder and dairy is rape! Not too far removed from the shrill claims of the EV minority.

if you guys have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a decent EV, take it. Things look different from the drivers seat.

Eventually you'll simply stop proselytizing for EV converts and settle back into living your own life. That's what Vegans do after a decade or so.

View attachment 1684850if you guys have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a decent EV, take it. Things look different from the drivers seat.
That thing is one ugly machine.......if Tesla had made it look more like a traditional truck, it would be better received in my opinion.

I found most EVs that I've looked in to be too busy inside, too many TFT screens for my taste.

My friend with the Model S said that sometimes the screens can become very distracting......he had a real issue with his one time when the screens wouldn't revert to low light illumination which made it almost impossible to drive at night.

I found both the Lucid and Model S to be a pretty good drive. Just as I'm sure I'd find a Bugatti a pretty good drive. Doesn't change the formula for it being a good vehicle. Contrarily I never found a G Wagon to be that great of a driving experience. But there are probably more of them on the road that the previous 3 mentioned.
Our military bought G Wagons years ago and they are a POS of the highest caliber.....we in leadership pointed out that the HUMVEE was a far better choice as we could draw support and parts from our biggest trading partner-the US but our idiots in charge went with the G Wagon...

At least one is rolled over each exercise and they really (really) suck getting in and out of with full equipment on as the doors are narrow.

.......and they are far too complicated for field repairs....

I believe Canada is the only country who is realistic about what it would take to be net zero in 2050, especially your grid.

The rest of the world is just idealistic about achieving something, without backing it up as to what will be impossible to achieve. The challenges to achieve that in the rest of the world is much greater. Biden is talking about something he knows very little about and no one is taking this seriously.
Our generating systems are aging with very little being done to upgrade them...

Our infrastructure is also aging and to upgrade that is trillions upon trillions of dollars to do so because of the distances required.

Right across the river from where I live is the province of Quebec and those residents who live nearest to me are losing power on a weekly basis for hours at a time due to infrastructure breakdowns.....

Reading about it and being immersed in it are two entirely different things.

Our military bought G Wagons years ago and they are a POS of the highest caliber.....we in leadership pointed out that the HUMVEE was a far better choice as we could draw support and parts from our biggest trading partner-the US but our idiots in charge went with the G Wagon...

At least one is rolled over each exercise and they really (really) suck getting in and out of with full equipment on as the doors are narrow.

.......and they are far too complicated for field repairs....
Like EVs they are more status symbol.

Like EVs they are more status symbol.
I think in this case the Canadian government is so bent on distancing themselves from our military resembling the US that they go to extremes and would rather buy junk equipment.....over the years I've seen some really crappy procurements for the military even though we could have bought off the shelf US equipment for 1/3 the price.....

Our R&D group decided we'd have autonomous EV in the form of 8 wheeled ATV which could be sent on missions carrying our heavier gear or extracting wounded. These vehicles were GPS guided and could be set to RV with our unit at specified way points.....during the trials not one unit made it to the way point as either it ran out of juice and had to use it's built in solar panels to recharge, or got stuck, rolled over or was intercepted by enemy forces (training forces).

.....and the money they poured into this project was staggering...

They even had one version which had a belt fed 7.62 GPMG on it that could be controlled by VR goggles to lay down cover fire from a distance, the concept was sound, the execution not so much....

Our generating systems are aging with very little being done to upgrade them...

Our infrastructure is also aging and to upgrade that is trillions upon trillions of dollars to do so because of the distances required.

Right across the river from where I live is the province of Quebec and those residents who live nearest to me are losing power on a weekly basis for hours at a time due to infrastructure breakdowns.....

Reading about it and being immersed in it are two entirely different things.
Dang it Bee. Stop with the alternate facts! $$ is a figment for the Greenies.

Like all the "solutions" nobody accounts for how it's paid for.

Are you expecting an electric launch vehicle for satellites? Electric tanks and jet fighters? Of course not. But you have convinced yourself that electric everything else is better, which given the realities of life on earth is really quite an obsessive frame of mind. The EV bashing you rail against is quite mainstream now, EV lovers are in the minority. EV lovers are the new Vegans. We should all stop eating meat and dairy, meat is murder and dairy is rape! Not too far removed from the shrill claims of the EV minority.

Eventually you'll simply stop proselytizing for EV converts and settle back into living your own life. That's what Vegans do after a decade or so.
I’ve stated that they are not for everyone or fit every application several times on this thread. I had the opportunity to drive a vehicle that I hated before I got behind the wheel. I no longer hate it. @Oz22 touch grass before it’s too late.

I think in this case the Canadian government is so bent on distancing themselves from our military resembling the US that they go to extremes and would rather buy junk equipment.....over the years I've seen some really crappy procurements for the military even though we could have bought off the shelf US equipment for 1/3 the price.....

Our R&D group decided we'd have autonomous EV in the form of 8 wheeled ATV which could be sent on missions carrying our heavier gear or extracting wounded. These vehicles were GPS guided and could be set to RV with our unit at specified way points.....during the trials not one unit made it to the way point as either it ran out of juice and had to use it's built in solar panels to recharge, or got stuck, rolled over or was intercepted by enemy forces (training forces).

.....and the money they poured into this project was staggering...

They even had one version which had a belt fed 7.62 GPMG on it that could be controlled by VR goggles to lay down cover fire from a distance, the concept was sound, the execution not so much....
So I can comment from a different context. There are lots of technology that gets created, tested, and moved forward or fail from govt funded projects. While you highlight the failures you saw, it probably contributed greatly towards the advancement of taking troops out of harms way during conflicts. While the EV portion didn't perform well, the remote operated aspects will probably advance to eventually protect and preserve troops lives.

