VA Spring Ride Attendance

HEY GUYS!

I still hope I can make it.
I am schedule to close for the condo on May 29th and move on the 30th.
If for some reason someone screws up and we can't close on the 29th we would need to close the following week and move on the weekend of 7th.

Nice work Tom. Thanks for getting the word out like that. I've already got several non-Busa riders planning on coming along, so the more the merrier. I can't wait!

Nice work Tom.  Thanks for getting the word out like that.  I've already got several non-Busa riders planning on coming along, so the more the merrier.  I can't wait!
Glad to do it! Anything to further our cause....

biggrin.gif

bump.gif

good chance i can make it
we are moving on the 30th

hoping that my wife lets me loose while we are still unpacking
smile.gif
Glad to hear it man! We will be looking forward to meeting you. Have a safe trip to Winchester. I am trailering mine up there Friday night.

ps: Is that your wife in your avitar?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114520641 -->

Is it time yet? .... Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of all this rain stuff by then...

Is it time yet? ....  Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of all this rain stuff by then...
Weather patterns look okay so far. I say we ride if the projected chance of rain is 30% or less. If it is higher, and it is raining, I say we make the 14th (our rain date) a rain-or-shine ride. What do you think DJ? I am willing to get a little wet.

Temperatures should be fine both Saturdays (mid 60s to mid 70s).

Weather Man Postal.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114537562 -->

Is it time yet? ....  Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of all this rain stuff by then...
Hey Paul, can you shoot more rolling footage this ride? I still have your other footage. My bro-in-law is going to put together something neat for us. I just need more video.

Thanks!

Tom.

yeah if I can work the damn camera right this time.....haahaa I'll shoot a little bit then you can have it for a while if you want... the mount is quick and easy to switch over...

good chance i can make it
we are moving on the 30th

hoping that my wife lets me loose while we are still unpacking
smile.gif
Glad to hear it man! We will be looking forward to meeting you. Have a safe trip to Winchester. I am trailering mine up there Friday night.

ps: Is that your wife in your avitar?
rock.gif
It's her and she is coming with me..

...you wish  
wink.gif
I was very concerned for her safety walking down that street...

wink.gif

wink.gif

gawd I'm looking forward to this. I need some alone time with the bike.

According to weather.com's 10 day forecast, it looks like rain for the next 5 days, then 2 days clear then Wed and Thurs. before the ride rain again. They aren't predicting for Friday or Saturday yet. *crosses his fingers*

For those coming down on Friday night, has anyone decided where they are staying yet and does anyone think they might want to try a little late night happy hour Friday night? (I'm planning on coming down Friday night. I just don't feel like sitting in the hotel twiddling my fingers all night.)

I know everyone was keeping loose and playing it by ear, but wishful thinking was that some ppl may have finalized some plans.

Weather patterns look okay so far. I say we ride if the projected chance of rain is 30% or less. If it is higher, and it is raining, I say we make the 14th (our rain date) a rain-or-shine ride. What do you think DJ? I am willing to get a little wet.

Weather Man Postal.
Tom ... sounds good to me ... 30% chance of rain and below and we still go. Also, I'm thinking that there will be enough riders to depart in two groups with our two warriors Warren and Paul leading each group as they are familiar with the route. If we do this, I volunteer to ride sweeper for one group.

I rode through W. Va. on my way to my moms . You guys got some of the nicest roads . have a great ride.:D

gawd I'm looking forward to this.  I need some alone time with the bike.  

According to weather.com's 10 day forecast, it looks like rain for the next 5 days, then 2 days clear then Wed and Thurs. before the ride rain again.  They aren't predicting for Friday or Saturday yet.  *crosses his fingers*

For those coming down on Friday night, has anyone decided where they are staying yet and does anyone think they might want to try a little late night happy hour Friday night?  (I'm planning on coming down Friday night.  I just don't feel like sitting in the hotel twiddling my fingers all night.)

I know everyone was keeping loose and playing it by ear, but wishful thinking was that some ppl may have finalized some plans.
I have reservations at the Comfort Inn, 1601 Martinsburg Pike, Winchester, 540-667-8894. It looks like it is real close to the Sheetz station where we start from. I'm trailering mine up there Friday night. Yes, I am a wimp, you know us "over 40" guys.

wink.gif

Weather Man Postal.
Tom ... sounds good to me ... 30% chance of rain and below and we still go. Also, I'm thinking that there will be enough riders to depart in two groups with our two warriors Warren and Paul leading each group as they are familiar with the route. If we do this, I volunteer to ride sweeper for one group.
Yes, I agree DJ! Warren and Paul get the lead on this one. I will be moving around a bit taking pictures and video. I'll hang back with you and sweep too.

So far Weather.com only goes up to Friday the 6th with a 30% chance of showers.

Let's hope for the best! We'll let you, Warren, and Paul make the call for riding or postponing. Keep up the great work!!

Tom.

gawd I'm looking forward to this.  I need some alone time with the bike.  

According to weather.com's 10 day forecast, it looks like rain for the next 5 days, then 2 days clear then Wed and Thurs. before the ride rain again.  They aren't predicting for Friday or Saturday yet.  *crosses his fingers*

For those coming down on Friday night, has anyone decided where they are staying yet and does anyone think they might want to try a little late night happy hour Friday night?  (I'm planning on coming down Friday night.  I just don't feel like sitting in the hotel twiddling my fingers all night.)

I have reservations at the Comfort Inn, 1601 Martinsburg Pike, Winchester, 540-667-8894. It looks like it is real close to the Sheetz station where we start from. I'm trailering mine up there Friday night. Yes, I am a wimp, you know us "over 40" guys.

wink.gif
That Comfort Inn is a perfect location. It is directly across the street from the Sheetz.

OK, so I was tired of work today.  I did one PC fix in the A.M., then rescheduled my other jobs and headed out for a much needed ride.  Long story short... I ended up doing a "Re-Pre-Ride" of the May 7th trip.  The weather was still a bit cool, but a far cry from the 40 degrees and rainy weather Paul and I endured several weeks ago.  Partly cloudy skies gave way to a fast moving and wet cold front that overtook me for 20 miles or so as I was in the twisties of Judy's gap (see the pics in the link below), then cleared up again for the rest of the ride.  I took the camera along and got shots of all gas and rest locations, which I have plugged into the webpage of the itinerary.  I also stopped at several places along the way to get some scenic shots to wet your appetite.  
smile.gif

I tweaked the scedule slightly, as I saw a couple of better (more spacious) locations for gas and rest stops.  All changes are updated in the itinerary webpage.  The biggest change was to eliminate the "sit-down" lunch in Petersburg.  It didn't make sense to eat at a restaurant when the main Seneca Rocks stop is just 20 miles down the road.  Instead of lunch in Petersburg, it will be a gas stop and food pickup at the Sheetz which we'll carry with us to eat at Seneca Rocks.  Remember to bring a tankbag or backpack for your lunch.

The blossoms and leaves are slower in appearing at the higher elevations, but should be perfect by the 7th.  Even still, the scenery was gorgeous today, and I can't wait to do it all over again in a little over a week.

Anyway, here is the revised version with pictures:

<span style='font-family:arial'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span></span>

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

Back