New Shelby gt500

Ohh, the slow one...:laugh:. my son had an S500 and everything was fine until it wasn’t. Very expensive to fix those Mercs.:confused:
I'm on my second, and they can be very expensive. You can mitigate the expenses by shopping wisely, but some things are unavoidable.... regardless, I like going ridiculously fast in comfort.

I'm on my second, and they can be very expensive. You can mitigate the expenses by shopping wisely, but some things are unavoidable.... regardless, I like going ridiculously fast in comfort.

Same here. Went from a C6 to my Caddy cause I still wanted speed but with a quieter cabin. Its the old one, with a lil Northstar engine.
834416E3-0C33-4158-B974-0E9A8F3A197C.jpeg

Same here. Went from a C6 to my Caddy cause I still wanted speed but with a quieter cabin. Its the old one, with a lil Northstar engine.View attachment 1587391
I went from a Merc, (little old lady modified it) to a JB4 fbo 535i BMW, thought I'd try something different, was fast, sounded great and looked good, but I wasn't happy. Seriously considered what you have, found a black one with the red interior treatment, but at 6'6 300 lbs just wasn't comfortable in it, ended up back in a Merc. This one is pullied, cat and resonator deleted, ECU/TCU, I/C pump etc. Pulls like a frikkin freight train and room to spare. I've de-badged it, so besides the brakes and exhaust tips it looks like a garden variety S500.

I got tired of the whine pretty quickly so I changed the intake a bit. Still revs fine but now w/o the whine.

I got tired of the whine pretty quickly so I changed the intake a bit. Still revs fine but now w/o the whine.
I love the whine. Can't really hear it in my car. The video I have in my phone won't load, but I plan on doing some more video over the weekend.

CTS-V have always been a favorite of mine. Definitely a family rocket. I like the Chevrolet SS but the styling is way too bland.

I had a 2010 ctsv that put 1k to the ground. Cool car but the LSA motor isn't a good long lasting platform IMO

I had a 2010 ctsv that put 1k to the ground. Cool car but the LSA motor isn't a good long lasting platform IMO
Any motor that is putting down twice what it's rated from the factory is going to have a shorter lifespan. That being said, the LS family are proven bulletproof at stupid power levels.....

I am drooling over the new gt500, and almost pulled the trigger on a gt350. But with the price comparisons between the gt350, and a normal gt with a performance pack, we went with the regular gt.

Haha hellcats. I have yet been beat by one. Hellcat would be awesome if they had bigger tires and we're lighter. My c5 has walked a couple hellcats when driving home from work. Only car I have lost to so far was a 650 plus whp cts v.

Back