I spent a few years in R&D projects. They were working on fully pilotless aircraft, decades before the public got to see remote operated drones fight in conflicts. Decades before the public got to see a space vehicle launch, orbit for months, and land autonomously.

That was top secret tech in the late 80s early 90s.

Elon Musk can now return launch vehicles 2 at a time to whatever point on the planet they wish. That was a goal that had been undertaken decades ago.

All of these failed a few times. At a cost of billions.

So I can comment from a different context. There are lots of technology that gets created, tested, and moved forward or fail from govt funded projects. While you highlight the failures you saw, it probably contributed greatly towards the advancement of taking troops out of harms way during conflicts. While the EV portion didn't perform well, the remote operated aspects will probably advance to eventually protect and preserve troops lives.

I spent a few years in R&D projects. They were working on fully pilotless aircraft, decades before the public got to see remote operated drones fight in conflicts. Decades before the public got to see a space vehicle launch, orbit for months, and land autonomously.

That was top secret tech in the late 80s early 90s.

Elon Musk can now return launch vehicles 2 at a time to whatever point on the planet they wish. That was a goal that had been undertaken decades ago.

All of these failed a few times. At a cost of billions.
I get R&D and what it means........this EV I'm speaking on was in it's final stages before it was deemed field ready and when we indicated it wasn't, they were all set to ignore us and press it into service with the special forces which in my opinion would have been a huge mistake as it wasn't tried and trued yet...it felt like the government was coming close to the end of this contract and wanted to hurriedly end it to not go into cost overages.

Which is the case in many of these ventures....things rushed out to the general public before both the device and the public are ready for it.

EVs come to mind, they were on sale in dealerships before any infrastructure was in place including people trained in repairing them and then wondering why either they failed or owners got frustrated......

EVs have been out to the general population for how long now and still the infrastructure and servicing is still not fully in place.

Talk about setting something up for failure right out of the gate.

I get R&D and what it means........this EV I'm speaking on was in it's final stages before it was deemed field ready and when we indicated it wasn't, they were all set to ignore us and press it into service with the special forces which in my opinion would have been a huge mistake as it wasn't tried and trued yet...it felt like the government was coming close to the end of this contract and wanted to hurriedly end it to not go into cost overages.

Which is the case in many of these ventures....things rushed out to the general public before both the device and the public are ready for it.

EVs come to mind, they were on sale in dealerships before any infrastructure was in place including people trained in repairing them and then wondering why either they failed or owners got frustrated......

EVs have been out to the general population for how long now and still the infrastructure and servicing is still not fully in place.

Talk about setting something up for failure right out of the gate.
It's doable, just not everywhere. Who knows one day the infrastructure may be in place.

It will be interesting to see what happens to EV's if Trump gets back into office, as he is a fossil fuel guy. The challenge remains, if EV's tank in the US, China will dominate that market for years to come, globally. I know Elon Musk has spent some time at Mara Lago with Trump, so time will tell.

I just read that Tesla has been ordered to stop releasing toxic gas from it's plants...

Like I've pointed out countless times before, the fabrication of EV is no greener than ICE only probably more toxic due to the requirement to make batteries and all that goes into that process....

I just read that Tesla has been ordered to stop releasing toxic gas from it's plants...

Like I've pointed out countless times before, the fabrication of EV is no greener than ICE only probably more toxic due to the requirement to make batteries and all that goes into that process....

Bee, what are we gonna do with your hate for electricity?

Those toxic fumes are coming from Tesla's paint shop operation. Has nothing to do with batteries or electrical motors. He has been a bit naughty in San Francisco. Every car manufacturer paints as far as I know?

In industry, we take care of the paint shop exhausts with scrubbers in the air system, he has just been a bit naughty not to take care of that.

By the way, I have had toxic air problems running large food factories, one in Toronto specifically. I would be surprised if you don't have some of their product in your pantry. Better find it and dump it, because it causes pollution. :laugh:

Bee, what are we gonna do with your hate for electricity?

Those toxic fumes are coming from Tesla's paint shop operation. Has nothing to do with batteries or electrical motors. He has been a bit naughty in San Francisco. Every car manufacturer paints as far as I know?

In industry, we take care of the paint shop exhausts with scrubbers in the air system, he has just been a bit naughty not to take care of that.

By the way, I have had toxic air problems running large food factories, one in Toronto specifically. I would be surprised if you don't have some of their product in your pantry. Better find it and dump it, because it causes pollution. :laugh:
Hate is a very strong word to be using....my stating facts and seeing data is not hate...

I have electricity in my home so I don't hate electricity......

What I don't like is the fact that there are people in power telling the gullible and unknowledgeable that EV are the way forward and are far greener than ICE. EV might be included in the personal transportation plan but can't be the 100% replacement for ICE vehicles.

How many other factories have been cited for such a violation? Is this just the victimization or bullying of Tesla we are witnessing?

You have already been very clear that you presently do not own an EV nor do you expect to.......this tells me you are arguing for the sake of an argument.

I am arguing the fact that the government in my country (and yours) is belt feeding it's population into adopting EV and the country is not ready for any such adopting and won't be for decades.

How many other factories have been cited for such a violation? Is this just the victimization or bullying of Tesla we are witnessing?
I have a paint shop in my current business. To get it permitted, I had to spend thousands on stuff I don’t need.
The exhaust air goes straight out the roof, NC don’t give a damn about the toxic fumes in that air.
California makes it difficult for businesses to operate, they have ridiculous regulations for just about everything. The reason there is an exodus out of the state.

Hate is a very strong word to be using....my stating facts and seeing data is not hate...

I have electricity in my home so I don't hate electricity......
OK, my apologies, I did not realize you live in an EV as a home.:moon:

Back