EV vehicles

Ping Bee

Those darn EV’s right?

That's one that made the news of many others....

I read it's not that ICE don't catch fire as much, it's generally the circumstances they catch fire that is different and the fact they can easily be put out when they do start on fire unlike an EV.....

If EVs were the greatest thing out there, all the pro-EV posters in this thread would be owners and only own EV.....as soon as an EV owner owns anything ICE as well as EV, it negates their ability to advocate for EV.

Looking for a bigger 2smoke motor for my blower, any ideas?
I have the most powerful lipo 18V blower there is and I wouldn't dream of using it on the driveway, carport or street, it's only good in the garage and out on small strips of concrete. The 36V is much better of course, especially if you can get one with a brushless motor. But the battery cost is pretty steep. Down here the Ryobi 36V 8.0Ah Lithium batt costs $399. Then you have to buy the blower and charger. A STIHL BG56 Petrol Leaf Blower costs $349.

I chatted once with a mowing contractor down by the river, servicing expensive homes. This was 10 years ago, he was all electric, mower, blower, hedger. He had a mountain of batteries and a whopping big multi charger. I asked what the deal was, he was a Greeni and so were his clients, they were happy to pay extra, A lot extra, to have the clean tools used on their yards. The cost was high mostly because the job took twice as long compared to doing it with Gas power. Compared to car and truck usage the consumption by yard tools is insignificant.

ww.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-36v-8-0ah-lithium-hp-battery_p0412870
ww.mygyc.com.au/collections/stihl-leaf-blowers/products/stihl-bg56-petrol-blower-vac

That's one that made the news of many others....

I read it's not that ICE don't catch fire as much, it's generally the circumstances they catch fire that is different and the fact they can easily be put out when they do start on fire unlike an EV.....

If EVs were the greatest thing out there, all the pro-EV posters in this thread would be owners and only own EV.....as soon as an EV owner owns anything ICE as well as EV, it negates their ability to advocate for EV.
I like noise as well. EVs are superior but I’m an old gear head at heart. Obviously my bike is gas but I’m willing to make the trade as soon as something comparable comes along. Everything I own that runs on gas will eventually be replaced with its electric counterpart. I can’t make diesels (to include biodiesel in large quantities) or gas but I can produce energy with the sun, wind and water. It’s not for everyone but those who talk about being “free” with less government interference won’t take the steps to be completely self reliant. For all the EV bashing, ppl here are quick to forget all the electrical conveniences they use daily. I don’t see any of you guys burning if kerosene lamps and sending smoke signals to get these post on this forum.

I like noise as well. EVs are superior but I’m an old gear head at heart. Obviously my bike is gas but I’m willing to make the trade as soon as something comparable comes along. Everything I own that runs on gas will eventually be replaced with its electric counterpart. I can’t make diesels (to include biodiesel in large quantities) or gas but I can produce energy with the sun, wind and water. It’s not for everyone but those who talk about being “free” with less government interference won’t take the steps to be completely self reliant. For all the EV bashing, ppl here are quick to forget all the electrical conveniences they use daily. I don’t see any of you guys burning if kerosene lamps and sending smoke signals to get these post on this forum.
For the majority of individuals, using anything but commercial electricity is a non-starter due to where they live (apartments, condos and the like).

And the cost to go to these alternative power sources make them unreachable to the majority as well.

A neighbor was contemplating buying a turn key solar company but after looking into it further, last winter we had 78 days of direct sunlight....most of the customers he would inherit were running on commercial power for most of the year negating their very expensive solar system.......that got around like a wild fire and people opted out of solar really quickly.......that and a hail storm last summer that wrecked a lot of panels.

Wind would work if someone had a personal wind generator and space to install it.....when it's not windy enough to drive the system, commercial power is used again...

Humans as a race need to do something and that's a fact....what is the real question. EV are not the answer-they take as much pollution to build as ICE, use non-renewable resources to build and in many cases to power. They also pollute as much due to their excessive tire wear due to their weight.....scientists have found that microscopic rubber and compounds from tires to be the most polluting part of a vehicle ICE or otherwise.

