Lost My 17 Year Old Daughter Off the Back...

+1 Wishing her a speedy recovery...can't let the wife read this one though..she won't let our daughter mount up as it is (she's 13)

Hahahah! Your daughter is a tough cookie! Congrats!!:beerchug:

$hit happens man. Learn from it but dont beat yourself up man. I ride with my daughter(14) all the time. Every time we get on that damn bike, we know what can happen.

:whistle: Just the type of tard I am talking about. Don't bother posting again, I won't read it or respond. People like you don't need to be on a motorcycle because they are thinking they are going to wreck before it happens and eventually you will. Your buddy leaning should have been no issue unless you are about a buck 40 soaking wet.....:lol:

I have reason to doubt your reading skills and your ability to respond is laughable as well. I've been riding sportbikes for over 30 years and I seem to be doing ok so far. Try thinking BEFORE you post.

okaaaayyyyYY...well....on a brighter note?...i overheard something just the other night that lifted my heart and spirits tremendously...and as i stepped out for a cig last night (i don't smoke in the house...kids...ya know?)....my dear sweet 17 year old marissa was chatting on her cellphone to one of her boyfriends (she hasn't been permitted to go out on any official "Dates" yet)..and i didn't get to hear the 1st part but i did get to hear this...

Marissa: "I don't know.."

then something i didn't get to hear the boyfriend say and then?...the biggy..

Marissa: "NO!.....i LOVE TO RIDE!...and i just can't imagine going the rest of my life without taking anymore rides with my dad...we've been ridding together for almost 10 years ya know...i started riding with him when i was 8 years old!!!"

Boyfriend: "What kinda bike does your dad have?...a harley?"

Marissa: "no...a hayabusa"

Boyfriend: "A WHAT?!"

Marissa: "a suzuki hayabusa."

Boyfriend: "HOLY SHID!!!....NO WONDER!!!"

well...it made me feel good...and btw...another thing that makes me feel good?..is the fact that all three of my daughters have more balls than most men i know! LOL!

also?...later..after over-hearing that convo?..i let marissa know i overheard it and thanked her...letting her know how much better it made me feel cause....well?..quite frankly?...i could never imagine us never, ever riding together again and then let'er know that...not right now...but....if and when you're ever ready?..you just let me know and the first thing i'll do is buy you all new riding gear...pink & white flowery jackets and all including a new lid and gloves and even pants if you'll wear them...she smiled and then told me..thanks dad...but...i just don't wanna think about it right now...and then smiled...and then?...added the word..."yet"

also?...someone here mentioned "Vitamin E"..and i gotta tell ya'll...it works...it seems shes healing up waaaay quicker with less itchyness than with the neosporin...and thats saying a lot because i've been a life long fan of neosporin...but also?...her mother has her wiping her wounds down (intermitently) with fresh, homegrown aloe...with three sunbathing blond daughters living in south florida?...the wifes kept aloe plants growing 'round the house for the past 15 years.

so?...

Thanks everybody! and L8R, Bill. :cool:

vitiman e and sulfursilverdiozine are good stuff!
skin is soft, but it heals. lesson learned. she dosen't look detured from riding, seems to have a punkrock attitude about it all.
my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Great to hear the healing, mentally and physically, is ahead of schedule!:thumbsup:

yep...1.week, 5 days into it and the rash on her back is all but healed and gone...her right elbow is still scabbed over in a 2 1/2X6 oval but...shes doin real well...thanks folks! :thumbsup:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Bill, don't feel to bad I dumped my Wife(MyRulz) off the back the week after our honeymoon. I hit gravel leaving a stop & the bike started sliding. I saved the bike only to look in the mirrror & see her rolling down the road. She was ok, but still has a scar on her wrist.

She now has 3 bikes of her own & doesn't need to ride on the back.

Like everyone else has said %^&* Happens, let it go & take her for a ride when she gets better. You both will feel better getting back on the horse.

Jinks after the huge amount of caring and character you have shown complete strangers on this forum for years.....

I would absolutely bet money that you are an amazing father. Do amazing fathers screw up? hell yes! None of these guys are perfect, and MOST of the time they have their own guilt that is SO blinding...that when someone makes a mistake they JUMP on it to try to heal their own self-inflicted wounds.

And hey.... This is very important... this next part..

