The issues of the world......

I don't know if I'm a sexist....I don't think so.....but I might be.....

I have 5 grand daughters and have always enforced to them that they are able to do whatever they want in life and not to be held back just because they are female......if one day they find that special someone to make sure they are happy in that relationship and not settling because they didn't set themselves up for the future.....

However......I've been married 33+ yrs and my wife is a traditional woman, she likes it when I open doors including my pick up truck, she likes it when we go out for ice cream or dinner that I pay, she insists that I drive going so far as when she came to pick me up at the dealership when I was getting work done to my truck, she stopped, got out and went to the passenger seat....she wears dresses and likes to be a woman....

She expects me to be a man, she expects me to do traditional work men normally used to do-cut grass, shovel snow, garbage, killing things, etc....

She will cut grass and shovel if she needs to but I ensure she doesn't.

I normally cook and clean around the house because I'm retired and she's still working but if I am helping a neighbor and we run late, she makes sure there is a meal waiting when I come in the house.....

We are a bit unique I think because of the time I spent away while deployed so much....she had to learn to be independent. Some times she gets a little too independent and I reel her in to remind her that I am the man of the house.....not her....she generally gets a laugh out of that and then settles down a bit.....and then tells me that I'm right and it isn't woman's work........maybe she's a sexist....?
You know what Bee. You and your wife and family are all that really matter as to what you are. I am not going to explain my role with any woman I'm with to anybody else. It's really irrelevant what they think. It's none of their business.

Last edited:
You know what Bee. You and your wife and family are all that really matter as to what you are. I am not going to explain my role with any woman I'm with to anybody else. It's really irrelevant what they think. It's nine of their business.
I absolutely agree our personal relationships are our business alone. Bee and I were discussing general societal philosophies.
You feel adversarial towards me because you see me as a liberal. That again is personal business. Politics to me are just an opinion. We all have one.

You know what Bee. You and your wife and family are all that really matter as to what you are. I am not going to explain my role with any woman I'm with to anybody else. It's really irrelevant what they think. It's none of their business.
I used to tell my troops to look after their families because when they leave the military, their families will still be there for them as our (military colleagues) memories fade....

Of course it is up to each individual to feel comfortable enough to discuss certain things....I guess I'm comfortable enough....

It’s not about who does what, but about respect. It’s about not generalizing what a person’s tendencies or capabilities are based on gender.
Trump, in the last couple of days said something during an interview, expressing surprise that Harris, and he specified a woman, is doing better than Biden. If you are surprised as well, then yes, you may be a sexist. He is, without question.
Bee can’t possibly be a sexist.
He is a kept husband.

Back