EV vehicles

Marketing is the EV's greatest ally.....that and having the government behind EV tech throwing taxpayer money at it like drunken sailors hitting their first port.....

Informed people aren't buying them especially in rural areas.
Depends on how marketing is defined. Musk took it very personally when Biden held an EV summit, and didn't invite Tesla to it. So Musk went on the assault.

Then Musk bought Twitter to stall out the liberal dis-information platform.

Which pissed off the main consumer of his car.

So yeah marketing is relative.

I own a Kobalt 40v push mower, weed eater, pole saw and 14” chain saw. I kept my perfectly good Honda mower and Stihl chain saw but haven’t used them since. The ease of operation is priceless. I have a big yard with a lot of mature trees and I wish I had bought them sooner, especially the weed eater since I don’t walk around with it running. Very efficient and plenty of power.

Doing trips longer than what a Hayabusa can do in an EV is apples to oranges, that's like saying I should take my truck on longer trips so I don't have to refuel......but my truck isn't a motorcycle and an entirely different experience obviously...

Your perceived problems align with my own although I will add range anxiety and ease of recharging into that mix...these issues to me cancel out the benefits of EV as a platform. EV are constantly being touted as the green choice which is erroneous.....

I've discussed a friend of mine with a Model S which is a serious vehicle but even he has seen the dark sides of ownership and is seriously considering abandoning his EV in favor for an ICE vehicle......
Tesla sold 387,000 vehicles first quarter this year, the cybertruck is sold out past end of 2024.

At some point we have to respect both sides of the coin. Some like and buy EV’s some don’t.

To go above and beyond towards touting one’s own opinion against EV’s, keep on bashing them, trying to find any and every reason, many which are not factual, to bash EV’s probably goes a little beyond my value system.

When it comes to EV’s same as religion, I don’t argue about it, I respect the opinions of others, don’t judge them and live to make my own choices.

Have at it.

I own a Kobalt 40v push mower, weed eater, pole saw and 14” chain saw. I kept my perfectly good Honda mower and Stihl chain saw but haven’t used them since. The ease of operation is priceless. I have a big yard with a lot of mature trees and I wish I had bought them sooner, especially the weed eater since I don’t walk around with it running. Very efficient and plenty of power.
I can see the benefits of battery powered lawn maintenance equipment.....I wouldn't want an electric garden tractor though as over time the batteries get weak and need replacing and they aren't inexpensive to replace.

When I replace my grass trimmer, I will most likely go with a Ryobi 40v unit.

The city of Ottawa replaced all of their lawn mowers with battery powered Kubota units which were very expensive (replacing diesel Kubota units).....and all leaf blowers, grass trimmers and push mowers.

Now the workers say they can only get half the work done per charge so Ottawa hired 3 extra people who go around and drop off charged batteries while picking up and recharging spent ones...they drive F350s while doing this....in my opinion it sure negates the benefit of using electric grass mowers.

I can see the benefits of battery powered lawn maintenance equipment.....I wouldn't want an electric garden tractor though as over time the batteries get weak and need replacing and they aren't inexpensive to replace.

When I replace my grass trimmer, I will most likely go with a Ryobi 40v unit.

The city of Ottawa replaced all of their lawn mowers with battery powered Kubota units which were very expensive (replacing diesel Kubota units).....and all leaf blowers, grass trimmers and push mowers.

Now the workers say they can only get half the work done per charge so Ottawa hired 3 extra people who go around and drop off charged batteries while picking up and recharging spent ones...they drive F350s while doing this....in my opinion it sure negates the benefit of using electric grass mowers.
Bee. You're not supposed to be educated enough to see that bigger picture.

Shame on you.

Listen to EV wanna be experts and just shut your piehole.

Oh yeah and pay your government levied green program taxes.

:-)

Tesla sold 387,000 vehicles first quarter this year, the cybertruck is sold out past end of 2024.

At some point we have to respect both sides of the coin. Some like and buy EV’s some don’t.

To go above and beyond towards touting one’s own opinion against EV’s, keep on bashing them, trying to find any and every reason, many which are not factual, to bash EV’s probably goes a little beyond my value system.

When it comes to EV’s same as religion, I don’t argue about it, I respect the opinions of others, don’t judge them and live to make my own choices.

Have at it.
This is a discussion forum....I am discussing and if my opinion varies from others, it adds to the discussion......

The issue I am having is primarily that we here in Canada are told EV will soon be our only option to transportation..........I am also told that EV are the savior for climate change and are superior to ICE in every way....both statements I know to be false.

This is the reason I keep circling back to the EV thread.....

If EV were merely to be offered as just another conveyance, I could care less...it would be like saying someone likes Toyota over Ford which makes no never mind to me....

Hmm you’d think the Ottawa crews would have plenty of batteries with them since they’re using them commercially. Dumb planning on their part. I’ve never run out of battery in 4 years but of course it’s only one house.

This is a discussion forum....I am discussing and if my opinion varies from others, it adds to the discussion......

The issue I am having is primarily that we here in Canada are told EV will soon be our only option to transportation..........I am also told that EV are the savior for climate change and are superior to ICE in every way....both statements I know to be false.

This is the reason I keep circling back to the EV thread.....

If EV were merely to be offered as just another conveyance, I could care less...it would be like saying someone likes Toyota over Ford which makes no never mind to me....
Adding to this line of thinking, here in the U.S. there are now residential home owners associations that are passing edicts that you can't use gas operated lawn implements.

People are flocking into our state from those parts of the country. Armed with gas trimmers and lawnmowers. Lol

Hmm you’d think the crews would have plenty of batteries with them since they’re using them commercially. Dumb planning on their part. I’ve never run out of battery in 4 years but of course it’s only one house.
The crews are often times dropped off in remote locations and would have nowhere to store a large battery pack for their zero turn mowers.