At least you didnt make her ride on the hump!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::

All joking aside, you didnt have to post this. And the people who actually care, understand why you did. Im glad shes ok.:thumbsup:

okaaaayyyyYY...well....on a brighter note?...i overheard something just the other night that lifted my heart and spirits tremendously...and as i stepped out for a cig last night (i don't smoke in the house...kids...ya know?)....my dear sweet 17 year old marissa was chatting on her cellphone to one of her boyfriends (she hasn't been permitted to go out on any official "Dates" yet)..and i didn't get to hear the 1st part but i did get to hear this...

Marissa: "I don't know.."

then something i didn't get to hear the boyfriend say and then?...the biggy..

Marissa: "NO!.....i LOVE TO RIDE!...and i just can't imagine going the rest of my life without taking anymore rides with my dad...we've been ridding together for almost 10 years ya know...i started riding with him when i was 8 years old!!!"

Boyfriend: "What kinda bike does your dad have?...a harley?"

Marissa: "no...a hayabusa"

Boyfriend: "A WHAT?!"

Marissa: "a suzuki hayabusa."

Boyfriend: "HOLY SHID!!!....NO WONDER!!!"

well...it made me feel good...and btw...another thing that makes me feel good?..is the fact that all three of my daughters have more balls than most men i know! LOL!

also?...later..after over-hearing that convo?..i let marissa know i overheard it and thanked her...letting her know how much better it made me feel cause....well?..quite frankly?...i could never imagine us never, ever riding together again and then let'er know that...not right now...but....if and when you're ever ready?..you just let me know and the first thing i'll do is buy you all new riding gear...pink & white flowery jackets and all including a new lid and gloves and even pants if you'll wear them...she smiled and then told me..thanks dad...but...i just don't wanna think about it right now...and then smiled...and then?...added the word..."yet"

also?...someone here mentioned "Vitamin E"..and i gotta tell ya'll...it works...it seems shes healing up waaaay quicker with less itchyness than with the neosporin...and thats saying a lot because i've been a life long fan of neosporin...but also?...her mother has her wiping her wounds down (intermitently) with fresh, homegrown aloe...with three sunbathing blond daughters living in south florida?...the wifes kept aloe plants growing 'round the house for the past 15 years.

so?...

Thanks everybody! and L8R, Bill. :cool:

Indeed that i got to agree that your girls sure have more guts than many men.Most of them will sell off their rides straight away when they have such a bad fall same as your daughter.

Yeah i was the one who mentioned about the vitamin E.Aloe vera is also good for the hair too.You are most welcome:beerchug:

Am glad you both get another chance. Dad of 9 year old daughter and the daddy/daughter relationship is VERY special. Best wishes.

Bill-would you mind PMing the pics to me (sans the boob pic), so I can explain to both of my daughters why I don't feel comfortable with them riding with me? They're 10 and 11 and I just do not have the confidence to let them ride at any speeds with me.--Thanks

I'd like to see the pic as well, to show my daughter (I guess I could just find pictures of road rash on you-tube though, huh ?) I have put my kids on the back a few times, but was/am never comfortable with it. I can't enjoy the ride with them, and never took them very far (no traffic). It does make me feel bad, I know they think I just don't want them to go.

It does hurt when your loved ones are hurt, and you can blame yourself. It's called being a loving father Jinks

Not to go off on a tangent but on a related note of ATGATT vs. NO GEAR....in a very unscientific poll of riders I saw on a very hot sunny day today (31C)...I probably saw 20 bikes while I was out in the car, of that 20 only 3 were wearing full gear and most were only wearing tshirts and pants/shorts. Everyone had helmets as thats the law here.

A sad day for the ATGATT supporters and health/safety practitioners everywhere.:banghead:

We live in florida and the only safety gear required by law, is eye protection. Its truly amazing how often we see people go without even that!
Its mind boggeling to think that these people just dont care about themselves enough to even wear a helmet.
"But its too hot!!" That the excuse that is always heard!!

I'd like to see the pic as well, to show my daughter (I guess I could just find pictures of road rash on you-tube though, huh ?) I have put my kids on the back a few times, but was/am never comfortable with it. I can't enjoy the ride with them, and never took them very far (no traffic). It does make me feel bad, I know they think I just don't want them to go.

It does hurt when your loved ones are hurt, and you can blame yourself. It's called being a loving father Jinks

Never mind, don't know how I missed them.

Bill,

Glad to hear she's doing well in her spirits. That smile on her face is worth a thousand words.

In addition to Vit E, also try Mederma - OTC stuff. It's great for getting rid of scars. And when I went down way back when, there was something they used called Silvadene (don't know if you need a script for that).

Back