SoCal ride 2008!!  May 2nd, 3rd & 4th

Cant Make the Ride I just got a job offer in San Diego... Well Rancho Bernardo.  So I will be on my last week with Lockheed and out processing I hope everyone has fun and stay safe.
Then we will be neighbors....
Tammy: time to pick an avatar!

I'm leaving for Calgary on Thursday morning, so I won't be at bike night this week.

Enjoy~

See you next week, lucious.

Cant Make the Ride I just got a job offer in San Diego... Well Rancho Bernardo.  So I will be on my last week with Lockheed and out processing I hope everyone has fun and stay safe.
Then we will be neighbors....
Tammy:  time to pick an avatar!

I'm leaving for Calgary on Thursday morning, so I won't be at bike night this week.

Enjoy~

See you next week, lucious.
I tried but it doesnt work when I try to pick my own picture to put in the Avitar. I need help cause I am not computer savy.

That sucks that I wont see you on thursday....
sad.gif

I ran into a couple cool dudes up on the crest yesterday and today. One of them rides a Busa and is a member here. I told him to check out this ride and he said they might make the Sunday ride
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

And if he reads this, bring all the friends you want man, they don't have to ride a Busa
winkold.gif

beerchug.gif

OK, here are meet points and meet times!

Friday;

9am @ San Juan Capistrano
Chevron Gas Station
27112 Ortega Hwy 92675

9:40ish we'll hook up with Devil Dog and Ba Busa coming the opposite direction, they'll join us and continue.

10:40am Just below Palomar Mtn
Stage Stop Market
17128 Hwy 76 92061

Saturday;
Meet point is still to be determined, but it will probably be at the hotel in Beaumont.
Meet time is 9am

Sunday;
8am at Santa Monica
Chevron Gas Station
1732 Lincoln Blvd. 90404

If you miss these meet times, hook up with us somwhere down the route.  The routes are all posted.  And so are the lunch points.
Lunch on Friday is in Warner Springs
Lunch on Saturday is in Wrightwood
Lunch on Sunday will be in Ventura, though the spot has not been picked yet.  There are tons of restruants there  
winkold.gif

My cell is 310 415-6859

I'll probably meet yah somewhere around 10ish... half .. assleeeeeeeep in B bear.. or I'll call prior to .. 9 am ..
thumb_up.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>***UPDATE***</span>
The morning meet point for Saturday is at Dennys at 9am.
449 E. 4th St

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Friday;

9am at San Juan Capistrano
Chevron Gas Station
27112 Ortega Hwy 92675

9:40ish we'll hook up with Devil Dog and Ba Busa coming the opposite direction, they'll join us and continue.

10:40am Just below Palomar Mtn
Stage Stop Market
17128 Hwy 76 92061

Saturday;
9am at Dennys
449 E. 4th St.

Sunday;
8am at Santa Monica
Chevron Gas Station
1732 Lincoln Blvd. 90404

If you miss these meet times, hook up with us somewhere down the route. The routes are all posted. And so are the lunch points.
Lunch on Friday is in Warner Springs
Lunch on Saturday is in Wrightwood
Lunch on Sunday will be in Ventura, though the spot has not been picked yet. There are tons of restaurants there
winkold.gif

My cell is 310 415-6859 [/quote]

woo hooo!

Man, I can't wait for this. Going to weather.com right now to check out the 10-day forecast.

I ran into a couple cool dudes up on the crest yesterday and today.  One of them rides a Busa and is a member here.  I told him to check out this ride and he said they might make the Sunday ride  
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

And if he reads this, bring all the friends you want man, they don't have to ride a Busa  
winkold.gif
So, Charles...have you decided which bike to bring?

I'm still hopin' you'll bring the advedrtised 'filthiest' busa on the board!
laugh.gif

Anyway, cool. Nicely done on the organization of this event.

beerchug.gif

What's the pace on these rides? Would I have to bring my GSXR to keep up with you guys through the canyons.

as far as the B.bear ( Rim of the World ) portion of the ride the weather..has been and will usualy stay at is 65 to 75
thumb_up.gif
..about 1 p.m. is peak heat hr.. there is still snow in certian area's ( northside of the mountians ) or shaded areas.. other than that.. weathers perfect.
cool.gif

Red07 ....as far as your GSXR .. ( we all have them just differant sizes
cool.gif
) you will fit it perfectly .. not everyone runs at a high speed .. we tend to < enjoy > the ride.. and the site's.
beerchug.gif

So, Charles...have you decided which bike to bring?

I'm still hopin' you'll bring the advedrtised 'filthiest' busa on the board!  
laugh.gif
Its a tire thing for me. I am going to go through 6 sets of tires this year between the two bikes
wowold.gif

So after I finish Buttonwillow this Tuesday, I'll take a look at the tire wear. Basically I can't afford to waste good track rubber on the street. But even if the tires say ride the 750, I could ride the Busa 1 day. 1 day wouldn't kill it
winkold.gif

What's the pace on these rides?  Would I have to bring my GSXR to keep up with you guys through the canyons.
The pace is your own pace.

There are fast guys and there are slow guys. I think there will even be at least one bike carrying 2 people.

Basically I'll take off in front. Everyone behind runs their own pace. Don't worry about keeping up, ride your own ride. Just go straight down the road. At every point we make a turn, I stop and wait for everybody. So there is no need to try and keep up, we wait for everyone.

Typically you'll end up finding people who run the same speed and be able to ride with someone if you like to.

On straight roads, I typically ride just above the speed limit. So the whole group should be together. But when the road gets twisty, that's when you'll see the group spread out.

Passing should only be done on the straights, especially if you don't know the person you're passing very well. However, if you're passing a riding bud, you guys can pass each other any which way you want. You're buds.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>****LOOK HERE****</span>

I have 3 extra rooms at the hotel on Friday night. So far I have myself, Ba Busa, Lamb, and Scar staying. If anyone else is wanting to stay at the hotel, speak up now. I'll be dropping the spare rooms in a couple days.

I have 3 extra rooms at the hotel on Friday night.  So far I have myself, Ba Busa, Lamb, and Scar staying.  If anyone else is wanting to stay at the hotel, speak up now.  I'll be dropping the spare rooms in a couple days.
How much is it for a room?

I have 3 extra rooms at the hotel on Friday night. So far I have myself, Ba Busa, Lamb, and Scar staying. If anyone else is wanting to stay at the hotel, speak up now. I'll be dropping the spare rooms in a couple days.
How much is it for a room?
America's Best Value Inn
625 E. Fifth St
951 845-2185

Each room has 2 queen beds. So at the moment I'm assuming 2 people a room, unless some of us want to go 3 or 4 to reduce the per person cost.

Its $70 plus tax for the night of 5/2(Friday).

http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=638

This isn't a 5 star hotel. So if you're a high roller, you might want to make other plans at a Ritz or something
winkold.gif

Back