EV vehicles

This attached article shows just how unprepared the general public was/is for the mass introduction of EV

I would agree with that, but interesting to see the difference between Europe and the US.
Italy, the home of Ferrari and Lamborghini, 15% would switch back to ICE, while the US 46% would switch back, Australia 49%.

On a global warming scale, what temps are you seeing at home? We are pretty hot and dry here, first time in 5 years I have to start watering the grass.

This attached article shows just how unprepared the general public was/is for the mass introduction of EV

My biggest take away from that is the low 13% of people that did not enjoy the driving experience. In the end that's what really matters, the driving experience. Charging stations are popping up everywhere here in Springfield MO and I'm sure everywhere else in the U.S. The confidence in that will soon grow as we see more and more growth.

I would agree with that, but interesting to see the difference between Europe and the US.
Italy, the home of Ferrari and Lamborghini, 15% would switch back to ICE, while the US 46% would switch back, Australia 49%.

On a global warming scale, what temps are you seeing at home? We are pretty hot and dry here, first time in 5 years I have to start watering the grass.
The temps are up and down here much like it always has been.

I recall even as a kid it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter...global temps are up of course and nobody has convinced people that this isn't due to a natural cycle of the planet.

If the entire world were to stop using ALL fossil fuels tomorrow, it might and I mean might make a difference....other than that we are just fooling ourselves.

My biggest take away from that is the low 13% of people that did not enjoy the driving experience. In the end that's what really matters, the driving experience. Charging stations are popping up everywhere here in Springfield MO and I'm sure everywhere else in the U.S. The confidence in that will soon grow as we see more and more growth.
We'll see....

As for driving experience....what does that actually mean and how does it equate to the overall lack of preparation for the launch of mass EV to the general populace?

We'll see what the future holds....that's about all we can do.....I personally have no issues with the development of EV but I do have issues with the blatant lack of planning by governments in their implementation and development of EV for the masses.

EV's are still under huge development so in comparison:

The first gas station in the US was built in 1905. It took another two years to build the second one in 1907. The first drive in gas station opened six years later in 1913. And finally it took more than 100 years to have gas stations just about everywhere.

So I guess if you were driving around in an ICE around 1935, range anxiety would mean the same thing as with EV's today.

We'll see....

As for driving experience....what does that actually mean and how does it equate to the overall lack of preparation for the launch of mass EV to the general populace?

We'll see what the future holds....that's about all we can do.....I personally have no issues with the development of EV but I do have issues with the blatant lack of planning by governments in their implementation and development of EV for the masses.
We as in the the midwest of the U.S. are already seeing. As far as driving experience, pretty self explanatory; great throttle respose, immediate torque, very quiet...no brainer. Have you driven a good EV? My experience left me very impressed, as did my quick spin on an electric scooter.
A blatant lack of planning and infrastructure I definitely don't see, especially here. The remaining drawbacks are range and speed of charging. Both being addressed.

EV's are still under huge development so in comparison:

The first gas station in the US was built in 1905. It took another two years to build the second one in 1907. The first drive in gas station opened six years later in 1913. And finally it took more than 100 years to have gas stations just about everywhere.

So I guess if you were driving around in an ICE around 1935, range anxiety would mean the same thing as with EV's today.
Can't compare the introduction of ICE to the masses to what it is today....

We have the ability to mass produce EV and the ability to generate power for them albeit from many sources...but it still exists...

In the early 1900's nothing existed so the technology and infrastructure was completely new....that can't be said today.

We as in the the midwest of the U.S. are already seeing. As far as driving experience, pretty self explanatory; great throttle respose, immediate torque, very quiet...no brainer. Have you driven a good EV? My experience left me very impressed, as did my quick spin on an electric scooter.
A blatant lack of planning and infrastructure I definitely don't see, especially here. The remaining drawbacks are range and speed of charging. Both being addressed.
Lack of planning?

