PDX GSX1300R

Yeah I guess I was just trying to ascertain if the bike had been dropped, but it would have had to have done on both sides since the OEM pipes are pretty scratched up, and dented, underneath too on both sides equally. If it was down they did a good repair on the plastics and all the rest of the bits, insurance would have replaced the pegs too as a matter of course. But it doesn't matter, it rides straight. Bends in the front end is the only stuff that really bothers me so when I take it in to have the heavier springs fitted I'll ask the head mechanic to give it the once over.

Falling over sitting still should only do cosmetic damage.
I've worked on several wrecked bikes too, and it can be suprising what some can withstand.
They get fairings ripped off, bars broken, lots of small damage, but frames, swingarms, forks, and triple clamps can all be measured.
Many times all is well with those parts too.
As you said, it looks good and rides straight, so I'de say it's ok.

Yeah I guess I was just trying to ascertain if the bike had been dropped, but it would have had to have done on both sides since the OEM pipes are pretty scratched up, and dented, underneath too on both sides equally. If it was down they did a good repair on the plastics and all the rest of the bits, insurance would have replaced the pegs too as a matter of course. But it doesn't matter, it rides straight. Bends in the front end is the only stuff that really bothers me so when I take it in to have the heavier springs fitted I'll ask the head mechanic to give it the once over.

You can lay over or drop a Gen2 on the stock pipes too, the pipes get some rash, but the fairings not contact the ground or be damaged, but still break pegs.

I love everything about this bike but the rear brake. It was terrible when it came to me. I bled it. Rebuilt the master. End up bleeding it every six months to get a decent pedal. Even then it’s weak.

IMG_3907-M.jpg

I love everything about this bike but the rear brake. It was terrible when it came to me. I bled it. Rebuilt the master. End up bleeding it every six months to get a decent pedal. Even then it’s weak.

View attachment 1685271

Get a stainless steel rear brake line, that will let you lock it up at will, and with no more foot pressure than normal.
That old rubber line is expanding alot, especially in the heat.
A caliper cleaning or rebuild can improve things too, as brake dust and crud build up can cause sticky caliper pistons.

Make that 3 times(maybe more, the old memory is a little sketchy anymore, lol).
As the '18 Gsxr1k, before I put on ss brake lines, the first two rear tire change left the rear brake inoperable, after alot of bleeding, it would come back.
Finally it quit, but we had the ss lines on the shelf by then.
Just moving the caliper up on to the swingarm, and putting the line in wide loop, not a kink, apparently was enough to open up a pinhole/defect inside it, and alot of air quickly went in...no fluid leak from that one either.

I have HEL lines on my bike including the rear and even with new pads it is no raving hell.....

I've found that with most bikes I've owned....the rear brakes are ok but nothing real special....

Wow, I actually regretted putting the Spiegler ss rear brake line on my Gen2(also non ABS, and front ss lines with EBC XP pads worked incredibly well), as all I needed to do was touch the pedal and it would lock up, it was like a light switch, on or off, no in between.

Wow, I actually regretted putting the Spiegler ss rear brake line on my Gen2(also non ABS, and front ss lines with EBC XP pads worked incredibly well), as all I needed to do was touch the pedal and it would lock up, it was like a light switch, on or off, no in between.
Mine aren't great......but not awful......I like to use my rear brake to scrub off speed before entering the apex...

I might switch out my rear rotor which is stock....

Mine aren't great......but not awful......I like to use my rear brake to scrub off speed before entering the apex...

I might switch out my rear rotor which is stock....

Yep, I do the same as well.
You can get a good rear rotor that's alot lighter than stock, and without breaking the bank, a few big brands offer them now.

What type of bends?
It's odd. They are dents, but not underneath, up top and the shiny one slightly to the outside.

BUSA PIPE DAMAGE-01.jpg

Pipe held in the above upright position for this second pic.

BUSA PIPE DAMAGE-02.jpg

BUSA PEG DAMAGE.jpg

If the peg had hit the ground I'd have expected to see some grinding on that surface below the rubber? The other peg is identical, like it was an engineered breakoff point like on the levers. I'm thinking too much, that what happens when you don't ride for a while lol

BUSA PEG DAMAGE-2.jpg

I have Arashis on the Busa (recommended by c-10) with Galfer braided SS lines and HH pads. I have nearly 20k on them now. My brakes work very well with 1-2 fingers on the lever which engages within an inch and a half. I can lift the rear wheel easily. The Galfer and HH pads I put on the CBX really woke up the brakes. One problem with braking the Honda is that it weighs around 600 pounds and sits on narrow wheels with 100/90/19 and 130/90/18 (usually) bias ply tires. That’s right, 90s! Needs another swingarm to run wider tires.

This is what they look like

IMG_0836.png

Last edited:
It's odd. They are dents, but not underneath, up top and the shiny one slightly to the outside.

View attachment 1685272

Pipe held in the above upright position for this second pic.

View attachment 1685273

View attachment 1685274

If the peg had hit the ground I'd have expected to see some grinding on that surface below the rubber? The other peg is identical, like it was an engineered breakoff point like on the levers. I'm thinking too much, that what happens when you don't ride for a while lol

View attachment 1685275

I'll bet that bike fell over against something, vs on to the ground, to make those top dents and break the casting of the pegs.
And that header dent, I will bet hit the road while going in or out of a parking lot, bottoming out in a low spot, I've seen alot of those over the years.
The Busa is too much weight for alot of people at low speeds, and just trying to walk it about.
My guess is that the last owner wasn't strong enough to move it around easily.

Back