What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

A little R&G goodness from the UK dropped in.
B725290B-E5E7-415E-9712-0EA4D32EAC91.jpeg

Will order a second seat and see how far I can lower it ,I will have my wife do the hard work.
cut a 1"-2" groove up the center too, and you can put that foam back if you don't like it.
The gen3 I sat on felt like the center line of the seat was the highest point, which then tapered down to the edges of the seat's sides/width.
I Iiked everything else about the seat's shape except that.
Once I buy a gen3, first mod will be to flatten the seat centerline/let the seat be completely flat side to side/no peak in the center(same side view shape otherwise).
I will then cut the 1"-2"×1"-2" center groove, pull the cover back over, test ride if it sits good, and staple the cover back once it rides good.
A simple mod with an electric carving knife for cooking, which makes shaping foam very easy.
Small stock seat shape mods can go a long way towards comfort.
My longterm plan would be for Corbin seats, with a passenger seat with backrest.
In the meantime, it's free if you have a staple gun, staples, and a carving knife.
If you don't...those are man tools, so we don't count the cost of those towards the mod itself, it's still free, lol

I say good for you. It may or may not be my dream bike but does that really matter, i hope not.
It's your money, your personal taste, and your right " your choice " , now ride it like you stole it and I'll bet it's an endless smile! We are all only go through this once! Congrats sir...
I really appreciate that! #RESPECT

Washed and waxed the Busa and that means it doesn’t go to the Brooksville tractor fest tomorrow, for that the VTX gets ridden. Lol

Had a question, can the chrome boomerangs be removed from the fairing to paint, wrap or skin in carbon? Even if they have to be de-plastic welded and reattached, curious if they can actually be totally removed.

Yes they can. If you take the fairing off and lay it carefully on something nice and soft with the paint facing down you'll notice there are a couple of screws that hold the chrome strip and the side vent in place with a couple of slide clips. It is very simple, but please be careful with the plastic parts as you slowly separate them.

When you remove the side vent assembly, you will then fold the chrome strip ever so slightly from it footings and slots in the side panel.

Secondly, they can be painted. I have a pair that are laying with a bunch of the other parts not far from my feet.

I think we talked about this before, but if you prep, or your paint guy preps the chrome a certain way, then prime, then paint, they turn out awesome. Have fun.

Today I trialed a free performance upgrade..
-Noticeably improved acceleration
-Increased mpg
-Significant weight saving
-More flickable handling

Yes they can. If you take the fairing off and lay it carefully on something nice and soft with the paint facing down you'll notice there are a couple of screws that hold the chrome strip and the side vent in place with a couple of slide clips. It is very simple, but please be careful with the plastic parts as you slowly separate them.

When you remove the side vent assembly, you will then fold the chrome strip ever so slightly from it footings and slots in the side panel.

Secondly, they can be painted. I have a pair that are laying with a bunch of the other parts not far from my feet.

I think we talked about this before, but if you prep, or your paint guy preps the chrome a certain way, then prime, then paint, they turn out awesome. Have fun.

Yep I believe we did and it needing to be etched primer prior to painting, even though it's plastic chrome. :)

Exactly what I was hoping for, can be removed so adding it to my "attempt to skin" list. I have a spare nose trim due this week to attempt to skin it soon.

.. I left the wife at home.
Amazing what a difference losing 80kg makes even though that equates to only a single digit percentage of the total gross weight.
Rambling. Apologies

Last edited:
View attachment 1648216
View attachment 1648217
Knight Designs 1 3/8 (35mm) drop pegs installed. Im going to give a little relief for the shifter, but right now it clears. May make a small notch for the spring to ride in, we shall see.

They feel like they take the strain off my knees.

They are for the ZX14.
I’m going to try washers or brass spacers to fill the gap.

Thanks @chidago!
Ok, they are finally on.

Washers weren’t needed. The hole in the KD pegs is larger than the stockers.

Bought these uxcell Bearing Sleeve 8mm Bore x 12mm OD x 15mm Length Self-Lubricating Sintered Bronze Bushings 3pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JM1ZHG3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_C2PZANDCACGFR4M535Z1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
F4056E92-E2CE-4099-8D88-0A9753559A48.jpeg

Cut them in half and then filed off about a mm on each end. Fits the diameter of the KD pegs perfectly.

A relief was necessary on the left side to clear the shifter pivot, as @chidago said.

I did notch out a couple mm’s for the spring end to ride in- now it’s recessed into the pegs.

Very comfy for me.

Back