When a person can go into a dealership and buy an EV and have very little to no support, that is a lack of planning that should have been in place long before their introduction....they were set up for failure before they were even available at dealerships.

I know all about the benefits of EV as I see it with my RC vehicles that are EV......but driving experiences are different for each and every person....some appreciate what an EV offers and others don't.....many want the rumble of a V-8 even if it meant less performance....that is the experience.

The fact so many people are going from EV back to ICE speaks volumes to me.....

I saw my ar$e with Lithium stocks. Purchased at $251, went up to $330 and I was smiling. Then came down to $96.60.
Lithium prices have dropped from 600,000 Chinese Yuan to 91,500 today.

That was the only time in my life that I should have listened to Bee.

Can't compare the introduction of ICE to the masses to what it is today....

We have the ability to mass produce EV and the ability to generate power for them albeit from many sources...but it still exists...

In the early 1900's nothing existed so the technology and infrastructure was completely new....that can't be said today.
It's been a while, but I might have seen a couple of horses back then. Something did exist. If I can remember, I even saw horses pulling an ICE, like an EV on the back of a trailer. It was a long time ago though, my memory is not that good.

Lack of planning?

When a person can go into a dealership and buy an EV and have very little to no support, that is a lack of planning that should have been in place long before their introduction....they were set up for failure before they were even available at dealerships.

I know all about the benefits of EV as I see it with my RC vehicles that are EV......but driving experiences are different for each and every person....some appreciate what an EV offers and others don't.....many want the rumble of a V-8 even if it meant less performance....that is the experience.

The fact so many people are going from EV back to ICE speaks volumes to me.....
Charging stations will take time, I believe it is not as much a lack of planning as supply and demand.

Public charging stations are owned by private charging network companies. They won't invest without proper research and a reasonable chance of return on investment. They don't print money. When Tesla is under threat to miss profit forecasts, that is the first place they cut. It may need massive government subsidies to grow faster.

The whole EV project will take time, but I have no doubt that one day it will dominate, due to economies of scale and operating costs for the consumer.

Lack of planning?

It seems you’re speaking from a viewpoint in your region, and it’s probably accurate. However, here there is plenty of support given the EV buyer. The dealership I worked at has 8 charging stations available at all times, several techs trained to work on them, and a system of charging stations city wide.

It seems you’re speaking from a viewpoint in your region, and it’s probably accurate. However, here there is plenty of support given the EV buyer. The dealership I worked at has 8 charging stations available at all times, several techs trained to work on them, and a system of charging stations city wide.
Not just my region but my entire country is lacking of services for EV....

And I don't see that changing any time soon....

Charging stations will take time, I believe it is not as much a lack of planning as supply and demand.

Public charging stations are owned by private charging network companies. They won't invest without proper research and a reasonable chance of return on investment. They don't print money. When Tesla is under threat to miss profit forecasts, that is the first place they cut. It may need massive government subsidies to grow faster.

The whole EV project will take time, but I have no doubt that one day it will dominate, due to economies of scale and operating costs for the consumer.
I see it as planning, EV is a governmental initiative and if the government expects citizens to be operating EV, they have to ensure the facilities are there to do so.......people are going to push back on an unproven technology that has little to no support which in my and many other's opinions is setting the entire EV initiative up for failure.

I’ve stated that they are not for everyone or fit every application several times on this thread. I had the opportunity to drive a vehicle that I hated before I got behind the wheel. I no longer hate it. @Oz22 touch grass before it’s too late.
Before it's too late? Like before they don't sell them anymore? I bought my last three motorcycles without even test riding them. Two were bought on miserable rainy days and the other because there were none in stock, anywhere (Tenere 700) I have bought other bikes without test rides either, you don't need to in many cases if you do your homework, your research and have a sit on them, fire the engine up etc, ask the seller pointed questions and look to see if they are lying. If 99% of people say they are fantastic, Gen-3 S1000rr, Gen-2 Hayabusa, and the T7, then you know it's a winner. There are plenty of bikes I wouldn't even bother test riding because they have well known reliability issues, KTM, or super expensive maintenance costs, Ducati. They might ride just fine and lots of people buy them but lots of people take ICE and Coke and other serious drugs too so that doesn't say much does it?

