Should I get a Hayabusa as my first bike?

Should I get a Hayabusa as my first bike? -

• After reading your post below, I think you'll be alright if you get one.

Votes: 79 100.0%

• Total voters
super.gif PM -->
Mr Bogus @ May 30 2008 said:
1434643[/ATTACH] PM]
I have had the fortune of riding with a number of people that admit to the Busa as a first bike... it shows and most have dropped their bikes on more than one occasion...
Well I really didn't want to get into this but heres what I think about that. What I learned at the MSF class was that all bikes ride the same. Meaning, the concept of riding the bike is basically the same whether its 1300 or a 600. The only difference really is the weight (and some other minor things). So if you ride with these guys that 'show' that the busa is their first bike, then maybe they just flat out don't know how to ride? Try pointing them to a near by MSF class.

And to the people who think its too fast of a bike to start with, so? The rider doesn't HAVE to floor it the minute he buys it  tounge.gif
if you get a little frisky on a 600 and pin it, your gonna have fun. if your on this and get a bur up your butt and nail it at the wrong time your gonna flip it and there goes Shanlings mirrors.
\

but my crank will still be good super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

If you are gettin it to "look good" and for better fuel mileage, get a 600. They are fantastic bikes, both looks and performance. And they prolly get better fuel mileage. Or even take a look at bikes like the VFR or the FJR. They are good looking bikes and get better mileage than the Busa.

super.gif PM -->
Mr Bogus @ May 30 2008 said:
1434677[/ATTACH] PM]
I have had the fortune of riding with a number of people that admit to the Busa as a first bike... it shows and most have dropped their bikes on more than one occasion...
Well I really didn't want to get into this but heres what I think about that. What I learned at the MSF class was that all bikes ride the same. Meaning, the concept of riding the bike is basically the same whether its 1300 or a 600. The only difference really is the weight (and some other minor things). So if you ride with these guys that 'show' that the busa is their first bike, then maybe they just flat out don't know how to ride? Try pointing them to a near by MSF class.

And to the people who think its too fast of a bike to start with, so? The rider doesn't HAVE to floor it the minute he buys it tounge.gif
if you get a little frisky on a 600 and pin it, your gonna have fun. if your on this and get a bur up your butt and nail it at the wrong time your gonna flip it and there goes Shanlings mirrors.
\

but my crank will still be good super.gif
you and your friggn crank!! rofl.gif

super.gif

super.gif

What're you going to crank with it when you get it? LMAO

Seriously, there are people who have gotten Busa's as first bikes but they rarely every fully develop as riders unless they get some VERY extensive coaching. As mentioned earlier, we rarely hear from them much after the fact. I hope they didn't get canked out on the road.

Another thing is, riding the Busa the speed limit around a corner can easily be way too fast for a beginner. Keep that in mind.

A GS500F or a Ninja ES500 or whatever they're pushing on a poor unsuspecting public would be a great way to learn to ride. If you think you can learn it in a couple months, get a used one or something. It would be a GREAT investment in your riding future.

These threads always scare the hell out of me. There are exceptional people who can take a Busa as a first bike and do okay. They rarely do exceptionally well. Case in point, I bought my Busa, not as a first bike but probably jumped to too large of a bike too fast. When I really started to do well, however, wasn't until after I took several classes on smaller bikes, including a VTR 250 which my wife owned at the time.

Trust me, you'll do better starting out on a smaller bike and it WILL be worth your effort to do so.

--Wag--

What're you going to crank with it when you get it?  LMAO

Seriously, there are people who have gotten Busa's as first bikes but they rarely every fully develop as riders unless they get some VERY extensive coaching.  As mentioned earlier, we rarely hear from them much after the fact.  I hope they didn't get canked out on the road.

Another thing is, riding the Busa the speed limit around a corner can easily be way too fast for a beginner.  Keep that in mind.

A GS500F or a Ninja ES500 or whatever they're pushing on a poor unsuspecting public would be a great way to learn to ride.  If you think you can learn it in a couple months, get a used one or something.  It would be a GREAT investment in your riding future.

These threads always scare the hell out of me.  There are exceptional people who can take a Busa as a first bike and do okay.  They rarely do exceptionally well.  Case in point, I bought my Busa, not as a first bike but probably jumped to too large of a bike too fast.  When I really started to do well, however, wasn't until after I took several classes on smaller bikes, including a VTR 250 which my wife owned at the time.  

