What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

06FA0452-3A42-4C4E-B866-13963703AEF2.jpeg

They should be on this weekend.

Ordered from Zero Gravity website.
What's the install like?

Yes, the wiring harness that comes with it plugs into the harness under the R/H top access panel above the ram air duct. Everything is plug and play.
Is there supposed to be an unused plug-and-play harness under there, like the white 2-prong accessory plug under the passenger seat, or does the OEM grip come with a pass-thru plug that uses an existing one? I forgot to take a picture yesterday, but if I recall correctly there are 3 or 4 there (RH top cowl above the ram air) -- one is green and then a white and black one I think.

TO DAY i fit my oximiser lead to the battery, removed the side stand and modified it to help stop the bike rolling off it when parked , i also fit my vario adjustable foot pegs massive difference . couple pf pics , if you have trouble removing the side stand spring i pack it with coins when it is fully down then when you raise it the spring just lifts off

STAND SPRING.jpg

VARIO PEGS 1.jpg

vario adjuster 2.jpg

TO DAY i fit my oximiser lead to the battery, removed the side stand and modified it to help stop the bike rolling off it when parked , i also fit my vario adjustable foot pegs massive difference . couple pf pics , if you have trouble removing the side stand spring i pack it with coins when it is fully down then when you raise it the spring just lifts off

View attachment 1649581

View attachment 1649582

View attachment 1649583

I really like the idea of those pegs, but not sold on the half cut idea.
I stand Up on the straights every now and then and would like them to be more ’solid’

Not trying to be nosy but if you’re on a rear stand it looks like your oil is at the add mark, you posted recently you just got the bike so I’m not surprised. I noticed when I got my new gen 3 home it was on the add mark so I called the dealer and let them know and they said as long as it’s in between the low and full marks then it’s ok. I ask then what is the pre check for just a joy ride? I guess they think everyone is stupid. I read somewhere others found this same issue with new Suzuki’s. It took 8 ounces to put mine on the full mark. Ecstar R7000 semisynthetic.

Not trying to be nosy but if you’re on a rear stand it looks like your oil is at the add mark, you posted recently you just got the bike so I’m not surprised. I noticed when I got my new gen 3 home it was on the add mark so I called the dealer and let them know and they said as long as it’s in between the low and full marks then it’s ok. I ask then what is the pre check for just a joy ride? I guess they think everyone is stupid. I read somewhere others found this same issue with new Suzuki’s. It took 8 ounces to put mine on the full mark. Ecstar R7000 semisynthetic.
Thanks for pointing that out. I am still yet to even take it for a spin, but wouldn't have thought to really look since it came straight from the dealership. I'll go take a look.

I noticed when I got my new gen 3 home it was on the add mark so I called the dealer and let them know and they said as long as it’s in between the low and full marks then it’s ok. I ask then what is the pre check for just a joy ride? I guess they think everyone is stupid. I read somewhere others found this same issue with new Suzuki’s. It took 8 ounces to put mine on the full mark.

Dealer owner mentality: "Techs, save 27 cents of oil on every bike and after 20 years I'll be RICH RICH RICH!"

My slightly used bike was shortchanged on the coolant just the same.

This puts the exclamation point on, "Do not take your vehicle to them for anything" as they cannot even get the fluid levels correct.

Captain Fumble Fingers here and I touched something today. Wait! Are you sure you will not break it like you broke all of your Christmas toys? Maybe you should call your tech for this project! Okay, okay, calm down. Let us just see how this goes.

I ordered miscellaneous bits for the VFR800 and the Hayabusa. I ordered from Babbitt's and I thought, "Why not order a battery from them.?" I received a battery with a separate liquid. OH NO I HAVE TO ADD ACID THIS IS NOT FOR ME! Well, apparently the process is simple. Seriously, this is what I learned today as I have never done this.

This is great as I did the prep on the battery, I can wait the prescribed time before charging it, and thus there is no question about how long it sat around prior to purchasing it. I like this option!

Look at these gold terminal bolts. I love this country!

0024-04-23-2022-090540AM-new-YUASA-battery.jpg

First ride today! Very nice feeling and was being extra careful. Complete opposite of the first ride on my Gen2. Total mileage about 12 miles in 3 different trips trying to get a good feel. Bought my Gen2 and rode about 80 miles back home. Maybe the comment about the oil was in the back of my head wondering what else might not have been fully up to spec. Seemed okay, though I did hear a bit of a whine at the bottom of a decel. Going out again tomorrow for a bit longer ride.

My slightly used bike was shortchanged on the coolant just the same.

This puts the exclamation point on, "Do not take your vehicle to them for anything" as they cannot even get the fluid levels correct.
Amen brother! And the kicker to my story the dealership general manager agreed it’s ok, I just shook my head. You can’t teach or fix stupid!

Back