But the majority of people it seems just want good reliability, longevity, resale value, those sort off things. It's why Jap bikes are such great sellers. I certainly don't hate EV's, I just look askance at them and their owners and think why? Why are you putting some conceptualized future dream ahead of common sense and the only answer I come up with is that they have more money than sense. Of course you have a totally different motivation, you work for the EV industry don't you. I see Rivian had a big boost from VW, it kicked the share price up, briefly... I write nothing into this, could just be VW wants a tax write-off, or perhaps it has something to do with carbon credits to offset their gas powered sales. There has been so much obfuscation in the EV sphere it's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes other than they are all in serious trouble now.

Tesla generated $1.79 billion from carbon credit sales last year, as revealed in their Q4 2023

VW's Carbon Footprint Sham

Greenpeace
https://www.greenpeace.de › sites › files › vw-engl

PDF

The company buys carbon credits from so-called offset projects.

Nearly Half of EV Owners in America Want to Switch Back to Gas
It's pretty damning isn't it. You know for the longest time folks like us on forums have been discussing this stuff but the general public have been feeding on the mass media, the TV etc and were oblivious to any problems. Just yesterday I was having drinks on the front deck of a neighbors and another neighbor trotted down with his new mutt, an English Pig dog. Just as stupid as the local variant but 3x the cost. anyway he's a total TV head as are most "consumers" and Neil and I don't typically talk deep stuff around him. So were talking cars and 4x4 as we usually do and he blurts out that the EV scene is in real trouble. Neil and I go "really" Yes, and he tells us about all the cars piling up across the nation and mentions that there are no charging facilities blah blah.

Of course it's nothing we didn't already know and once he's said it the topic changed but I though to myself, "These issues are going mainstream, and as usual the Media are making a disaster out of it". So to read your article above I'm not surprised. It's gonna be a real $hitshow as it unwinds too, much worse than the SPAC bubble after covid because it was totally mainstream, in everyone's minds. It will be fascinating to watch it play out! I doubt there is enough popcorn on the Planet.

It's pretty damning isn't it. You know for the longest time folks like us on forums have been discussing this stuff but the general public have been feeding on the mass media, the TV etc and were oblivious to any problems. Just yesterday I was having drinks on the front deck of a neighbors and another neighbor trotted down with his new mutt, an English Pig dog. Just as stupid as the local variant but 3x the cost. anyway he's a total TV head as are most "consumers" and Neil and I don't typically talk deep stuff around him. So were talking cars and 4x4 as we usually do and he blurts out that the EV scene is in real trouble. Neil and I go "really" Yes, and he tells us about all the cars piling up across the nation and mentions that there are no charging facilities blah blah.

Of course it's nothing we didn't already know and once he's said it the topic changed but I though to myself, "These issues are going mainstream, and as usual the Media are making a disaster out of it". So to read your article above I'm not surprised. It's gonna be a real $hitshow as it unwinds too, much worse than the SPAC bubble after covid because it was totally mainstream, in everyone's minds. It will be fascinating to watch it play out! I doubt there is enough popcorn on the Planet.
I know I wouldn't want to be driving in the northern territory in an EV.....

@Oz22 yes I work in the EV and ICE industry. Side by side, EV’s out preform their ICE counterparts in every way except for refueling however this is changing. I don’t expect you to know any of the recent battery developments or charging progress that have been made but rest assured the train is moving. Sensational doom and gloom headlines sell so I wouldn’t expect anything less than negativity until there’s some new tech to bash.
Can’t wait for the ESS/SES hate to start rolling in. ;)

Back