PDX GSX1300R

That’s them. I put mine on @ 65k and I’m approaching 85k but it was since I moved over here in 2017. I had new fork seals then too. I’ve forgotten what I paid for them. Under $300 for three new bolt on rotors does seem like a good price. Those along with braided SS lines and HH pads is about as good as the OEM brakes can be. I’ve used HH pads and Galfer SS lines since almost new.

I'll bet that bike fell over against something, vs on to the ground, to make those top dents and break the casting of the pegs.
And that header dent, I will bet hit the road while going in or out of a parking lot, bottoming out in a low spot, I've seen alot of those over the years.
The Busa is too much weight for alot of people at low speeds, and just trying to walk it about.
My guess is that the last owner wasn't strong enough to move it around easily.

Thanks sixpack, It looks like that was the case. That dent on top was from a speedbump probably. I remember my last one tipping over twice at low speed, I caught it both times but not before the fairing scratched on the road and a lever sheared in half. Accidents happen.

Thanks sixpack, It looks like that was the case. That dent on top was from a speedbump probably. I remember my last one tipping over twice at low speed, I caught it both times but not before the fairing scratched on the road and a lever sheared in half. Accidents happen.

Yeah, it sucks...but we've all done it at some point.

I was chasing around the forest roads the other day, rough roads / many shadows. Yeah, that big dip in the road surprised me. I got off the seat, but the forks bottomed with a "clank." No dents though.

I was chasing around the forest roads the other day, rough roads / many shadows. Yeah, that big dip in the road surprised me. I got off the seat, but the forks bottomed with a "clank." No dents though.

Sounds like you need a suspension adjustment.
Put some zipties around your lower fork legs to see where you're at.
Do an emergency stop on a smooth road and see how much the forks compress.
You should have about a quarter to a third of travel left.

Screenshot_20240708-133916_Gallery.jpg

Heavier oil can be a good bandaid, as the stock Busa has 5w fork oil.
I put 7w in mine and the forks felt much more sturdy.
I have 7w in mine as well...10w seems pretty heavy....

The Progressive brand springs and Race Tech gold valves along with 7w oil made my suspension a lot better and easier to tune....

I have the sag just about perfect although the beast is a little stiff, I like it better for cornering.....

I thought the Busa came with 7w fork oil. Every time my fork seals got replaced they used 7w w/o asking me. 10w coupled with Pro springs in my ‘79 CBX (with skinny 35mm forks) transformed the handling, less dive too. From the way the front end feels on my new 82 I think it must have Pro springs in it too. The fork seals were replaced just before I got it and the work order shows 10w too. It has 39mm forks. Why Honda thought tiny forks were the way to go is beyond me. It also has air assist forks with 10-13 psi. Not sure how much the air helps.

I thought the Busa came with 7w fork oil. Every time my fork seals got replaced they used 7w w/o asking me. 10w coupled with Pro springs in my ‘79 CBX (with skinny 35mm forks) transformed the handling, less dive too. From the way the front end feels on my new 82 I think it must have Pro springs in it too. The fork seals were replaced just before I got it and the work order shows 10w too. It has 39mm forks. Why Honda thought tiny forks were the way to go is beyond me. It also has air assist forks with 10-13 psi. Not sure how much the air helps.
Hayabusas have 5w oil in them from the factory...so the manual says....

Back in the '70s all the bikes had narrow tires and skinny little forks and flexible frames....remember all the aftermarket fork braces you used to be able to get...?

Hayabusas have 5w oil in them from the factory...so the manual says....

Back in the '70s all the bikes had narrow tires and skinny little forks and flexible frames....remember all the aftermarket fork braces you used to be able to get...?

Fork braces yep, both my other CBXs had them and I have one on this one too. I appreciate having some bracing on these 39mm forks considering the weight of the fairing and how heavy the Comstar wheel is along with two huge ventilated rotors.

Nothing like trying to get exactly 10 psi in a chamber (fork) with next to no volume. Those were the days.
Ah yes the Honda and a few Kawasaki air forks.....

I remember seeing my '85 GSXR race bike for the first time at the dealership and thinking "wow, that is a serious bike" looking back now it had skinny little tires, skinny little forks, smallish brakes, a crappy anti-dive device on the front forks.......but I raced the heck out of that thing and it was really competitive....even the street version I had was a lot of bike for the day....

My '07 Goldwing is the same('01-'17 basically same bike), 35mm forks on a 940 lb bike...and only one fork has a cartridge, the other just has a damping rod, and both have puny springs, and the anti-dive basically prevents them from being able to travel their full stroke.
The triple tree is tiny too.
Basically a non adjustable 600cc sportbike front end from the 80's...hence my full Traxxion upgrade.
Pretty bad on Honda's part.

Back