Trust me, you'll do better starting out on a smaller bike and it WILL be worth your effort to do so.

--Wag--
I posted this post in another Hayabusa message board and got similar replies and poll responses. After reading the beginner's bike articles (about what the ideal first motorcycles should be and why), I realize that I should start out in a much smaller bike to have more fun and to develop skills to be a better driver in a much safer way. I'm leaning towards a brand-new 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. At $3,499 with its redesigned look, lighter dry weight, smaller engine, relatively low seat height, a 50-60 MPG fuel economy, and a more upright stance, it can't be beat. My Hayabusa dream is still alive and kicking and will only be realized after at least a year's worth of daily driving with the 250cc motorcyle. Right now, I'm just going to study for NJ's computerized knowledge test, register for a motorcycle safety school, get my license, and buy the brand-new Ninja along with the best safety equipment that money can buy. Thanks again for the opinions.

I posted this post in another Hayabusa message board and got similar replies and poll responses.  After reading the beginner's bike articles (about what the ideal first motorcycles should be and why), I realize that I should start out in a much smaller bike to have more fun and to develop skills to be a better driver in a much safer way.  I'm leaning towards a brand-new 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. At $3,499 with its redesigned look, lighter dry weight, smaller engine, relatively low seat height, a 50-60 MPG fuel economy, and a more upright stance, it can't be beat.  My Hayabusa dream is still alive and kicking and will only be realized after at least a year's worth of daily driving with the 250cc motorcyle.  Right now, I'm just going to study for NJ's computerized knowledge test, register for a motorcycle safety school, get my license, and buy the brand-new Ninja along with the best safety equipment that money can buy.  Thanks again for the opinions.
I for one am stunned! This just goes to prove that there are still people with common sense in the world. Good for you! Your decision has proved me wrong and I could not be happier about it!

thumb_up.gif thumb_up.gif thumb_up.gif hello.gif clap.gif clap.gif muscle.gif super.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

clap.gif

What're you going to crank with it when you get it? LMAO

Seriously, there are people who have gotten Busa's as first bikes but they rarely every fully develop as riders unless they get some VERY extensive coaching. As mentioned earlier, we rarely hear from them much after the fact. I hope they didn't get canked out on the road.

Another thing is, riding the Busa the speed limit around a corner can easily be way too fast for a beginner. Keep that in mind.

A GS500F or a Ninja ES500 or whatever they're pushing on a poor unsuspecting public would be a great way to learn to ride. If you think you can learn it in a couple months, get a used one or something. It would be a GREAT investment in your riding future.

These threads always scare the hell out of me. There are exceptional people who can take a Busa as a first bike and do okay. They rarely do exceptionally well. Case in point, I bought my Busa, not as a first bike but probably jumped to too large of a bike too fast. When I really started to do well, however, wasn't until after I took several classes on smaller bikes, including a VTR 250 which my wife owned at the time.

--Wag--
I posted this post in another Hayabusa message board and got similar replies and poll responses. After reading the beginner's bike articles (about what the ideal first motorcycles should be and why), I realize that I should start out in a much smaller bike to have more fun and to develop skills to be a better driver in a much safer way. I'm leaning towards a brand-new 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. At $3,499 with its redesigned look, lighter dry weight, smaller engine, relatively low seat height, a 50-60 MPG fuel economy, and a more upright stance, it can't be beat. My Hayabusa dream is still alive and kicking and will only be realized after at least a year's worth of daily driving with the 250cc motorcyle. Right now, I'm just going to study for NJ's computerized knowledge test, register for a motorcycle safety school, get my license, and buy the brand-new Ninja along with the best safety equipment that money can buy. Thanks again for the opinions.
Way to man up and do the right thing! Your Busa dream will come true and it'll be all the sweeter for having waited. thumb_up.gif

I am very surprised you listened. I'm even more happy about it. I don't know you but I do worry about any new rider. You are going to be VERY happy with your decision short term and even more long term. clap.gif to you.

DON'T THINK YOU CAN'T POST HERE, RESPOND HERE, OR ASK QUESTIONS HERE just because this is "HAYABUSA.0RG" does not mean only busa owners find home here. Shoot we even let Ducati guys hang out here laugh.gif

Enjoy the new skoot, I know you will. AND BE CAREFUL.

Please post us pics of the new bike when you get it ThumbsUp.gif I would like to have one of those myself. They are great twistie bikes to have fun on.

