StreetShark's Hayabusa

I do plan on getting an Evil arm at some point. I personally like DME more but they are quite a bit more expensive.

This winter I’m going back to my tank plans. I was supposed to get a carbon tank from a pretty well known race shop that took my money and never even started the tank after most of the spring and almost all summer. So I’m just going to get a Montgomery shell and have a local guy make me a cell. I believe this alone should get me to my 450lb goal. Everything after that is just extra
I'd reccomend dme trust me, I've seen a few people bend fully braced evil swing arms at only 300whp. Dme is way stronger unbraced than a evil swing arm fully braced.

I'd reccomend dme trust me, I've seen a few people bend fully braced evil swing arms at only 300whp. Dme is way stronger unbraced than a evil swing arm fully braced.
Actually I’ve gone back to Evil, DME, and Trac and at the end of the day all 3 are closer than I remember so I probably will end up going with DME. I’ve gotten a few other parts from them for the bike and have been impressed so far so I might as well keep on going with them.

Made some tweaks today and will be doing some more testing tomorrow with the nice 70 degree weather we have coming

8F3B0A1D-E3A1-48AA-991F-67D0F184080B.jpeg

Your bike looks sick! I'm wanting a similar look on my red 20. I've been eying the carbon seat and headlight insert from Montgomery. I may go with extensions before dropping the 1600+ for a dme arm.
Honestly I thought DME was more expensive than they are. If you’re not going super crazy and just go for a basic arm you’ll end up somewhere between $1000-1200. Aluminum or chromoly... Really isn’t actually that bad. Im curious what the weight difference between the two is.
1A14A297-EDCA-4D3F-8AE2-E5184234B054.png

D3C45F5F-380B-48A5-8303-5D05124DC896.png

Honestly I thought DME was more expensive than they are. If you’re not going super crazy and just go for a basic arm you’ll end up somewhere between $1000-1200. Aluminum or chromoly... Really isn’t actually that bad. Im curious what the weight difference between the two is.
View attachment 1643363

View attachment 1643364
They weigh about the same, maybe DME a little heavier but all the top guys run DME for a reason, you also don't need the brace I've seen guys run high 6's with DME no brace. The evils just twist even on lighter bikes like H2's, I like to buy things once not twice.

I installed nitrous and am wanting to install the bottle in the arm if possible. Im wanting to go no more than 6in over stock and believe a bottle can be fitted. Not sure if the tire hugger is absolutely needed but I'm wanting to go with that along with carbon chain guard. Then chain, sprockets and brake lines. It adds up quick! So may just go with extensions for now and save for the arm lol.

How do you like the bump seat?

Screenshot_20211107-062053.png

I installed nitrous and am wanting to install the bottle in the arm if possible. Im wanting to go no more than 6in over stock and believe a bottle can be fitted. Not sure if the tire hugger is absolutely needed but I'm wanting to go with that along with carbon chain guard. Then chain, sprockets and brake lines. It adds up quick! So may just go with extensions for now and save for the arm lol.

View attachment 1643369
Tire hugger isnt needed, the bottle sits upside down in the swingarm so you have to be careful not to not the valve off street riding, dme also makes a bottle bracket I like the bracket more if I was to street ride.

Screenshot_20211107-110151_Samsung Internet.jpg

Gotcha. I dont have to worry about some of the extras you need since I already have extensions and will be setting the bike up very similarly to how it is now with a full arm.

The bump seat is awesome. Perfect size for me to keep me where I need to be. I have a 30" waist and weigh 145lbs so the stock seat left quite a bit of room to move around.

Is that a CF tank or a cover? Looks awesome. If it's a tank then you would have to feel the lightness on the road?
This is the Montgomery tank replacement. It’s a carbon shell with a 1.5 gallon aluminum fuel cell. It weighed 5lbs 1 oz on my scale.

I haven’t been able to ride the bike with it yet. I just swapped the pump out yesterday and test fit on the bike. It was 20° where I live yesterday. That would be a chilly ride.

I find it amazing at how many seriously well set up Hayabusas are on this forum....

The list is a long one...Willie's, Toad's, yours, JoeSTI's, Chris Moore's, Bryan's (when he had it), MatthewRussell's soon to be Viper's....and the list just keeps going on and on...

Makes it nice to be here and live vicariously through you guys...

I find it amazing at how many seriously well set up Hayabusas are on this forum....

The list is a long one...Willie's, Toad's, yours, JoeSTI's, Chris Moore's, Bryan's (when he had it), MatthewRussell's soon to be Viper's....and the list just keeps going on and on...

Makes it nice to be here and live vicariously through you guys...
Don't forget Dai's and 1Busa' too.

Back