For all the EV bashing, ppl here are quick to forget all the electrical conveniences they use daily. I don’t see any of you guys burning if kerosene lamps and sending smoke signals to get these post on this forum.
70% of that electricity is created by the burning of fossil fuels. If you are so pro green, candles can still give you light. You can raise your own sheep to make your own wool. So you don't wear anything that was created using oil. And grow your own food. So you avoid trucking that around.

What if you were forced to do the above because the government decides we have to save the planet?

70% of that electricity is created by the burning of fossil fuels. If you are so pro green, candles can still give you light. You can raise your own sheep to make your own wool. So you don't wear anything that was created using oil. And grow your own food. So you avoid trucking that around.

What if you were forced to do the above because the government decides we have to save the planet?
Was talking to my next door neighbor and his younger brother has a year old expensive Cub Cadet electric zero turn that for some reason the battery won't accept a full charge, they checked the charger (replaced it) and the battery and it was deemed the battery is at fault....all good except they can't get a battery for a few months...he said he needs it to cut grass now, in a few months it will be snowing....he asked them to give him another zero turn as this one was under warranty but they refused.

He ended up buying a used gas zero turn so he could get his lawns cut for his customers......

Commercial power from the grid....

My neighbor owns an electrical company so I picked up that jargon from him...
The grid supplies lots of places. Commercial Electricity refers to non-residential.

In regards to your post which makes EV’s a non starter for apartments, condos and the like, would be like below. Those charging stations would be considered commercial, as they will be managed by a commercial entity. In the worst supply areas in Canada, the load factor is around 30%. If managed honestly and properly, those en masse should reduce electrical supply costs to the residential home consumer considerably.

Just sayin.

IMG_3094.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg

IMG_3096.jpeg

Just curious, is it 2024 in Canada, or do folks have plans to get there some day?

The grid supplies lots of places. Commercial Electricity refers to non-residential.

In regards to your post which makes EV’s a non starter for apartments, condos and the like, would be like below. Those charging stations would be considered commercial, as they will be managed by a commercial entity. In the worst supply areas in Canada, the load factor is around 30%. If managed honestly and properly, those en masse should reduce electrical supply costs to the residential home consumer considerably.

Just sayin.

View attachment 1684803

View attachment 1684804

View attachment 1684805

Just curious, is it 2024 in Canada, or do folks have plans to get there some day?
I've been to many places in the US that look like it is stuck in 1950 so I wouldn't point too many fingers...

And commercial power from what I was told by my neighbor is power that was being supplied by a commercial source-and it can be used to power residential or commercial businesses...

Where would all these cars get power from as these houses don't have garages or driveways?

Riddle me that Batman.....

Cars.jpg

I've been to many places in the US that look like it is stuck in 1950 so I wouldn't point too many fingers...

And commercial power from what I was told by my neighbor is power that was being supplied by a commercial source-and it can be used to power residential or commercial businesses...

Where would all these cars get power from as these houses don't have garages or driveways?

Riddle me that Batman.....

View attachment 1684806
Easy answer, you missed the second picture.

They will one day all get to 2024 and beyond.

Send your neighbor the link below, since he won't believe me, Spiderman.

^^^^
Actually Bee, your post made me look around a bit and I am impressed at how green Canada is.

Perfect environment for EV's as you seem to rely less on fossil fuel to recharge them, compared to most countries.

Except our climate and vast distances to travel to get anywhere that is...

And very old infrastructure.

And very expensive kw/hr rates

Except our climate and vast distances to travel to get anywhere that is...

And very old infrastructure.

And very expensive kw/hr rates
OK Bee, this is the last one, I will stop yanking your chain. My apologies for being anal about facts, realism and the truth.

OK Bee, this is the last one, I will stop yanking your chain. My apologies for being anal about facts, realism and the truth.

Government funded pages painting a rosy picture.......

Try living here and being immersed for a while then you will see the real picture....

The have nots are quickly gaining in prominence, people are really struggling to live here let alone be able to afford an expensive EV that has very questionable range and ability to be recharged.

This is hiway 401 at rush hour, imagine being out there in a snowstorm in an EV that has sat all day at your work without being charged....

Looks fun.......being in this is like being in a very slow moving parking lot. I hated getting caught in these.

401.jpg

Back