StreetShark's Hayabusa

Got home late from work this afternoon, but I got and installed a correct length Woodcraft shift rod. Tweaked the kill time on the shifter and did a couple test runs with it. Coming back I liked my yellow street light on the bike so here are some pics.

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Super clean!

Any Swing arm plans? That should drop quite a few pounds compared to what u got now
I do plan on getting an Evil arm at some point. I personally like DME more but they are quite a bit more expensive.

This winter I’m going back to my tank plans. I was supposed to get a carbon tank from a pretty well known race shop that took my money and never even started the tank after most of the spring and almost all summer. So I’m just going to get a Montgomery shell and have a local guy make me a cell. I believe this alone should get me to my 450lb goal. Everything after that is just extra

If it’s the style of the dme u like vs the evil, If you catch a deal on a trac dynamics swingarm, go that route-just check the delivery time upfront, sometimes he can take a few month. Dme, velocity, and others are “basically” copies of trac, there’s some differences of course but trac was the first beefy extruded aluminum swing arm to come out Mass produced to my knowledge. The skinny chromoly arms like the evil and others, make the Busa look like it skipped leg day since the frame is beefy aluminum lol just personal opinion, your bike your money of course. I think I got mine new from trac for like $600, they just happen to have a deal going. 2 week delivery time.

Thanks! I used to travel around a lot and take photos of cars for people and do car show coverage and what not. I mainly just do it for myself now and not really even that often but I just can’t accept phone photos of my stuff anymore haha

Damnit, I didn’t realize that. I assumed it was like my old car forums. I used to be able to edit my original first post and keep it updated with the most current setup and then the first couple posts would be dedicated to different mod types.

This bike is my new daily so I mainly ride it about 50 miles a day to work/store. I do enjoy racing it in Mexico though. I also have a GSX-R 750 that I’m going to do some track days with this year. I plan on doing Blackhawk Farms and Road America this year.

Lol I must’ve just not been paying that much attention to what I typed. And now I can’t edit *facepalm* I screwed this whole post up
When you do road AMERICA let me know I’ll see you there on my Busa

If it’s the style of the dme u like vs the evil, If you catch a deal on a trac dynamics swingarm, go that route-just check the delivery time upfront, sometimes he can take a few month. Dme, velocity, and others are “basically” copies of trac, there’s some differences of course but trac was the first beefy extruded aluminum swing arm to come out Mass produced to my knowledge. The skinny chromoly arms like the evil and others, make the Busa look like it skipped leg day since the frame is beefy aluminum lol just personal opinion, your bike your money of course. I think I got mine new from trac for like $600, they just happen to have a deal going. 2 week delivery time.
$600 is a damn good price. I’ll look into Trac. DME looks to be starting just north of $1k and Evil is quickly approaching $1k with the basic options that most people will choose.

Love those quickshifters....

There's nothing slow about that bike....it is reminding me of EJR's Megatron more and more....

I notice the similarities myself. He’s moving faster than me since I had my bike a couple years before he got his but our thought process is kind of similar in the way we’re going about things. Different order maybe, I just have to take more time without as much expendable income lol

I notice the similarities myself. He’s moving faster than me since I had my bike a couple years before he got his but our thought process is kind of similar in the way we’re going about things. Different order maybe, I just have to take more time without as much expendable income lol
Yes....they can become a bottomless pit pretty easy as there is just so much aftermarket goodies out there....a fun (but expensive) hobby for certain.

I find it hard to restrain myself from falling into that quagmire....but so far so good.

Back