Time to make my decision (Busa or ZX-14)

I agree. If a bike doesn't feel comfortable when you sit on it in the showroom, then it isn't the bike for you. That's one of the best tests that I have found over the years when choosing a new bike.
thumb_up.gif

Go sit on both. Pick the one that's most comfortable for you, and that you like the looks of best. They're both great bikes.
+1

I agree.  If a bike doesn't feel comfortable when you sit on it in the showroom, then it isn't the bike for you.  That's one of the best tests that I have found over the years when choosing a new bike.  
thumb_up.gif

Go sit on both.  Pick the one that's most comfortable for you, and that you like the looks of best.  They're both great bikes.
+1
I own both, and yes they are both awesome bikes
winkold.gif
But if you just want to get out and enjoy a ride in comfort and speed, I prefer the 14.

My neighbor owns a zx14 and i have had the liberty of riding it. I will never trade the busa for that boat. It feels like a elongated POS although it feels lighter! I thought about riding the ultra ugly zx14 instead of the busa in my dreams untill i rode one. Theyre more rare though.

My 2 cents.

Both bikes have there pros and cons.

Go out Wen and sit on both. Which feels good and which does your other half think you look better on. When she will be on the back, she will have that image of what you both will look like on it by what you alone look like on it.

Busa has more curves while the 14 is more rigid. Really a personal preference on what style you want. Buy what makes you happier sitting on.

Many people drive(myself included) with all the stock brake lines on and so forth. What your plans with the bike? Cause unless you plan on riding it hard with braking a lot then you will never have a problem. Problem is easily fixed also. If the Busa brakes were really that bad then who would buy them off the showroom floor? I live in Florida and well it's tough riding a bike on street around here. to many old people don't see you coming. I never felt like Breaking would be a problem even after being on the bike for a while. Roads get real hot in the summer here.

Bad news travel fast. Which in some cases is good news. Bad news is better retained also. Making some things seem a bigger hype then what they actually are.

Good Luck!

also .. I've been told that the ninja has NO under seat storage whatsoever and its tricky to fit a power commander in there let alone your wallet and cell phone

I haven't ridden the ZX14, so I can't really compare the two. I do own the '08 'Busa and I consider it a magnificent motorcycle in every respect. The vibrations you mentioned are not intrusive to me in the least, and as someone else has already stated the brakes are quite suitable for day-to-day usage. If you're going to ride on the track (or God forbid, at track pace on the street) a brake upgrade is called for. IMO the 'Busa rules.

I had the same problem deciding between the two...I ended up choosing my blue '08 and I can honestly say I have never given the issue a second thought.
This bike has COMPLETELY satisfied my lust for a more powerful comfortable ride, and there is added feeling of satisfaction that you get from just knowing that you are riding the baddest bike on the planet"¦and everyone else knows it too!
cool.gif

also .. I've been told that the ninja has NO under seat storage whatsoever and its tricky to fit a power commander in there let alone your wallet and cell phone
There is pleanty of room for a P/C and my Muzzy digakill box on my zx14 ..But you can't hide a N20 bottle like you can in a busa hump..

The bikes are only 2 or 3 HP apart stock ... But who leaves them stock anyway ...After mods best rider will win ...
laugh.gif
Buy the bike you like and ride it ..
peace.gif

How many people can ride either bike to their prospective limits? Both are good bikes. The Hayabusa has stood the test of time; moreover, it has a huge following and has an almost endless supply of factory and aftermarket goodies. My loyality will always be with the Suzuki Hayabusa----da King!

beerchug.gif
The 14 kicks ass...And all the better to own one,since they are outsold 2 to 1 I wont see one on every street corner.Ride what fits you,and have fun..Cheers

Yes, I would like to own both. But since it's only one, I'll take the Hayabusa. But it comes down to what you like, you can't go wrong with either bike.
thumb_up.gif

Wait until you change the plugs or do any other major work on the 14....
sad.gif
The 14 and its predesesor, the 12R are difficult bikes to do major maintanence on.  The frame runs over the top of the motor, making it very difficult to change plugs, remove the heads, pull the cylinder, shim valves, index cams, add nitrous injectors, or drop the motor.  Try putting N20 in the airbox of a 14.  You need the hands of a 2 year old.  

The new fairings on the 08 Busa are difficult the first time, but its only a 5 minute deal after you've done it once.  Working on the Busa motor is like working on a F150 pickuptruck;  pop the hood and climb right in.

I personally believe this is the only substantial and quantitative engineering difference between the two bikes. If you're goint to race or beat on the bike, the Busa is a better bike.

Wait until you change the plugs or do any other major work on the 14....
sad.gif
The 14 and its predesesor, the 12R are difficult bikes to do major maintanence on.  The frame runs over the top of the motor, making it very difficult to change plugs, remove the heads, pull the cylinder, shim valves, index cams, add nitrous injectors, or drop the motor.  Try putting N20 in the airbox of a 14.  You need the hands of a 2 year old.  

The new fairings on the 08 Busa are difficult the first time, but its only a 5 minute deal after you've done it once.  Working on the Busa motor is like working on a F150 pickuptruck;  pop the hood and climb right in.

I personally believe this is the only substantial and quantitative engineering difference between the two bikes. If you're goint to race or beat on the bike, the Busa is a better bike.
I have no clue where you get your info on the zx14 but it's wrong ..In the time it takes you to pull the body work to change your oil on your busa i would be done changing plugs on my zx14 ...Plugs on a zx14 are very easy to get to as well as removing the battery ...Hard to pull the motor on a zx14 ? Not true ! I got a wrecked on off flee bay and pulled the motor in less than a half hour ..Like it or not the zx14 is very easy to work on , this bike is not a zx12 so you can't compair the two bikes...
deadhorse.gif

Glad you find it easy to work on your 14. Glad you can pull the motor fast, because a hell of a lot can't be done unless you pull the motor. Big improvements were made with the 14 on servicability over the 12, but its much easier working from above the motor on many tasks. Both bikes are great bikes. I am just pointing out a difference in servicability.

One of my friends was a huge 14 fan until he rode my 08 busa on sunday. He recently sold his 14 and rides his R1. His comment was, "If I buy another bike, you can bet it will be a busa"!

Back