SoCal ride 2008!!  May 2nd, 3rd & 4th

Yeah! Lamb is home. 3 days 1062 miles. Twisty coma today. Wow oh Wow! Thanks for all who attended and rode. All smart riders. THANK YOU!

Well, all...it was absolutely a fantastic weekend. Friday-Sunday dawn 'til dusk...ride, ride, ride. Minimal slab-time and tons and tons of twisties.

There was one driving award issued, but no crashes or losses in any other vein.

It was great to meet all of those who showed; we are truly an amazing family.

I have hours and hours of video which I'll start to edit tomorrow; and as well, a huge cache of still pix to share.

Thank you, Charles, for a very well organized event, for your hospitality, and for your advice to all before we launched on any particularly technical stretch of curves.

What a blast.

I took tomorrow off from work as well, to recuperate and to edit video...hopefully you all will find something enjoyable in the future postings.

Best to all.

Scar

Great day.
Vinnie: Can you re-size this pic? Promises to be good...but a little small for tired eyes.

sadnews.gif

It's a cellphone pic.....not sure how to?

Can't wait for your video and pics......

DD
Send the original to me (allaboutscar@gmail.com) and I'll see what I can do.

I must tell you, bro...you are so much fun to be around and you seem to bring out the best in others... I'm so glad to have been able to spend more time with you. I have a couple of really nice shots of your mug...I'll send you the hi-res pix if you get me your e-mail.

Scar

DD

I must tell you, bro...you are so much fun to be around and you seem to bring out the best in others...  I'm so glad to have been able to spend more time with you.  I have a couple of really nice shots of your mug...I'll send you the hi-res pix if you get me your e-mail.

Scar
check ur email

DD

I must tell you, bro...you are so much fun to be around and you seem to bring out the best in others...  I'm so glad to have been able to spend more time with you.  I have a couple of really nice shots of your mug...I'll send you the hi-res pix if you get me your e-mail.

Scar
check ur email
Did you send that directly from your phone?

Another great ride today.  Sorry I had to bail out after Big Bear.  Had to pick-up my son.  Thanks for arranging this Charles.  Count me in every year.  Thanks also to Rdkill and the missus for accommodating us.  Thanks also to all you guys who attended today.  You're all bunch of great guys.  Next time there's a local ride be sure to count me in.
beerchug.gif
It was awesome to meet you!!

Another dude with a Busa and a Gixxer
winkold.gif

Don't we rock
egitarre77.gif
super.gif

BTW, we didn't know you split off. Since RdKill was going home anyway, he made a sweeper run just to make sure you didn't have a mishap...
poke.gif
We were 99% sure you went home, but we had to make it 100%.
winkold.gif

You and I should hit the crest sometime!

winkold.gif

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/KoK-LoL/100_6573.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/KoK-LoL/100_6574.jpg

easier to provide links rather than resize the darn things.
Was great ride, Man can these guys fly! Saturday I was the proud owner of the back of the pac but still pushed the envelope, Built some confidence. The guys ahead of me where like watching sincronzed racing. They where freaking awesum.
I'm glad both of you made the ride again!!

Too bad the R1's fork seals let go. Did he make it to the shop OK??

Went for an abbrievated ride (minus the Crest). Awesome day. Felt super good and the pace wasn't hysterical. Basically just cruising except did some intentional knee dragging along the way. Hadn't been on a ride like this since the 2006 SoCal ride. But it sure felt good to be on the bike and street riding again as I spent most of last year track riding exclusively. I removed the race bodywork and put the street plastics + lights back on. Still had the slicks though. I didn't realize I had such awesome twisty roads in my backyard. Thanx to Charles for organizing this ride and finding all these sweet roads. Now I found my practice site for upcoming trackdays.

Anyways, it was great seeing all my bros-Charles, Rich (fresh from Deals Gap and still yet to ride another 400+miles back to NorCal--Santa Clara), Vinny, Brian (Lamb), as well as meeting new faces along the way...Scar (absolutely cool dude and sweet 08), KoKLOL, Red05, RdKill, James with a "Z"  
tounge.gif
 (great rider-didn't realize he was the one on my exhaust pipe when I was tailing Lamb and Charlesbusa on the 138 just before the I-15. There was a guy on an R1 but I didn't get his name and I think he eventually broke from the group due to a busted right fork seal.

I don't have pics b/c I was pretty sure someone else would take the pics. Anyhow, all in all, a great ride.
Glad you got into the ride with us!!
beerchug.gif

Who else can display the Power Ranger pose for the camera
laugh.gif

good to  re-visit and meet the  newer boys .. ( BA ..im jealous ! )  good ride...to bad I could not make the whole 3 day adventure... but I'm still lookin for that Gxxr .. !! or he could of been the guy I passed on the way down..
LOL!!

The gixxer(Red07) made it home! Thanks for running back to make sure
beerchug.gif

And you are one awesome dude to open up your house for a break with beverages
woot.gif

Wow, what a great ride today. Special thanks goes out to Charles for putting this all together. This was a great group of guys to go riding with.

Final reading on the trip gauge 503.4 miles!!!!! But I was commuting from Beaumont.

We got to see one of these at the rock shop:
DSCN6128.jpg

Some other things I learned on this ride were:
- There are many great roads in the SM mountains that I need to go explore more often.
- That a Busa can perform off-road just as well as it performs on-road given the right tires (well, almost).
- I learned what a Peksi is (What, I never knew before).

So once again thanks to everyone the ride today. I had a great time and am looking forward to the next one.
laugh.gif

Isn't 4 year old technology da'bomb
whistling.gif

Glad you made the ride with us!!
cool.gif

That ducati is soo sweet!!
drools.gif
drools.gif

drools.gif

Well, all...it was absolutely a fantastic weekend.  Friday-Sunday dawn 'til dusk...ride, ride, ride.  Minimal slab-time and tons and tons of twisties.

There was one driving award issued, but no crashes or losses in any other vein.

It was great to meet all of those who showed; we are truly an amazing family.

I have hours and hours of video which I'll start to edit tomorrow; and as well, a huge cache of still pix to share.

Thank you, Charles, for a very well organized event, for your hospitality, and for your advice to all before we launched on any particularly technical stretch of curves.

What a blast.

I took tomorrow off from work as well, to recuperate and to edit video...hopefully you all will find something enjoyable in the future postings.

Best to all.

Scar
It was a blast riding with you again Scar!

Can't wait to see some of that video! You gotta have 12 hours worth
wowold.gif

Back