PDX GSX1300R

Super cool!
I looked at the AT, took one for a test ride a couple of years back. Great machine. Then I saw the T7 and went for that. It's not as refined, possibly not as reliable, but it was over 50lb lighter and that's what sold me on it. But even at 450lb it's too heavy for some riders and they go lighter or lower still. I don't do all that much hardtop riding on it, mostly dirt and gravel roads (mostly loose gravel in fact) and I thought the lighter weight would be a benefit there. That road surface in the pic above is smooth compared to most of the stuff I ride on. Hilly winding roads covered in loose gravel, the sort of thing they use to prevent erosion I believe.

I found one of the roads I often ride, 8:30, know this one like the back of my hand

Last edited:
Fantastic!

I have great memories of my time in Arizona dual sporting around the desert. First on an LC4 640 KTM, then an plated XR650R Honda. So much fun.

MVC-004S-M.jpg

0008570-R1-033-15-M.jpg

Fantastic!

I have great memories of my time in Arizona dual sporting around the desert. First on an LC4 640 KTM, then an plated XR650R Honda. So much fun.

I wish it was like that for me! I just end up spending my days on dirt roads surrounded by farms and forest, it's ok but nothing like the freedom of the open desert. Maybe one day I'll head West, maybe one day...

OLD MAN ON BIKE.jpg

Lots to experience out there.

Deserts-In-Australia 02.jpg

Deserts-In-Australia 04.jpg

Deserts-In-Australia 05.jpg

GIRL ON DESERT.jpg

This is the way…

My first bike was a Honda 50cc, I swapped a pushbike for it, a rich kid. I was 14yo, I used to ride it up to a mountain half a mile away on the footpath, I loved that bike :)

One day I broke the fuel tap off, it was attached by a cast double ended hollow bolt, with tapered thread I think? I simply couldn't get a replacement and that was that. My brother and old man probably could have helped me mod something up or a machine shop deal but perhaps they thought it better me not being on a bike? The brakes didn't work in the end either lol. That made if fun coming down the steep bit, jammed in first, engine screaming.

honda 50.jpg

My first bike was a Honda 50cc, I swapped a pushbike for it, a rich kid. I was 14yo, I used to ride it up to a mountain half a mile away on the footpath, I loved that bike :)

One day I broke the fuel tap off, it was attached by a cast double ended hollow bolt, with tapered thread I think? I simply couldn't get a replacement and that was that. My brother and old man probably could have helped me mod something up or a machine shop deal but perhaps they thought it better me not being on a bike? The brakes didn't work in the end either lol. That made if fun coming down the steep bit, jammed in first, engine screaming.

View attachment 1685549
A neighbor just bought his 5 yr old a CRF50 as his first dirt bike.....it has these big outrigger training wheels on it.

It's ok but I told him if it were me, I would have got the Yamaha TTR50 as it has electric start and shaft drive and better training wheels that have springs in them to flex.....the Honda outriggers are solid and when they dig into the ground it spins the bike.

A neighbor just bought his 5 yr old a CRF50 as his first dirt bike.....it has these big outrigger training wheels on it.

It's ok but I told him if it were me, I would have got the Yamaha TTR50 as it has electric start and shaft drive and better training wheels that have springs in them to flex.....the Honda outriggers are solid and when they dig into the ground it spins the bike.

My friend's 10 year old son has a crf100, 4spd foot shift, with auto clutch, and that little thing is fun to ride!

My friend's 10 year old son has a crf100, 4spd foot shift, with auto clutch, and that little thing is fun to ride!
This has this as well, 4 speed foot shift with auto clutch....but for a little guy it is kick start and honestly getting to the choke and fuel switch isn't user friendly like it is on the Yamaha.....

The little Honda goes along pretty quick and looks good though.

Didn't Kenny Roberts have seminars on mini bikes back in the day? When the riders are all on the same machines, one really gains an appreciation for not scrubbing off speed on a low-power unit. That's how I got so super bitchen fast...

That they did....

That's like going in a group and paying to ride go-karts, that are all the 'same'...only Murphy's Law always lets the worst driver in the bunch get the fastest cart.
Meanwhile you stay stuck behind, foot on the floor, watching them continue to pull away, with no chance at all to get close enough for the pit manuver.
lmao
but those bikes do look like a ton of fun.

Back