SoCal ride 2008!!  May 2nd, 3rd & 4th

Great ride though, beautiful day, couldn't ask for better weather.

You guys shoulda come. In Ojai, they had 2 college girls wearing nothing but short shorts and stickers over their nipples. AND they were on roller skates. Advertising something, the banner was in their hands, I wasn't looking at their hands
cool.gif
Ah, those Ojai girls...get 'em in a hot tub with some good wine and its anything goes....

Great day for a ride, lucky kid
winkold.gif

In Ojai, they had 2 college girls wearing nothing but short shorts and stickers over their nipples.  AND they were on roller skates.  Advertising something, the banner was in their hands, I wasn't looking at their hands  
cool.gif
Ah, those Ojai girls...get 'em in a hot tub with some good wine and its anything goes....
You sound like you're talking from experience  
zzwhip.gif

Have you been holding out on us  
cursin.gif

So was it the A cup girl or the C cup girl you were in the hot tub with  
muscle.gif

woot.gif

Thats sunday's ride? Damn! Lamb lives 125 miles from this location. That would make the mileage for that day........................OMG! 500! someone needs an oil change after this ride.

Thats sunday's ride?  Damn!  Lamb lives 125 miles from this location.  That would make the mileage for that day........................OMG!  500!  someone needs an oil change after this ride.
Ahhh,

Rich is gonna have you beat. He's gonna ride from the Bash to my house, then all 3 days of the SoCal ride, then ride home to Santa Clara. He might get near 4 grand for the week
wowold.gif

OK, tomorrow I'm off to test ride one of the routes.  Basically its the Santa Monica Mts, Ojai, Grimes Canyon, and back to the Santa Monica Mts.

I'll post back up mileage and meet points with proposed times.  
cool.gif
We could go for Lockwood Valley or Cerro Noreste that day for extra credit  
winkold.gif

Although that dumb creek that crosses Lockwood near the 33 will probably turn that area of the road into an ice-rink.
I've never been on Cerro Noreste, but looking at it on mapquest, it looks insane!!
super.gif
super.gif

That river crossing is horrible. Since water constantly runs over the road, moss grows on it making it slick as he!!. 2 years ago on a SoCal event ride, Nanwag went down on it and I nearly went down myself. Even though both of us were being cautious going across.

But, we just don't have the time to add that to the trip. We'd have to cut out the Santa Monica Mts and and a LOT more freeway riding, yuck.

We'll have to plan a 2 day trip up there somtime
winkold.gif

super.gif

winkold.gif

The route for Sunday's ride;

Meet at:
CHEVRON STATION
1732 LINCOLN BLVD
SANTA MONICA,CA 90404

Time to be determined

Then we gas up and ride on PCH, Las Flores, Piuma, Las Virgenes, Mulholland, Kanan, 101, 23(Grimes Canyon), 126, 150, Gas up in Ojai then up the 33-Turn around at the Lockwood Valley intersection-33, 101, eat lunch in Ventura and Gas up again, S Las Posas, PCH, Mulholland, Lechusa, west on Encinal Canyon, PCH, Decker Canyon, Lechusa, east on Encinal Canyon, S Kanan Dume, Latigo Canyon, PCH back to the Chevron station we started at.

Hey Lamb,

You're gonna LOVE Decker Canyon, it has attitude  
firedevil.gif

Here's a zoom in closer step by step to show you just how tight these hairpins are.  Trust me, Palomar is like a Super Speedway compared to these two switchbacks  
bowdown.gif

qp.jpg

The plan is coming together, here is a general plan. I'll get more specific(times,miles,meet points) as I test ride the routes.

For Friday's ride: The San Diego Run

Start point will be I5 and Ortega Hwy. However, depending on where you live, you may want to hook up in either Temecula or Pala. Then its up Palomar, thru Julian, down banner grade, up montezuma, over to 7 levels, thru Idylwild and ending in Banning.

Expect this ride to be just under 400miles. I'll post more details after test riding it.

Instead of riding back to LGB and those horrid freeway miles, some of us are going to shack up in a hotel in Banning. Especially since the next day's ride starts close by and we'd have to endure the exact same freeway miles the next morning. I'll be looking into getting a group/federal employee rate and I'll post up more details later.

Attachments

• qp.bmp
    145.8 KB · Views: 96
Saturday's Ride: Big Bear to the Crest

Meet point for those who aren't spending the night in Banning TBD.
First we'll head out to Big Bear, Rim of the World, Wrightwood for Lunch(Grizzly Cafe 1455 St. Hwy 2 Wrightwood, CA 92397), Mt. Emma Rd, Angeles Forrest Hwy, Newcomb's Ranch, Angeles Crest Hwy to Flintridge.

Expect this ride to be under 300 miles, the short one
tounge.gif

Hopefully Owen won't get a flat this year
thumb_up.gif

Attachments

• qp.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 121
Hey Charles, meeting you guys in Banning would definately save me a lot freeway miles.
I'm riding over Friday so I will be meeting you all in Banning. Very cool.

Definately looking forward to it.  Haven't ridden any good miles in a long time.  I ridden some of the roads Palamar and the Borego area.  But none of the ones up north.  I know it will be a blast.
egitarre77.gif

beerchug.gif

Here's to Danny coming all the way from Arizona just to ride with us SoCal peeps. Can't wait to see you again my friend.
Thanks, I appreciate it. It will be great to ride with you guys again.

Maybe I'll be able to make this ride. Time keeps coming up so fast!

Went flying today and got this shot of the 243 dropping down into Banning (the town on the left):

banning_243.jpg

well.. I'm in ( Rim of the World ) ...area now .. so I should be able to ride when you guys/gals ...roll thru here ..
beerchug.gif

Back