P.S. I withdraw my dibs on your crank now biggrin.gif

DON'T THINK YOU CAN'T POST HERE, RESPOND HERE, OR ASK QUESTIONS HERE just because this is "HAYABUSA.0RG" does not mean only busa owners find home here. Shoot we even let Ducati guys hang out here laugh.gif
That's the great thing about this site, it doesn't matter what you ride, you wont get bashed if it's somethin other than a Busa.

I for one am stunned! This just goes to prove that there are still people with common sense in the world. Good for you! Your decision has proved me wrong and I could not be happier about it!

thumb_up.gif thumb_up.gif thumb_up.gif hello.gif clap.gif clap.gif muscle.gif super.gif
Awesome. Never thought I'd see it either. Damon, you'll do well as a rider. Patience is the key here.

Please keep us posted. Even though you don't have a Busa yet, you have one in your heart and along the way, we'd love to see your path to getting one.

--Wag--

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

clap.gif

well im one of the guys who started out on a busa for a first sport bike, learned the basics on a softtail but i kinda wish i had a smaller bike too. i've rolled 4600 miles in a lil over a year, without incident but i still wish i kinda had a "toy" bike like a sv650 or a ninja 500 to play around and toy with, cause i do realize how easy it is to get in trouble on the bus cause the throttle is so sensitive. my buddie has a sv and i have a blast tossing that around in the corners

Welcome to the .oRg! great people here....

does not matter what the information is you posted IMO

Busa makes a fine "beginner" bike...

wheres my picture at?....
Mightay fine beginner bike,, mightayyyyy finne.

This is from the last wreck i witnessed. Homey of mine been on cruisers for a good while. Decides to move up to a 08 busa. This is 700 miles later.
I was behind the 2 other riders and i took off in the twisties and he decided to follow me. I went off and recovered (skid mark at the top). He just went off (mark at the bottom).
IPHONE645.jpg
IPHONE649.jpg
IPHONE648.jpg
He rode off with only a knoted up arm cause he had a jacket on. The moral is that you have to be crazy to buy the biggest baddest most diffucilt to ride bike and have absolutely no experience with the sheer speed danger and advanced control methods involved in riding one.

I dont recmmend a hayabusa. A 600 is lighter on gas gets to screaming when piped right. No need to be doing 130 mph in 3rd gear to get the revs up like a busa has to do.

There is verry few situations that you can even use a hayabusas power.

Pics of the 250 are a must, stick around and call this place home for a while

Yes, I know about the sticky up top and read most of the first three pages.  It's very good information, but I want specific opinions based on my information below.  Please read.
-----------------------------------
This is my first post.  Please let me introduce myself and the reason why I created this thread.  I'm a 30-year-old, slim, athletic, 5'6", 142 lb., Filipino male.  I work out in the athletic club on a daily basis and I love to strengthen my legs by frequently hitting the squat rack and doing split squats and lunges.  I'm the original owner of a 2002 Camaro Z28 and a 2006 Pontiac GTO.  I've never gotten a speeding ticket on either car as I'm a very mature driver and, these days, I just like to conserve fuel by driving no faster than the posted speed limit on the highway.  I'm thinking about buying a brand-new, 2008 Hayabusa as my first bike for two reasons:

1.  I want to look good and I think the Hayabusa is the most beautiful-looking motorcycle in the planet.
2.  I want to get much better fuel economy in the city.  (Currently, I'm only getting 16 MPG and 17 MPG in the GTO and Z28 respectively.)  I want this motorcycle as my daily driver.  ( I will NOT consider any other motorcycle!)

My goal is not to be a professional bike racer or to drive the bike as fast as possible in any direction.  I basically want to go from point A to point B while looking good and getting better fuel economy in almost every day of the week.  To minimize any harm done from any accident, I want to maintain the proper disciplines:

1. Drive no faster than the posted speed limit--especially in the highway so that I can conserve fuel.
2. Wear full protective gear at all times.
3. Minimize night-time driving.
4. Eliminate driving past 10:00 PM to avoid the drunk drivers.

I will also take the Motorcycle Safety Driving Program.  I just have a question with that: should I practice on a motorcycle first before taking the class or can a 100%, true beginner take the class and succeed?

I understand that I will not be utilizing the full capabilities of the motorcyle, but like I said above, that isn't my goal.  Anyway, I need some opinions.  Based on the info above, how successful do you think I will be with a Hayabusa as my first ever motorcyle?  Thank you in advance for the opinion.
You sound sweet  cheerleader.gif

Back