PDX GSX1300R

IMG_0747.png

IMG_0748.png

I’ll bet you haven’t been here and it’s just 40 miles or so S of Portland. The Spruce Goose (Hercules) is there along with the Spirit of St. Louis

Grew up in Michigan. Even not knowing much about the world, the riding seemed pretty dull. The glaciers made a pretty good billiard table of the state. The elevation in the lower peninsula ranges from 571 to 1,705 feet. Ouch.

Anyway, heading home next week for a reunion. If I don't make it back, I bequeath my 'Busa to Wuzza. It will be parked under Hercules...

1719011999257.png

Current situation: Making myself crazy planning my big annual ride. Suddenly 5 days is not nearly enough. Too much to see. Amusingly, my initial two, very different routes, worked out to be within 15 miles of each other for total distance.

(Gold stars = places I have been on the 'Busa.)
(Hearts = mostly military surplus stores. What can I say..?)

1719100240634.png

Could you splain your indicators on the map? Lotsa stars, and the suitcases?, hearts? Is it one or two routes?

What’s it all mean? :)

Ah, this is a sophisticated map of the places I have been on the Suzuki in the last few years (stars). Places I’d like to visit someday (suitcases). And military surplus stores (hearts).

I’ve driven more extensively around the region for work. But that was in a Subaru and I don’t like to talk about that in polite company…

Back