What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

I put some injector cleaner into the tank of the RR before a ride and as I tipped the plastic bottle up the little cardboard seal from inside the cap, that had got stuck on the bottle, fell out into the tank! I have one of those after market quick release cap arrangements, I removed it so I had a clear view into the top of the tank and had a look around with a torch but nope, nowhere in sight. I decided the best course of action was to just pretend it didn't happen :confused:

fuel cap.jpg

I put the highway pegs that came on the bike back on, but moved them to a different and more comfortable position.
It was hot all day, then rained...again...yay.
So I didn't get to see how well they drag in curves yet, lol

20240902_184119.jpg

20240902_184125.jpg

20240902_184138.jpg

20240902_184152.jpg

The teeth on the pegs are pretty far apart too, so the next position up is basically horizontal, then they are too far back.

Alright party people, haven't talked much about it, but as some of you may know I always have a project going (usually multiple). About a month ago I started to kick the dust off my '06 GSX-R 1K that I haven't done much riding of since before the pandemic. Because she hadn't even been started in a couple of years had the usual rusty fuel tank issues to take care of, but she's sorted now and I'm ready to get her on the road.

For those that don't know or remember, I had the front brakes lock up on me on this back causing a low-side at around 60 MPH. The 12-year anniversary of that comes up in about 3 weeks and plan to take a ride to commemorate. Here is what she looked like post accident.

Chase (22 Oct 12) - 1.JPG
This is where I learned the value of frame sliders. It, the exhaust and mirror took the brunt of the damage.

The price of replacement fairings has always been quite high, so I opted for aftermarket fairings and a change of color. My question for you all is whether or not to keep the aftermarket color or restore to OEM. Here's the current color.

Chase (01 Sep 24) - 1.jpg

One of the best GSXR’s.
That red one was a very nice bike, although the black one has been very nicely renovated. The most valuable are the blue and white k5.
Personally, I would leave it as it is. The red one won't increase its value unless you go for original fairings, but still.
Good luck with it.

Alright party people, haven't talked much about it, but as some of you may know I always have a project going (usually multiple). About a month ago I started to kick the dust off my '06 GSX-R 1K that I haven't done much riding of since before the pandemic. Because she hadn't even been started in a couple of years had the usual rusty fuel tank issues to take care of, but she's sorted now and I'm ready to get her on the road.

For those that don't know or remember, I had the front brakes lock up on me on this back causing a low-side at around 60 MPH. The 12-year anniversary of that comes up in about 3 weeks and plan to take a ride to commemorate. Here is what she looked like post accident.

View attachment 1687078This is where I learned the value of frame sliders. It, the exhaust and mirror took the brunt of the damage.

The price of replacement fairings has always been quite high, so I opted for aftermarket fairings and a change of color. My question for you all is whether or not to keep the aftermarket color or restore to OEM. Here's the current color.

View attachment 1687079

That all black looks fantastic, I would leave it just like it is.
You know you have the original bike, and why the fairings were changed, I wouldn't care that it wasn't the original color, but if I did, I would put oem fairings back on it.
I would powdercoat the rear pegs and brackets black, or buy a black set for it, give it the all black look.

You know you have the original bike, and why the fairings were changed, I wouldn't care that it wasn't the original color, but if I did, I would put oem fairings back on it.
I would powdercoat the rear pegs and brackets black, or buy a black set for it, give it the all black look.
I concur......all black is a good look for this bike.....

There were lots of them made so keeping all OEM wouldn't enhance any monetary value in the bike....it all comes down to the owner's preference at this point.

One of the best GSXR’s.
That red one was a very nice bike, although the black one has been very nicely renovated. The most valuable are the blue and white k5.
Personally, I would leave it as it is. The red one won't increase its value unless you go for original fairings, but still.
Good luck with it.
Thanks for that. All the fairings are in good shape except the right side (~ $900 with decals). Considered selling a while ago, but will probably keep for the short term, at least.

All good points. Powdercoat the brackets and new rear pegs are on the short list.

I concur......all black is a good look for this bike.....

There were lots of them made so keeping all OEM wouldn't enhance any monetary value in the bike....it all comes down to the owner's preference at this point.
Hadn't thought of monetary value before now. I also hadn't taken any pics of it in this color scheme until a couple of days ago and do like it more than I expected. My biggest issue is that the tank is not fully covered by the tank cover and Bagster, but I'll figure that out.

I put this bluetooth adapter on my Goldwing the other day(don't think I posted the picture).
It's made by
www.electricalconnection.com
It plugs inline to a factory power supply in the factory harness, under the front left storage box, and leaves a factory style plug open for other connections.
I plugged it in, turned to Auxilery on the GW dash, linked it in my phone, and instant connection.
It sounds great too.
This one is music only, not for helmet comms, or talking on the phone, and has a ground loop isolator to cancel engine noise.
The short double-end stereo cable in the picture is not used.

20240818_174022.jpg

Hadn't thought of monetary value before now. I also hadn't taken any pics of it in this color scheme until a couple of days ago and do like it more than I expected. My biggest issue is that the tank is not fully covered by the tank cover and Bagster, but I'll figure that out.
You might be able to find a black OEM tank somewhere and use it tucking yours away.....

I’m posting this all wrong can some one help me my head is in a bad place

Hiya, sorry to hear you’re selling. I don’t think there’s a specific FOR SALE section on this forum so I reposted your entry in the Gen3 section entitled FOR SALE. You should list a price, mileage, location, options and specifically what accessories you’re also selling.

Last edited:
@TallTom
@BigBSBusa

The female end of this plug in red is under both the left and right front small storage boxes on my 2007, both 12v for accessories, in addition to the 12v that is factory mounted in the left box.
They are both inside of black rubber covers/boots that have other plugged connections in the main harness, but they are both open/nothing connected.

Screenshot_20240903-140635_Gallery.jpg

Back