What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Not trying to be nosy but if you’re on a rear stand it looks like your oil is at the add mark, you posted recently you just got the bike so I’m not surprised. I noticed when I got my new gen 3 home it was on the add mark so I called the dealer and let them know and they said as long as it’s in between the low and full marks then it’s ok. I ask then what is the pre check for just a joy ride? I guess they think everyone is stupid. I read somewhere others found this same issue with new Suzuki’s. It took 8 ounces to put mine on the full mark. Ecstar R7000 semisynthetic.
When most bikes are on just a rear stand the oil level will be different then when it's sitting on both tires so I always make sure to check it when not in the stand after over filling a couple bikes.

When most bikes are on just a rear stand the oil level will be different then when it's sitting on both tires so I always make sure to check it when not in the stand after over filling a couple bikes.
I agree the rear stand does run some of the oil to the front of the engine and the sight glass is towards the rear but when I noticed mine at the add mark the day after purchased new and took 8 once’s to top off I was sitting on the bike with no stand using a mirror then I took a video for proof in case I need it. Good point though.

100 mile ride, and getting it ready for the brown truck to deliver…..
Any guesses as to what???

20066414-CC1B-4AFF-8D08-A778D993C943.jpeg

48E10F71-A7D4-457C-86CC-54B628EC741E.jpeg

Pipe today….bodywork tomorrow.

My 2XL (in gloves) hands look like I was in a fight with a box full of kittens. Popping the radiator off was the ticket for me- made it all so much easier.

Burping the radiator now, which I have to say is taking much longer than I would’ve thought.

Oh well…it’s on.

View attachment 1650170

My 2XL (in gloves) hands look like I was in a fight with a box full of kittens. Popping the radiator off was the ticket for me- made it all so much easier.

Burping the radiator now, which I have to say is taking much longer than I would’ve thought.

Oh well…it’s on.
Looks fantastic. Just got mine in the mail as well. Going to post some closeup and inside the pipe picks so everyone gets a nice look at the quality. Now we need a video to hear it!

View attachment 1650170

Oh well…it’s on.
That was my guess for why the bodywork was removed. :D

I agree the rear stand does run some of the oil to the front of the engine and the sight glass is towards the rear but when I noticed mine at the add mark the day after purchased new and took 8 once’s to top off I was sitting on the bike with no stand using a mirror then I took a video for proof in case I need it. Good point though.

Bottom line of site glass 3.25 qts
Middle of site glass 3.50 qts
Upper line of site glass 3.75 qts
Full site glass 4.00 qts+

The engine runs safe at 3.25 quarts.
I prefer 3.75(more oil equals cooler and longer lasting oil, with more oil pressure)
I know several who run 4 qts without issue.
If the oil is on the bottom line, upright on level ground...then technically the dealer is right, the oil level is ok.

Your wife just got 1000 cool points in my book!!!
When I met her she had an Integra that she wrenched on.....and you could hear that thing coming from a mile away.

I had to take the entire radiator out to reinstall, after an hour of fighting I gave up. If i had smaller hands or a lift it may have been different.

Back