Some of the parks and areas they are cutting are many acres in size and often times will take them a long time to cut.

Even the city of Ottawa admits they were hasty in their move to electric zero turns but the cost of replacing them is huge.

The electric trimmers and leaf blowers have been performing as expected and batteries are doing OK for those as they are not in high use unlike the zero turns.

Adding to this line of thinking, here in the U.S. there are now residential home owners associations that are passing edicts that you can't use gas operated lawn implements.

People are flocking into our state from those parts of the country. Armed with gas trimmers and lawnmowers. Lol
HOAs are a total nightmare......I'm surprised there hasn't been massive gun fights in those areas......

One of our members here said he wasn't allowed to park or ride his motorcycle in his subdivision due to an HOA ruling....he had to store it in a self storage and drive his car there to ride it.....

Sounds like just the kind of place to escape.

Whoever tells you EV will soon be your only option is extremely naive.

Common sense prevails, that will not happen soon, simply the fact that the consumer as well as industry won’t allow it.

It sounds as if your utility providers won’t be able to provide “soon” either to allow for that to happen.

Whoever tells you EV will soon be your only option is extremely naive.

Common sense prevails, that will not happen soon, simply the fact that the consumer as well as industry won’t allow it.

It sounds as if your utility providers won’t be able to provide “soon” either to allow for that to happen.
I agree but that is what our government is touting......and the government is actively shutting down oil exploration which will spell a crisis when the demand rises to the level it is estimated to in the coming years.

......and on top of that, our government isn't investing in updating or upgrading our utilities at the level that is necessary to support EV.

The crews are often times dropped off in remote locations and would have nowhere to store a large battery pack for their zero turn mowers.

Some of the parks and areas they are cutting are many acres in size and often times will take them a long time to cut.

Even the city of Ottawa admits they were hasty in their move to electric zero turns but the cost of replacing them is huge.

The electric trimmers and leaf blowers have been performing as expected and batteries are doing OK for those as they are not in high use unlike the zero turns.
Not EV related but similarly short sided thinking. I at one time was a utility locator. At the time our contract stated that initial locate would be within 48 hours and maintenance refresh visits would be completed every 10 days.

So often somewhere out in BFE in some road widening project or new subdivision to locate resulted to the equivalent of several miles of utilities that had to be located and identified. They would send a team out to do the initial locate. Because it had to be complete within 48 hours after request.

So a team of like 6-8 would spend 2 days on site.

Then they'd send out the refresh ticket to an individual. They'd just go straight to the jobsite. And they'd give them like 4 days to complete it. A lot of guys would quit mid job. Too hot. No place to take a break, too long a locate (some ran 20 miles)...etc. etc. etc.

So they were actually losing workforce. Which means jeopardizing the contract.

But those details were missed by the egghead's trying to count all the $$.

I actually loved those follow ups. Took every one I could.

Go away, leave me alone, I'll get it done. Never went to the office until it was done. They allowed 4 days. Nobody ever bothered to come out and check on me. We had radios. As long as I answered they knew I was functioning. Lol.

They trained the workers only one way to think. And they only knew how to manage what they used to train by.

I did the refreshes in 2 days. The other 2 days I did private locates for the crews doing the work. Our contract only stipulated what utility was marked and how it was routed. No depth measurements were contracted.

The crews needed to know depth critically. The heavy equipment could dig very precisely. But to guess at a depth took way longer. And lots of manual digging by workers. Once they learned I knew how to determine depth to within an inch, I charged $100/hr. Did that for 12 hours a day. I was booked out for weeks. They saved a buttload of $$.

I made enough for a down payment on a house in 4 months.

Thanks for the short sided thinking!!

Not EV related but similarly short sided thinking. I at one time was a utility locator. At the time our contract stated that initial locate would be within 48 hours and maintenance refresh visits would be completed every 10 days.

So often somewhere out in BFE in some road widening project or new subdivision to locate resulted to the equivalent of several miles of utilities that had to be located and identified. They would send a team out to do the initial locate. Because it had to be complete within 48 hours after request.

So a team of like 6-8 would spend 2 days on site.

Then they'd send out the refresh ticket to an individual. They'd just go straight to the jobsite. And they'd give them like 4 days to complete it. A lot of guys would quit mid job. Too hot. No place to take a break, too long a locate (some ran 20 miles)...etc. etc. etc.

So they were actually losing workforce. Which means jeopardizing the contract.

But those details were missed by the egghead's trying to count all the $$.

I actually loved those follow ups. Took every one I could.

Go away, leave me alone, I'll get it done. Never went to the office until it was done. They allowed 4 days. Nobody ever bothered to come out and check on me. We had radios. As long as I answered they knew I was functioning. Lol.

They trained the workers only one way to think. And they only knew how to manage what they used to train by.

I did the refreshes in 2 days. The other 2 days I did private locates for the crews doing the work. Our contract only stipulated what utility was marked and how it was routed. No depth measurements were contracted.

The crews needed to know depth critically. The heavy equipment could dig very precisely. But to guess at a depth took way longer. And lots of manual digging by workers. Once they learned I knew how to determine depth to within an inch, I charged $100/hr. Did that for 12 hours a day. I was booked out for weeks. They saved a buttload of $$.

I made enough for a down payment on a house in 4 months.

Thanks for the short sided thinking!!
Sounds like a lot of fun had by all.......

I didn’t find the leaf blower equal to my gas Bolens, or I would have added it. The weed eater however is excellent, my favorite purchase of the bunch.

I took this pic a while back. When you see IT you’ll chuckle.
2D5ED837-5299-4ADC-87B3-A91CF5829597.jpeg

I didn’t even notice it till I looked back at the pic.

Back